Chuck S2 Blu-Ray -How to tell is 3D episode included?

KyleN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Does anyone know how to tell if the 3D episode of Chuck is included in the S2 Blu-Ray? I thought all first printing copies were supposed to include this, but I got my preorder from Amazon today and it didn't included the glasses or the episode.

[quote name='KyleN']Does anyone know how to tell if the 3D episode of Chuck is included in the S2 Blu-Ray? I thought all first printing copies were supposed to include this, but I got my preorder from Amazon today and it didn't included the glasses or the episode.[/QUOTE]
Not all stores are going to get it, my BB i work at has them its marked but our Target/Walmart does not, im starting to wonder if maybe it is exlusive at certain stores? maybe amazon got shipments of both and you just ended up getting the shit end of the stick

and did amazons pre-order state it was coming with it? if not there is not much you can do about it :cry:, if so then contact them.

This is happening with a lot of Warner releases, only the first pressing is getting the extras like a slipcover, digital copy, or in this case 3D episode... and the second pressing without the extras are being shipped out on release day. Weird system if you ask me!

[quote name='astrotide']This is happening with a lot of Warner releases, only the first pressing is getting the extras like a slipcover, digital copy, or in this case 3D episode... and the second pressing without the extras are being shipped out on release day. Weird system if you ask me![/QUOTE]
They both get mixed in the same shipment, its why when you goto walmart/bestbuy alot of the time you will see a stack of for instance the hangover without slipcovers and a stack with

amazon is a huge store im sure they have both first and 2nd pressings in the warehouse, like i said he probably got the shit end of the stick on that deal which is why i ALWAYS buy stuff like this from retail stores, you can complain to amazon and get a new one sent back or get a 20% refund and keep the item, TBH 3d is nothing more then a gimmick and it didn't look good when it aired on TV anyways so i would just get the 20% which is waht? 10 bucks?

The 3-D episode is included on both the BD & SD in all copies. It's on the last disc as a bonus episode. The 2-D version of the episode is in the order it was shown. It will probably always be on the disc but the glasses may only be in the first pressing. If you still have the glasses from when it aired they will also work.

[quote name='8bitlover']The 3-D episode is included on both the BD & SD in all copies. It's on the last disc as a bonus episode. The 2-D version of the episode is in the order it was shown. It will probably always be on the disc but the glasses may only be in the first pressing. If you still have the glasses from when it aired they will also work.[/QUOTE]
This release will feature a limited edition version of the 3D episode that aired on 2/2/09, along with 2 pairs of 3D glasses (available on initial ship only)! This episode will NEVER be aired in 3D again, and can ONLY be seen in 3D on the DVD!

Nope, most retail stores will get 1 box with the rest without and giant warehouse companies online have both mixed together, our BB has both versions, its more limited then people think.

Another thing to watch out with when it comes to Warner is they are going to start doing combo BDs. Much like the combo HD dvd discs.

wait, so I must get this now (at BB) if I want the best version?? damn! no waiting for a sub $20 price drop like I got the 1st season on BD for..

If you have a copy of Coraline BD with 3D version of the film it has 4 pair of glasses or you can go to Blockbuster and rent a movie that has 3D they should have glasses but they would cost you something like a buck. I know my local store does this but I own Coraline that's why I mentioned it.

[quote name='cdeener']If you have a copy of Coraline BD with 3D version of the film it has 4 pair of glasses or you can go to Blockbuster and rent a movie that has 3D they should have glasses but they would cost you something like a buck. I know my local store does this but I own Coraline that's why I mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

The problem is not just that the 3D glasses aren't included--the 3D episode isn't included either.

Anyway--went to Best Buy, and the 4 copies they had on the shelf all had 2 stickers--one for the 3D glasses/episode and one for some BB exclusive comic inside the slipcover. Will be returning the Amazon copy--replacement also had no mention of 3D on the cover so I didn't bother to even open to check.

