Chrono Trigger DS $29.99 FSSS Amazon.com

damn! already got it at gamestop..gutted....

already played this on snes and ps1(remake) multiple times and this one is the best! they changed the tiny things only a fanatic would notice and appreciate. good find

[quote name='mr_burnzz']damn! already got it at gamestop..gutted....

already played this on snes and ps1(remake) multiple times and this one is the best! they changed the tiny things only a fanatic would notice and appreciate. good find[/quote]

That's what's keeping me from biting on it. I beat it multiple times on the SNES, and even more completions on the PS1 FFIV/CT ports. It's an awesome game, and I'd love to have the "definitive" version with all the extras and whatnot, but $30 (aka the SE discount taking it down to regular DS price) just seems out of my absolute point. $20 and I'd definitely bite.

Then again, maybe if the ECA code FINALLY starts working, $27 might make me pull the trigger.

This also happens to be in my quick picks right now, so I could get it for $28.49. I just bought it at Gamestop the other day, but I'm thinking of taking that gutted copy back and returning it. I'd rather have the sealed one.

Gamestop question though: If my copy was gutted, can I still return it for a refund or store credit, or will I need to get the same product? (I removed all the stickers, but have the receipt.)

[quote name='bvharris']This also happens to be in my quick picks right now, so I could get it for $28.49. I just bought it at Gamestop the other day, but I'm thinking of taking that gutted copy back and returning it. I'd rather have the sealed one.

Gamestop question though: If my copy was gutted, can I still return it for a refund or store credit, or will I need to get the same product? (I removed all the stickers, but have the receipt.)[/quote]

Did they put a sticker/seal on the side? If you have that on still you should still be ok. Otherwise you could just say you never got one, GS doesnt seem to care about selling used games as new anyway.:roll:

[quote name='BackInBlack']Did they put a sticker/seal on the side? If you have that on still you should still be ok. Otherwise you could just say you never got one, GS doesnt seem to care about selling used games as new anyway.:roll:[/quote]

There was no Gamedays sticker on it, just the usual new price tag $39.99. The box came off the regular shelves, as there weren't any in the gamedays bins. I took off the price sticker, though like I said I have the receipt.

I don't care about a refund, but do you think I could get store credit rather than exchanging it for another Chrono Trigger?

[quote name='bvharris']There was no Gamedays sticker on it, just the usual new price tag $39.99. The box came off the regular shelves, as there weren't any in the gamedays bins. I took off the price sticker, though like I said I have the receipt.

I don't care about a refund, but do you think I could get store credit rather than exchanging it for another Chrono Trigger?[/quote]

I was talking about the "seal". Usually if they sell a "new" gutted game, they will put a sticker around the side so that you can return it as new. Regardless, if you have the game in new condition anyway, and have your receipt, you should be able to get a refund.

[quote name='bvharris']There was no Gamedays sticker on it, just the usual new price tag $39.99. The box came off the regular shelves, as there weren't any in the gamedays bins. I took off the price sticker, though like I said I have the receipt.

I don't care about a refund, but do you think I could get store credit rather than exchanging it for another Chrono Trigger?[/quote]
Probably no unless the Manager is cool with it. They will probably ask you to trade it in.

[quote name='BackInBlack']...

I was talking about the "seal". Usually if they sell a "new" gutted game, they will put a sticker around the side so that you can return it as new. Regardless, if you have the game in new condition anyway, and have your receipt, you should be able to get a refund.[/quote]

Ah, I know what you mean now. No, I took that off. I'll just call them in the morning and see what they say. Thanks for the input.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Probably no unless the Manager is cool with it. They will probably ask you to trade it in.[/quote]

The receipt I have says that open new merchandise can be returned with a receipt for the identical item, so in the very least I should be able to do that. I'll try to finagle them from there into giving me store credit (especially since it was the last copy at that Gamestop, IIRC)

$30 is also too much for my tastes as well. This game should have been released at $30 given how little new content they've added. IMHO, asking $40 was just a slap in the face for fans (this is cheapassgamer, after all). I'll bite when it gets to $20.

