Chuck S2 Blu-Ray -How to tell is 3D episode included?

KyleN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Does anyone know how to tell if the 3D episode of Chuck is included in the S2 Blu-Ray? I thought all first printing copies were supposed to include this, but I got my preorder from Amazon today and it didn't included the glasses or the episode.

Got an email back from WB already asking me for my address to send me a pre-paid label, saying that I need to mail them the 2d box set of Chuck and they'll replace it with the 3d box. No timeline was given in this email... I'll need to clarify that. Pretty quick turnaround, though.

I did see in the ad that the comic book version was "minimum 2 per store" and they didn't quite specify if that was BR or DVD, so maybe some stores got 2 DVD+comic, some got 2 BR+comic, one of each, etc.

I have noticed that EVERY BB I've been to, if they've had ANY Chuck S2's in stock, they're in the display with the "With bonus comic" SKU and price tag (either DVD or Bluray), which is really misleading. I think BB just botched it and no one figured out the SKUs were different.

Can anyone who has seen the 3d version say if the UPCs are the same between the 2d and non-comic 3d version?

It's so crazy that so many of these have sold. I had to go to 2 Best Buy's and a Target before I found one. I don't care that much about the 3D episode/glasses, but if WB is offering it for free I'm going to take advantage of the offer.

(Shrike if you haven't got your copy yet the new Manchester BB had 4 in stock to start the day on Friday according to the SC store. They were out and I got the last one @ Fenton, it was sitting where 9 was supposed to be.)

[quote name='Justin42']Can anyone who has seen the 3d version say if the UPCs are the same between the 2d and non-comic 3d version?[/QUOTE]

For Best Buy's comic blu-ray, mine had a sticker over the regular UPC on the outer plastic, The sticker has UPC 883929078431

BestBuy SKU on price sticker is 9641171

I wanted to get the Blu Ray version but couldn't find it anywhere. No stores near me had it in stock, let alone with 3D. Found a couple at Target, but no 3D on those. Ended up buying the DVD with Comic. glasses and 3D. Opened it to confirm I got the glasses and they were in there.

Now the question is, if I find a Best Buy (where I made my initial purchase) with the Blu Ray in stock, can I exchange my DVD version for BR version, pay the difference and then go through the WB replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look on bestbuy.com and see that your store has it in stock I suggest you call or place an order for instore pickup. Even with doing that I would still call and make sure they have the correct one. No best buy near me had the 3d version in stock but the one I always go to the 2d one from what bestbuy.com said. I went and like I said in past posts they didn't have it and they didn't even have season one. However this best buy most of the time has everything in an odd place and the people that work there can't even find it. I have had the employees help me find movies there at times and it took them and one other person almost a half hour to find it. In some cases they showed they had them in stock but no one could find them. That is when Circuit City was nice.

EDIT: Just checked my email and see that it is now on backorder from BestBuy.com so chances are I wont end up getting the 3d episode. If that is the case I will just hold out till it gets cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Best Buy today and someone looked it up for the one with the comic. They told me they will get more in tuesday. It has to be the 3d one because it said comic and that was the one she got the sku from. So I suggest checking tuesday again if you didn't get one this past week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's so crazy that so many of these have sold. I had to go to 2 Best Buy's and a Target before I found one. I don't care that much about the 3D episode/glasses, but if WB is offering it for free I'm going to take advantage of the offer.

(Shrike if you haven't got your copy yet the new Manchester BB had 4 in stock to start the day on Friday according to the SC store. They were out and I got the last one @ Fenton, it was sitting where 9 was supposed to be.)[/QUOTE]
I don't chuck is a super popular show, what gets me is both season 1 and season 2 are sold out EVERYWHERE here, i can see S2 selling out since its new and most stores on a show like this gets 10-20 copies in but S1? crazy how that is still selling out around here maybe cause BB is selling it for 19.99 and other stores price match?

Season 1 is probably sold out because it was on sale this week. $19.99 for the blu-ray and $14.99 for the dvd. Luckily my store didn't advertise it at all, so I was able to pick up a copy.