OK folks. Trust me I work for WHV and the episode are on all of the disc. The 3-D glassses are not the same as any of the current 3-D on BD. They were a green/yellow type. True the useal plan call for the first pressing only to include the glasses but if the demand and sales are there they will make more with glasses. The ONLY different version is the BB with the comic. This is a package thing and the disc are not different on the inside compared to amazon, target, walmart etc. Just make sure that you and your friends pick up this great show and watch it when it comes back on this Sunday January 10th on NBC! Also check out the website chuckmeout.com and there is a new iPhone app too under Chuck Me Out.

[quote name='8bitlover']This is a package thing and the disc are not different on the inside compared to amazon, target, walmart etc. [/QUOTE]

This is not true--the ones I got from Amazon did not mention the 3D episode via a sticker on the package and did not include the glasses or the episode. The 4th disc IS different in the Best Buy one with the "glasses included" sticker. The set comes with glasses, and the 4th disc even looks different--has a logo stating that it is the limited edition version, including the 3D episode. The 3D episode was not on the 4th bonus disc I got from Amazon--it is not listed on the menu of that disc, nor is it written on the disc like it was with the Best Buy set.

This seems to be handled very poorly by WHV (even worse than the typical retailer-excluisve edition thing which I find incredibly annoying)--why not just include the 3D episode with all copies for at least the first 6 months?! I have a feeling they will need to do some disc replacement program in the near future to appease a lot of angry fans who pre-orded at the overpriced $45 instead of waiting for the inevitable price drops--only to not get the added feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, so just got back from BB. They had no copies of Chuck S2 on BD. I looked everywhere, they didn't even have shelf placements for it. They had 4 copies on DVD and they had the 3D episode and glasses, says "limited time only" (same as the Final Destination 4 say (BD comes w/ DVD and Digital, 2 glasses for $20-not bad)) So, I don't know if the shipment didn't get there or what.

At either rate, I'll think I'll still wait until the price drops. I can live w/o one episode to the cost of $45, but then again, I won't have the most complete thing, urghh..

[quote name='KyleN']This is not true--the ones I got from Amazon did not mention the 3D episode via a sticker on the package and did not include the glasses or the episode. The 4th disc IS different in the Best Buy one with the "glasses included" sticker. The set comes with glasses, and the 4th disc even looks different--has a logo stating that it is the limited edition version, including the 3D episode. The 3D episode was not on the 4th bonus disc I got from Amazon--it is not listed on the menu of that disc, nor is it written on the disc like it was with the Best Buy set.[/QUOTE]

That seems really odd because we only did one version of the disc for the US. Check the last page of the extras on the 4th disc. The only thing that I can think is that BB may have offered a deal to get an exclusive on it at the last min. That would really be a shame because the episode is an OK episode but the 3-D was really good.

[quote name='8bitlover']That seems really odd because we only did one version of the disc for the US. Check the last page of the extras on the 4th disc. The only thing that I can think is that BB may have offered a deal to get an exclusive on it at the last min. That would really be a shame because the episode is an OK episode but the 3-D was really good.[/QUOTE]

I checked that disc several times before calling Amazon/going to BestBuy--the wbshop web site even mentions the 3D episode for preorders. And the press release for the set mentions the first pressing would have the episode--and one should be able to assume if they are preordering they are getting the first pressing.

is this 3d episode on the non 3d bluray... as in a 2d version of it, i couls care less about 3d, i bought it at target, i just wanna know im not missing an episode before i open it.

