Chuck! - Mondays on NBC

An October season premiere would be freaking sweet. I really hope Chuck will be back on Monday nights because I think it would go great with Castle.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They killed Southland!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, Trauma is a great show....damn it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Southland was axed. Leno locking up the 10 slot played a big part in it.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Cancels-Southland-1010662.aspx

I know Leno is cheaper to produce but with Southland gone I only watch Trauma (for how long?) and some Thursday comedies on NBC now. Hopefully another network or cable channel will pick up Southland. CBS owes me one for canceling The Unit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They killed Southland!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, Trauma is a great show....damn it![/QUOTE]
trauma also costs $3 mil per episode

^Yeah, good show but I don't see it lasting too long.

Anyway, just saw some commercials for Chuck coming back in Jan. I'm not sure how I feel about it from the previews in it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Season premiere today at 9pm PST/EST and 8pm CST. New episodes continue on regular time Monday (including tomorrow) at 8pm.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait, I need my Chuck fix :applause:

For those of us on the East Coast, it's already over. Will probably wait til tomorrow to get in depth about anything, but here's two quick thoughts.

With Ellie and Awesome getting their own space, something tells me we're going to be seeing a lot less of them this season.

Felt kinda copout-ish, the way they brought Morgan back to the BuyMore. He also didn't seem to mind failing at his lifelong dream nearly as much as I would.

I'm eager to see what they pull out this season. Last season set the bar pretty high.

I guess it has been that long... I'm gonna have to watch last season's last episode because I'm pretty confused. LOVE seeing Sarah again.
Carl is a nice surprise, like that guy. Thank god someone shot that irritating manager guy with glasses.
As for the rest of the shows today, fail. LOVE seeing Sarah again! Did I mention that?

Vinny Jones being in episode 2 was pretty awesome oh and Mini Anden *drool*

Its good to have Chuck back and soon White Collar & Burn Notice. The damn DVR is gonna be filling up so fast >

WOW I forgot about this. I was watching BSG The Plan and got about a half hour into it and went to sleep. I should have went to bead earlyer because of the time I have to get up but I wanted to see the first half hour or so of it. I will have to catch chuck and it on Hulu when I get the chance.

NBC had a promo at the end of the show saying episodes were available for free starting tomorrow on nbc.com, don't know if it makes a difference where you watch it so Chuck gets credit for it, I know I was suffering through the commercial breaks (used to always download the shows on XBox Live.)

The Morgan, Edie, and Awesome car commercials going to Vancouver were the only good thing out of the "we have to find more ways to make money" movement, I wouldn't mind a few more, similar commercials, maybe even Chuck/Morgan playing some new games as commercials. No Subway references yet, wondering when that kicks in.

Don't forget there's a show tomorrow night at 8/7 central and that's the normal time for the rest of the season (minus Olympics.)

[quote name='Chronis']So we are 1 hour past the end of our two hour season premier and nobody has anything to say?[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know it was on until just before I went to bed. I will have to set my DVR to record the rest of the season. I like what I heard towards the end of the first episode
"We had to protect Chuck from the world. But now we have to protect the world from Chuck."

so this is what happens when nbc advertises
Holy 'Chuck'! Highest ratings since 3D telecast

The two-hour return of "Chuck" gave the Buy More hero NBC's highest rating for the show since the show's special 3D telecast that aired the day after the Super Bowl.

The first episode of "Chuck" drew 7.7 million viewers and a healthy 3.0 preliminary rating among adults 18-49, with the second drawing 7.2 million and a 2.9 rating.

Great episodes last night, Sarah in a bikini and Sarah in lingerie...enough said! :drool:

You can totally tell that the budget is a lot smaller this time around, as some of the scenes looked way too fake: The train station, totally looked like it was CGI, and Mexico was totally Universal Studios, nothing that really affects how great the show and the cast is though, just an observation.

So glad the ratings did so well, hopefully it keeps up and Chuck gets renewed for a 4th season.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Great episodes last night, Sarah in a bikini and Sarah in lingerie...enough said! :drool:

You can totally tell that the budget is a lot smaller this time around, as some of the scenes looked way too fake: The train station, totally looked like it was CGI, and Mexico was totally Universal Studios, nothing that really affects how great the show and the cast is though, just an observation.

So glad the ratings did so well, hopefully it keeps up and Chuck gets renewed for a 4th season.[/QUOTE]

And it looks like they reduced minor cast appearances too.
Emmit's dead, Anna got written off, Big Mike didnt appear in the first episode but did in the second, Awesome and Elie appeared in the first episode but not the second.

^^But yet we have special guests like Vinnie Jones and inevitably Stone Cold Steve Austin. As much as I like them, this isn't The Condemned! I'd rather have more of the regular crew than them.

