Circuit City - $15 off purchase of $100 or more - thru 11/1

Gandhi

CAGiversary!
Okay, considering the latest pre order glitch thread that got deleted, mods can remove this thread if they feel necessary. But please read what I have to say first!

This deal is very similar to the Amazon Gold Box trick people use to get discounts on order. Follow these steps in order, and it *should* work. Folks already registered an email on Circuit City set up to receive email offers can skip the first three steps.

1) Go to CircuitCity.com and select any item that is not currently available except pre-orders (I chose the PSP-3000 Ratchet & Clank bundle that comes out tomorrow, but any pre-order will do).

2) Click on the link that says "Notify me when available"

3) Enter your email in the pop up window AND (this is key), select "Sign me up for email offers" check box.

4) Now, add an item in to your shopping cart.

5) I went all the way through the check out process where you have to enter credit card info, but obviously did not check out or purchase anything.

6) Without removing the items from your cart, leave the web site and continue on with your regularly scheduled daily activities.

7) At the end of the day, you *should* receive an email that you signed up with that has a link to $15 off purchase of $100 or more.

8) You don't have to spend it on games. See restrictions in the image I have included.

You can order online and do in-store pickup. Which is why I have yet to fully verify this. Wanna buy the new PSP and do in-store pick up, which I won't be able to do until tomorrow morning. Will update this post then to see if it works.

Restrictions say it does not work on games. But I am gonna try it anyways to see if it works. You can still get $15 off *something*, so not total loss. Worth a try.

2940842940_1200531912_o.jpg

Okay then, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Perhaps mods can move it to "Other Deals" section

Circuit City B&M is also handing out $15 off $100 or more coupons. I found two different exp. dates >> 10/21/08 thru 11/24/08 for one, and 11/7/08 thru 11/24/08 from another one. Both have restrictions against game hardware, but the game software reference states "online purchases only". Not sure if that means no good for online orders on games or vice versa. Won't hurt to try once the promo starts, I guess. Cheers!

[quote name='doodofdoods']I have one dated 9/1-11/25, and it didn't work online for games.[/QUOTE]

If you get a chance to test it in-stores, that would be awesome (if it works for games). Thanks for the report.

This will work if the Rock band instruments or the special edition is available. I plan on getting the wireless drumset for rock band 2 and then add some other item like a blue ray or dvd to have it over $100 so i can apply the coupon. rock band instruments and video game accessories are not considered game hardware (consoles) or software.

bread's done
Back