So, is the 3D episode not included on the "non-3D" version of the season 2 set, or is it just included in 2D? It looks like you're all saying that it's included in 3D on the last disc, though no mention of it being in 2D as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, is the 3D episode not included on the "non-3D" version of the season 2 set, or is it just included in 2D? It looks like you're all saying that it's included in 3D on the last disc, though no mention of it being in 2D as well.[/QUOTE]

The 2D version is in the normal order of episodes--the 3D episode shows up in the bonus features on the 4th disc (if you have the correct version)

[quote name='KyleN']This is not true--the ones I got from Amazon did not mention the 3D episode via a sticker on the package and did not include the glasses or the episode. The 4th disc IS different in the Best Buy one with the "glasses included" sticker. The set comes with glasses, and the 4th disc even looks different--has a logo stating that it is the limited edition version, including the 3D episode. The 3D episode was not on the 4th bonus disc I got from Amazon--it is not listed on the menu of that disc, nor is it written on the disc like it was with the Best Buy set.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. Pre-ordered from Amazon and received a standard edition with no 3D episode in 3D, so had to rush out an buy a genuine 3D version from Best Buy, which has clearly different disc printing with a Nerd Herd style logo "Includes Bonus 3D Episode."

There's an easy way to tell which version you have. On the back of the cover for the 3D version it includes the logos for the company responsible - ColorCode 3D, and mentions them in the copyright information.

If you look at the press release sleeve artwork you can see it very easily in the lower left corner. The regular version does not have that information.

The cover images at Amazon shows the same ColorCode 3D logos, but the version they send out does not.

And yes, Warner really made a mess of publicizing this.

This is confusing: on the BB site, there's two different SKUs for the BR (only difference seems to be one has a mini comic? But one has a higher MSRP??). I have a $10 RZ coupon, so I guess I just hump it over to BB and pick it up in store if they have copies w/the glasses.

[quote name='KyleN']The 2D version is in the normal order of episodes--the 3D episode shows up in the bonus features on the 4th disc (if you have the correct version)[/QUOTE]Aha. That explains it. Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Aha. That explains it. Thanks for clearing that up.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was thinking that didn't clear up anything..the post concludes with (if you have the correct version) so its like, is EVERY copy coming w/ the 3D episode as bonus, which I thought was now being agreed upon? or just the ones marked w/ having the episode & 3D glasses? argh the confusion!

[quote name='gunm']This is confusing: on the BB site, there's two different SKUs for the BR (only difference seems to be one has a mini comic? But one has a higher MSRP??). I have a $10 RZ coupon, so I guess I just hump it over to BB and pick it up in store if they have copies w/the glasses.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy mini-comic version is the real 3D edition, which just adds to the multiple edition mess.

[quote name='token2k6']Actually, I was thinking that didn't clear up anything..the post concludes with (if you have the correct version) so its like, is EVERY copy coming w/ the 3D episode as bonus, which I thought was now being agreed upon? or just the ones marked w/ having the episode & 3D glasses? argh the confusion![/QUOTE]

All versions include "Chuck vs the Third Dimension" in the running order with the rest of the episodes on the other discs. However it's presented in standard format and not the 3D format.

Only some versions have the "true 3D" format of that episode, which is the limited edition packaged with glasses and stamped with the "ColorCode 3D" logo on the back cover. It may or may not have a sticker on the front too. The true 3D version of "Chuck vs The Third Dimension" is included as a bonus on the extras disc with the gag reel, webisodes etc. in that version the extras disc is marked with "includes bonus 3D episode."

[quote name='8bitlover']OK folks. Trust me I work for WHV and the episode are on all of the disc. The 3-D glassses are not the same as any of the current 3-D on BD. They were a green/yellow type. True the useal plan call for the first pressing only to include the glasses but if the demand and sales are there they will make more with glasses. The ONLY different version is the BB with the comic. This is a package thing and the disc are not different on the inside compared to amazon, target, walmart etc. Just make sure that you and your friends pick up this great show and watch it when it comes back on this Sunday January 10th on NBC! Also check out the website chuckmeout.com and there is a new iPhone app too under Chuck Me Out.[/QUOTE]
No not all disc will have the 3d but every set will have the episode in 2d

[quote name='token2k6']Actually, I was thinking that didn't clear up anything..the post concludes with (if you have the correct version) so its like, is EVERY copy coming w/ the 3D episode as bonus, which I thought was now being agreed upon? or just the ones marked w/ having the episode & 3D glasses? argh the confusion![/QUOTE]It clears it up from my perspective, since I didn't think much of the 3D from the episode. I just wanted to make sure it was included in 2D regardless if it comes in 3D or not.