[quote name='token2k6']Chuck is still a bumbling pansy! I want 2-hours of my life back NBC! Fighting upgrade my ass...[/QUOTE]
either that is a joke or you don't like chuck to begin with

its chuck of course he is a bumbling pansy the new intersect didn't give him a bigger set of balls it just gave him the ability to flash and learn new things :roll:

[quote name='styl3s']either that is a joke or you don't like chuck to begin with

its chuck of course he is a bumbling pansy the new intersect didn't give him a bigger set of balls it just gave him the ability to flash and learn new things :roll:[/QUOTE]

eh sort of a joke, really just throwing out a feeler to see what everyone thought. I only really caught the last 45 mins and it was ok. I'll admit I missed all of S2 b/c it just became formulaic even by the end of the first season. But you CAGs with the hype on this S2 BD got me interested again. If I got one, I planned on catching up...

Then I saw the commercial for the new season and it promised that the "upgrade" or new intersect would be cool and as always, hot chicks. I'll check in again tonight, it will probably get a lot better.

Wish I had seen this release week... Not only are the extras gone in my town, but the price is $49... Pretty expensive for a season, IMHO. I'll wait until it goes down or on sale... I love this show. It's the only TV show that I'll watch. Although, last season, with my son being born, I missed most of it. Was hoping to pick this up cheap on release to catch up. Guess not.

Has anyone heard anything back from Warner Bros? I've sent an email twice through the customer service link that is referred to in the tvshowsondvd post about replacement, and I still haven't gotten a response.

Did anyone contact Warner Bros another way?

I ended up getting lucky at my Best Buy... They still had the sale signage from last week up... and the only copy they had left had the 3D glasses and episode sticker on the front :) WIN! $36.99 AND the first pressing!

I went to my local Best Buy tonight to pick up The Hurt Locker and I noticed they restocked Chuck Season 2 Blu-ray. They had five total, three of which included the 3D episode. Unfortunately, none had the comic. I used a 10% off coupon to buy one, making it $1 cheaper than last weeks price.

I got tired of waiting for customer service to reply, and drove out to a different Best Buy today. They had one 3D version left, so I'm good to go now :)

Well I see that online one store near me might have the season 2 set. I got an email back with the information from WB as to how to get the disc and glasses if the BD I get does not have it. However they didn't answere the questions I asked but oh well. Anyone know of a cupon to get the price lower?

Since the replacement program doesn't specify DVD sets purchased at BB, safe to assume the offer includes sets purchased anywhere such as Amazon or Target?

[quote name='JDuro88']Since the replacement program doesn't specify DVD sets purchased at BB, safe to assume the offer includes sets purchased anywhere such as Amazon or Target?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter where you bought it, i got my email and it said

Dear Consumer,

Thank you very much for your continued support of Warner Home Video products. In order to receive your missing 3D glasses and 3D episode from Chuck: The Complete Second Season, please send your original receipt of purchase, along with your address and daytime phone number and customer #______ to the following address:

Chuck: The Complete Second Season Limited Edition

400 Del Norte Boulevard

Oxnard, CA 93030

Your receipt must be dated on or before January 19, 2010 in order to qualify for this program. Please be sure to specify whether you purchased the DVD or Blu-ray edition. Once the receipt has been received, you will then be sent the 3D glasses and replacement disc. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Thank you, and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

email them and they will email you that

[quote name='styl3s']Doesn't matter where you bought it, i got my email and it said

email them and they will email you that

[/QUOTE]
^ That's the email i got as-well. You have to be patient though It took about 7 business days for them to email me so just be patient! you'll get the email!

It's strange how my email from the first day this was announced has me sending my entire set back (at WB's expense-- they're mailing me a label) and an entirely new set coming back to me as a 3d set, and the latest email just mentions getting a new disc and the glasses.

I wonder what they're up to?