If they are selling it as new merchandise, he should be able to return it. If they want to sell opened games as new, then we should be able to return them within 30 days. Gamestop shouldn't get it both ways.

I have no real clue what they would do though. Great game. I bought it at this price a few months ago from Amazon and had no regrets.

[quote name='rothgar24']If they are selling it as new merchandise, he should be able to return it. If they want to sell opened games as new, then we should be able to return them within 30 days. Gamestop shouldn't get it both ways.

I have no real clue what they would do though. Great game. I bought it at this price a few months ago from Amazon and had no regrets.[/quote]

Should and would are two different questions entirely when it comes to Gamestop. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though it's not really a huge deal if I can't return it.

If you don't mind doing mail in rebates, you can get this for $19.99 after mail in rebate at FYE and FYE.com ($15.99 if you're a Backstage Pass member). I picked it up last week for $35.99 but got the $20 rebate form and used a $20 FYE debit card from a prior FYE rebate. So I paid $15.99 out of pocket, and am awaiting a $20 rebate in the mail for it in the form of another FYE debit card.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I have a huge backlog and I'm willing to wait till it hits the $20 mark, before I bite. Same with Dragon Quest V[/QUOTE]

Careful with DQV. Evidently they only shipped just north of 100k copies to North America. That one could become rare before it gets discounted.

[quote name='bvharris']Should and would are two different questions entirely when it comes to Gamestop. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though it's not really a huge deal if I can't return it.[/quote]

Exactly. Unfortunately, as another poster said, unless you bump into a cool manager, you are only going to be able to exchange it for the identical item.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Careful with DQV. Evidently they only shipped just north of 100k copies to North America. That one could become rare before it gets discounted.[/QUOTE]

100k is a lot for a portable games. Most Atlus games dont even get half of that

[quote name='62t']100k is a lot for a portable games. Most Atlus games dont even get half of that[/QUOTE]

Chrono Trigger shipped over 400k, possibly quite a bit over, and it's just now hit 30 bucks. Fair point though.

EDIT: Actually no, looks like CT only shipped 220k to North America through 12/2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='willardhaven']The only thing keeping me from picking this up is the fact that they removed Frog's accent. Did they change any other dialogue?[/QUOTE]

Removed his accent, how? Do you mean his style of speech? Last I played CT it was without voice for any of the characters...

[quote name='prateeko']Removed his accent, how? Do you mean his style of speech? Last I played CT it was without voice for any of the characters...[/quote]

Sorry I misused the word accent. I was referring to Frog's Old or Middle English dialect.

[quote name='willardhaven']Sorry I misused the word accent. I was referring to Frog's Old or Middle English dialect.[/quote]

Holy butt, really?

Wow, I really liked that part on the FFC version. Made him have some old-english knight like chivalry. :)

I just beat this last night. Gah, I was so pissed. I lost around 7 hours of play time a few days ago when my DS died and corrupted the save file. Thankfully I had created an extra save for no reason earlier in the day.

Word to the wise avoid the new Lost Sanctum content. I started it and got most of the way through it, but it was a pain in the ass. You're constantly jumping between the Middle Ages and the Prehistoric Era. I only did it to level grind a bit. I lost my progress when my save file was corrupted, which upset me, but I was relieved because now I wouldn't feel guilty leaving the quests unfinished.

Oh, $30 is a great price for the game. I can't believe people still wanting to skip it.

they changed little things...remember the term mystics? the ds is calling them fiends....i dunno. some changes are cool but some i find are stupid..like the one i just named. mystics was a cool name. theyve also got this new teleport spot in the end of time that takes u to a mini game where u battle monsters. u train it and things of that nature. havent done much of it at all so i cant say much on it.

im thoroughly enjoying CT because it just feels new on a handheld. although ive played the PSX version, i feel this one is better.

[quote name='Anexanhume']If you don't mind used, 12.99 with FS
http://www.gamefunk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=045496737788&CartID=0
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

That's pretty impressive, thanks for the heads up!

bread's done
Back