Chrono Trigger (DS) $13.20 Amazon

[quote name='shadowrage']$13.09

Thanks for the free prime shipping amazon. I lucked out by waiting. Saved even more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the free prime shipping just saved me around $35.

bought this last week for $14.99 and tried to get an adjustment. every thing I contact CS if I could return it and reorder, hoping for a credit. I get the same bullshit as always "oh that was the lowest price at that time and such" seems like a generic response and never an actual reply

[quote name='Kendro']Yes his character is named Magus in the status screen. But don't the NPC's refer to him as Fiendlord? Like the soldiers and characters in towns?[/QUOTE]

It's been both, actually. Some were saying "the fiendlord and his troops/generals" and others call him Magus.

Just got mine in today! It actually came with the poster, which I was kinda surprised because it was supposed to be only in the first print run like it says on the box, which mine was. I guess Amazon just had a ton of initial stock and never sold enough of it? Sheesh, what a shame.

Anyway, the deal is back up so get this while you can, I'm about to go pop it in and play right now!

One of my favorite games of all time. I still have my SNES copy but the SNES isn't hooked up consistently. When I saw the thread the price was already back up to $20 so I'm glad to see the continuing fluctuations.

Grabbed at $13.20, small price to pay for a portable version of one of the best RPGs of all time.

Well, it's $13.20 again, so I went ahead and bought one. I'm ashamed to say I've never played Chrono Trigger all the way through, and the only copy I have in my posession before this DS copy is the PS1 copy with horrid load times. This will be a nice treat.

It's 12.97 if you order from HubbaGames. It's new/sealed and fulfilled by Amazon, and it counts toward Free Super Saver.

i ordered one at $13.20. I never had a snes when i was younger, my brother choose a genesis over a snes so i never got to play this game. Thanks a ton!

[quote name='Doomed']Is there any part of the SNES game not in the DS game?[/QUOTE]

If it really matters to you the dialogue was revised in the DS version.

Apparently my copy of chrono trigger was delivered by A-1 international courier service as of 2 pm today but I didn't a game outside my house. On their tracking it says 08/26/2010 14:08 Delivered - LBD. Anyone know what the LBD stands for? I hate when amazon mails my stuff using that a-1 international service.

I finally bit on this, and picked up a copy of space invaders extreme 2 for good measure. I was going to order from hubbagames to save the nine cents but they wanted to charge me tax, so I ordered from Amazon instead.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']One of my favorite games of all time. I still have my SNES copy but the SNES isn't hooked up consistently. When I saw the thread the price was already back up to $20 so I'm glad to see the continuing fluctuations. [/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time to sell the SNES copy, you'd make back the $13.20 and then some. ;)

Although it's probably a minor point for many, I should note that the graphics look alot better when they're shrunk down to the smaller DS screen than when you play the SNES or PSX versions on a regular TV, especially the FMV clips

Well since i never got my first order from amazon, they said they'll send another copy out to me. They still used A-1 courier service which is really annoying because I probably wont end up getting the game. There is like a 40 page long forum on amazon discussing how bad this shipping service is.

[quote name='Vinny']Man... this game must have bombed if you guys are still getting first print copies.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a copy that didn't have the poster. Not to say that they don't exist, but I have literally never seen one and believe me, I have looked as recently as a couple of weeks ago. My local Best Buy and Fry's both have the poster version still heavily in stock.

[quote name='Vinny']Man... this game must have bombed if you guys are still getting first print copies.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help that SE priced the game at $39.99 when it first came out. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and gladly paid $69.99+tax when it first came out on the SNES back in '95, but trying to sell an SNES game in this day and age for $39.99 just won't fly, especially when the only enhancements were a silly monster arena, slightly revised script, the anime cutscenes from the PSX version and 1 more ending.

At least when the PSX version came out the anime cutscenes were new AND it came along with another SNES gem, FFIV for $39.99 altogether, essentially making each game $20. Many people, myself included, didn't think the game warranted its initial price tag.:cry:

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Well since i never got my first order from amazon, they said they'll send another copy out to me. They still used A-1 courier service which is really annoying because I probably wont end up getting the game. There is like a 40 page long forum on amazon discussing how bad this shipping service is.[/QUOTE]

yeah that happened when I ordered some other games before (wonder if any other product types were lost?). it'd be a nice surprise to have the original order show up like 6+ months later though

[quote name='Vector']At least when the PSX version came out the anime cutscenes were new AND it came along with another SNES gem, FFIV for $39.99 altogether, essentially making each game $20. Many people, myself included, didn't think the game warranted its initial price tag.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Why I waited until now to order. Why buy this version when I can snag it for the PS1 for half the price...Answer: My girlfriend plays the DS

Sweet. Picking this up most definitely. And with the free Student thing Amazon is doing..ahaha. Two day shipping for free! Nothing like being a broke CAG going to college.

ordered late friday night. They shipped saturday... arrived today... they shipped it next day air... while I have prime, I'm still confused with that one.

got one and loving it so far. never played this before now and its so far my favorite rg. question though does being guilty early in the game change the rest of the game?

[quote name='mcdaking84']got one and loving it so far. never played this before now and its so far my favorite rg. question though does being guilty early in the game change the rest of the game?[/QUOTE]

No it is pretty minor and only affects how you get thrown in jail. If it is your favorite so far, and you're only up to the Middle Ages, you are in for a treat!

I feel so tempted to buy this...would this be considered the most complete chrono trigger game made thus far? (I mean not the PSone with the problems with it).

Definitely because it has the ps1 enhancements (the anime cutscenes mainly) without the disc loading times. Plus, since it's on a smaller screen it looks better than when it's blown up to a full size like the SNES/PS1. Definitely the version to have!

I have this on my DS. Although I never completed it, definitely a great game that's more than worth $13. Think I bought my copy for $20 back then and never regretted it.

[quote name='WatTsu']Back to 19.79 now. And I was just about to buy it, too. *single tear*[/QUOTE]

I would keep an eye on the site just in case it does go back down. One reason might be that the Amazon warehouses ran out of stock and you are buying it from a different company that is being fulfilled by Amazon. But then again I really don't know how Amazon works and I'm just speculating.

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I ordered this game for 12.87 on the 30th..and its still not shipped! Anyone having the same deal?

bread's done
Back