[quote name='Justin42']It's strange how my email from the first day this was announced has me sending my entire set back (at WB's expense-- they're mailing me a label) and an entirely new set coming back to me as a 3d set, and the latest email just mentions getting a new disc and the glasses.

I wonder what they're up to?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they realized that the problem was bigger than they thought and the cost efficient way of fixing it is to just mail the disc with the glasses instead of having to give a brand new set.

I was one of the people who ordered Chuck S2 from Amazon, and didn't get the 3D episode. Contacted Amazon and they gave me the-almost $10 discount. Also contacted WHV, and Fedexed my season last Saturday to them in Burbank. Today my new season came in the mail from Sherri Bogard at WHV Business and Legal Affairs. I live like 20 minutes from Burbank, so it came the next day. Looks like they sent it media mail. For those worrying about packaging, they sent it in a bubble mailer and it arrived in great shape.

My new set has the 3D episode, and the glasses. It has the limited edition sticker on the front. So in my case, no harm done, and I got a good deal on the set in the end. Credit to Amazon and WHV for making the situation right.

Oh, my new fourth disc has a logo stamp mentioning the 3D episode is there. But the insert doesn't mention the 3D episode as a bonus feature.

[quote name='mjjckc']My new set has the 3D episode, and the glasses. It has the limited edition sticker on the front. So in my case, no harm done, and I got a good deal on the set in the end. Credit to Amazon and WHV for making the situation right.

Oh, my new fourth disc has a logo stamp mentioning the 3D episode is there. But the insert doesn't mention the 3D episode as a bonus feature.[/QUOTE]

Nice - that makes me glad that I didn't pass up the 3-d set for the comic book set... So if you wait, then you won't get the 3-d episdoe at all? I am still not clear on that...

You don't get the episode in 3D but you do get a 2D version as part of the normal sequence of shows. (you need to remember to jump discs to watch it in 3D if you're going through the series)

Damnit, BB just emailed me a coupon for 10% off so I could have gotten the BR for almost the same price as on release day. But looks like the replacement program is over. :bomb:

Haha, yeah, I know how you feel. I actually ran out to pick up the set yesterday just so I could meet the replacement program deadline, then of course the reward zone coupons come out today.

Hey, got a question for anyone who had to only send in the receipt. How did you do it? Just standard envelope with the receipt and a piece of paper saying the info they asked for?

I sure hope it's not too late to opt-in the 3D trade program. I was off at school for Winter Quarter so I didn't know whether or not I received the 2D version. I preordered my Blu Ray copy on August 18, 2009 from Amazon... I just shot WB an email.

Hope they still have it.

I found the dvd version with the 3d episode as well as an exclusive comic book at my best buy today for $45 and i found online at bestbuy.com that they have 2 versions of teh blu ray for sale a regular one and one with a free exclusive comic book. I am assuming that the exclusive comic book comes with the 3d episode but it does not mention that online. has anyone ordered from bestbuy.com and can confirm? i took a chance and ordered it because i was told i could return it to the store if it isnt what i thought. i noticed that on the back of the boxes it will eitehr say the running time is 900 something minutes of 1000 something minutes so that is a good way to determine if the 3d episode is included and it does not have a sticker. but if anyone can confirm that the exclusive comic listed online comes with the 3d ep i would appreciate it. thanks

Comic book episode is supposed to have the 3d glasses, yes.

That said, me (and a lot of other people) tried tracking down the comic book version and they cancelled lots of backorders (and lots of stores never even got them in). I'm a bit annoyed if they really have some in stock.

if they cancelled orders wouldnt they just pull the set from their website? it says available not coming soon, i stopped looking on ebay because i ordered this but maybe i should still look in case they cancel on me too

just to let anyone know. i did order the chuck season 2 comic book edition on blu ray at bestbuy.com and they sent it about 6 days later and it is the 3d version, so if anyone is looking for it you can order it at bestbuy.com

Wow, cool that you got it, but that's really crappy for those of us who had backorders cancelled claiming they'd never get them in stock.

bread's done
Back