So the Best Buy Bluray with "exclusive mini comic" also includes the 3d glasses for sure? I'm tempted to order online for in-store pickup but have a feeling BB will figure out a way to pick the wrong set for my order causing chaos when I go to get it. :p

Gotta agree, this is a mess, although it'll probably make me buy this week and not wait, which is exactly what WB wants.. :p

Stopped by my local BB about an hour ago and they had no bluray copies at all in stock. Even on dvd they had a regular version with no 3d and one with the 3d label on the front in stock. Bought the dvd with the 3d label on it.

Surprised to see even the regular bluray without the mini comic/3d glasses were sold out.

My BB had both regular and 3D copies in stock--about a half and half ratio, at least on the shelf (not sure if they had more stashed elsewhere). The 3D version is indeed the one with the mini-comic. I don't normally buy BR TV sets this high, but I like getting the LEs and I had some RZ dollars that brought it down to a respectable $30.

No stores in the LA area (at least within a 50 mile radius of me) have the 3d bluray set in stock according to the BB RSS checker when I went to the Sherman Oaks store (Which had had some in stock earlier but only had 1 non-3d version when I got there around 5:30). Sherman Oaks is not scheduled to get any more in, according to RSS.

For a "barely popular enough to not cancel" show, something seems wrong-- like many BBs didn't even get it in or something.

Guess I'll try a couple of Targets; I don't care about the comic book, just the 3D set.

To 8bitlover-- if you really work for WHV, please tell them that making this sort of confusion doesn't ENCOURAGE people to buy anything..

Just came back from Walmart and they did have the 3-D version only on SD. It did have the sticker on the front. So if you want the 3-D episode make sure it has the. Sticker on the front of the package.

[quote name='Justin42']For a "barely popular enough to not cancel" show, something seems wrong-- like many BBs didn't even get it in or something.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Checked 2 local Targets and 2 local Best Buys, neither had any Blu ray sets in stock, let alone Blu Ray with the glasses. Unless I hear word of it popping up all over the place, I think I may just wait for it to drop in price and turn off the "rare edition, must collect" part of my brain.

[quote name='Justin42']No stores in the LA area (at least within a 50 mile radius of me) have the 3d bluray set in stock according to the BB RSS checker when I went to the Sherman Oaks store (Which had had some in stock earlier but only had 1 non-3d version when I got there around 5:30). Sherman Oaks is not scheduled to get any more in, according to RSS.

For a "barely popular enough to not cancel" show, something seems wrong-- like many BBs didn't even get it in or something.

Guess I'll try a couple of Targets; I don't care about the comic book, just the 3D set.

To 8bitlover-- if you really work for WHV, please tell them that making this sort of confusion doesn't ENCOURAGE people to buy anything..[/QUOTE]

I do but unfortunately the division that I work in is not the one that would deal with customer problems. Here is a link to there customer service page. I urge all that had problems with this whole thing write to them. They will only get the message if you tell them about these problems. Hope it helps.
http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/help/customer_service.jsp

I got mine from amazon yesterday, and no 3-d glasses, but what was interesting though at least for the blu-ray released was the slipcase advertising 6 discs...it only has four....

I got my review copy yesterday and it had the 3D Episode/Glasses. Talking to other reviewers I seem to be the exception. Very odd. Warner seems to be doing first and second pressings at the same time now.

Here is a link to an story on the Chuck 3-D glasses. The short version is that orders came in higher than there were glasses planned for the 1st pressing. So they did press more but without glasses. So they are aware of the problem and are working on it. All the pressings have the 3-D episode but some did not include the glasses. If you did not get the glasses contact WHV customer service and they might know what to do in a few days. Here is the link to the story:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Chuck-missing-3d-glasses/13189

[quote name='8bitlover']Here is a link to an story on the Chuck 3-D glasses. The short version is that orders came in higher than there were glasses planned for the 1st pressing. So they did press more but without glasses. So they are aware of the problem and are working on it. All the pressings have the 3-D episode but some did not include the glasses.[/QUOTE]

That's not correct. All the pressings include the 3D episode in 2D but most of them do not have the 3D episode in 3D format.