[quote name='Chronis']^^But yet we have special guests like Vinnie Jones and inevitably Stone Cold Steve Austin. As much as I like them, this isn't The Condemned! I'd rather have more of the regular crew than them.[/QUOTE]

I also saw Michael Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk as guest stars in the preview montage.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I also saw Michael Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk as guest stars in the preview montage.[/QUOTE]

Armand Asanti played the Castro-like dicator tonight, with Angie Harmon in next week's episode, and Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) as the male spy competition with Chuck for Sarah's feelings later in the season.

Tonight's episode was EPIC, and also great that they're doing two part episodes instead of each episode wraping itself up. For those wanting more Ellie and Awesome, they're got their wish tonight and they'll get even more Awesome next week.

At some point in the middle of season 2, Chuck became my favorite show on TV. It's not the best show I've ever seen and is plenty flawed and there are plenty of shows with superior production values, but that being said, it does a great job doing what it's supposed to do. It entertains.

Season 2 got off to a somewhat slow start and I'm glad to see Season 3 has picked up faster. Yet, for some reason, it seems to me like it is lacking a few laughs number-wise compared to the episodes in the middle/end of last season. Maybe it's just me.

Also, some things just feel a little bit more forced/contrived that I expected. Hopefully the show is warming up and will hit its real stride a few episodes in. All that being said, I'm thrilled Chuck is back for Season 3 and hopefully ratings continue to be stellar. Imho, even a sub-par season 3 would entertain me more than at least 80+% of the stuff (often garbage) out there.

[quote name='darkcecil32']At some point in the middle of season 2, Chuck became my favorite show on TV. It's not the best show I've ever seen and is plenty flawed and there are plenty of shows with superior production values, but that being said, it does a great job doing what it's supposed to do. It entertains.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It is easily the most entertaining show on TV even though it's not the best. I always look forward to it, it always makes me smile and I'm always surprised how fast the hour goes by. Awesome show.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Yet, for some reason, it seems to me like it is lacking a few laughs number-wise compared to the episodes in the middle/end of last season. Maybe it's just me. [/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it's because the more funny moments/episodes tend to happen in the Buy More. We haven't really seen a lot of it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
@javeryh

Hopefully more people feel like we do. Supposedly Fox has moved House to the 8 pm time slot in order to try and "crush Chuck/NBC." Even though I think House is a decent show and try to catch it whenever I can, I'm really annoyed at the producers/management at Fox. This "strategic" move coming from the same brilliant minds that canceled Arrested Development. But I digress. Hopefully Chuck puts up resoundingly successful numbers in the upcoming season!

@Chronis

Yeah, that's probably it for the most part. Yet, at times, Chuck's (character) humor in particular has seemed a little less natural and a little more forced to me than in past years. Could be just me nitpicking too much.

Here's looking forward to next week!

Yeah, it would have been pretty tragic if they killed off Captain Awesome, considering his last words to Chuck were something to the effect of "I don't need to be a super spy, I realized all I need in life is to be with Ellie, and that's enough for me."

For a minute there I really thought they were setting him up to be killed off.

Yeah me too. Of course the preview went and completely destroyed that idea. Honestly, I really hate previews. Watching that 15 seconds brought back memories of DragonBall Z. "Will Goku finally be able to beat Vegeta? Come back next time for 'Vegeta Defeated!'" Ugh... just ugh. Seriously, it would have felt a better aftereffect for me to think Awesome was killed only then to find out he's not next week.

I saw a trailer for Mass Effect 2 last night and I thought to myself, "holy shit that character looks just like Sarah!"

masseffect2standard580.jpg

Sure enough, she's doing the voice for the character, and Adam Baldwin is doing one as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540125/

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I saw a trailer for Mass Effect 2 last night and I thought to myself, "holy shit that character looks just like Sarah!"

masseffect2standard580.jpg

Sure enough, she's doing the voice for the character, and Adam Baldwin is doing one as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540125/[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought when I first saw it myself. Looks like someone at Bioware has the hots for her, who doesn't?

I haven't seen the newest episode yet... Anyway, I met this Japanese chick at a bank. She looks like a Japanese version of Strahovski. Great stuff. Hawt. Married though... :/

The fuck? Why did that evil bald guy show his needle to Awesome in the first place?

Fight club was amusing.

They only introduced Shaw just because they can't use Bryce anymore, and he is a substitute down to his boyish good looks. And to clinch it, Bomer's character in White Collar, and Shaw said the same thing about guns.

[quote name='Chronis']As great as a Yvonne Strahovski lookalike is, I noticed Tricia Helfer did voice acting too. They need a Tricia character. :drool:[/QUOTE]

yea that would be amazing

Oh snap! Kreuk!

lol "I didn't get to use my nun chucks" That's what she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just getting into this show and I'm really liking it. I'm about to wrap up season 1 later today, and hopefully I can finish season 2 within a couple weeks. I'm DVRing season 3 right now.

That was a fun episode. Kreuk was fine enough, and I wished Steve Austin got more screen time so there's more fighting.
Casey should use that Manchurian Candidate hypnosis more. But I wonder how many times he's used it on Chuck.

bread's done
Back