Warner did not include glasses OR the episode in 3D format on most releases. So just sending out glasses would be useless. They would have to send replacement discs too.

Makes no sense to hold back distribution of a disc set including the episode in 3D format and go to the expense to produce and send out regular discs and slipcase copies in the interim, just because cardboard glasses were not available.

They should have just included the 3D episode on all copies--makes no sense to produce two completely different discs. People who didn't get glasses could have always used the glasses from the original airing last year (in fact, I just did so last night!) or found replacement glasses elsewhere.

[quote name='arkweld']That's not correct. All the pressings include the 3D episode in 2D but most of them do not have the 3D episode in 3D format.

Warner did not include glasses OR the episode in 3D format on most releases. So just sending out glasses would be useless. They would have to send replacement discs too.

Makes no sense to hold back distribution of a disc set including the episode in 3D format and go to the expense to produce and send out regular discs and slipcase copies in the interim, just because cardboard glasses were not available.[/QUOTE]

Please do not shoot the messenger. I'm am not privy to how they pressed the disc. As I stated before, check the last disc in the set in the special feature section. That is where the 3-D episode should be not in the aired order on the previous discs. I understand everyones frustration of this issue. I just wanted to help pass along the information that they are aware of the problem and are looking in to said problem to be fixed.

[quote name='8bitlover']As I stated before, check the last disc in the set in the special feature section. That is where the 3-D episode should be not in the aired order on the previous discs.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to check the disc. You can check the packaging. The absence of the Colorcode3D logo means the episode isn't there.

On the Blu-ray release it's easy to find the episode in 3D. It's not buried or hidden, it's the first option on the first page of the special features on disc 4.

On the standard Blu-ray it's not there, because as several of us have pointed out, it's a different disc.

did we ever get a resolution on BB not having much stock? did die-hard fans / collector's really swoop them up on release day? or was this problem known about and maybe they pulled or held back shipments, every BB I go to has NOTHING! how frustrating..

does this also mean there will be a 3rd printing starting now?? jeez..

Glad Warner is jumping on this. I had managed to find one store in LA that supposedly had the comic book edition available; did an in-store pickup order, and when I got there it was the plain ol' 2d version [no comic, no 3d stickers], so I left it at the store. The CSR was nice and gave me a $10 gift card for my troubles. (thankfully the SKU mismatch made it obvious the error was on their end and I wasn't just being a nerdy customer... ;) )

So I placed a 3rd order (2 failed in-store pickup orders) for the comic book edition to just ship from the website; we'll see if they really fulfill those or if they all get cancelled (more likely IMHO). And after reading about the exchange program I placed a FOURTH order for the standard Bluray set (to make sure I have one in my hands at the first-week-sale-price even though I know already that store only has 2d copies) and I'll see what Warner does with the exchange program.

Just gotta keep all these orders straight and copies sealed until I know what to do.

[quote name='token2k6']did we ever get a resolution on BB not having much stock? did die-hard fans / collector's really swoop them up on release day? or was this problem known about and maybe they pulled or held back shipments, every BB I go to has NOTHING! how frustrating..

does this also mean there will be a 3rd printing starting now?? jeez..[/QUOTE]

I would have liked to get this and get it in 3d if I had the option. I don't see why they just don't have it in 3d for the first 6 months of broduction or atleast the first 3. I didn't even see the first or second seasons at the best buy I went to.

just placed an order for the edition with the comic. I will see what happens. With me being a silver member shipping was free.

[quote name='sendme']I didn't even see the first or second seasons at the best buy I went to.[/QUOTE]

Same here, both the dvd and BR versions of both seasons were sold out when I went on Tuesday.

bread's done
Back