Circuit City $16.96 March clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I know there's a thread discussing this but I thought it would be easier to just start a separate one with the complete list. Here's a link to the other thread. Thanks go to lvgamer1 for giving everyone the initial heads-up.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129997

:360:
FIFA World Cup 2006
Final Fantasy XI
Full Auto
NBA Live 2006
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

:ps2:
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Commandos: Strike Force
Drakengard 2
FIFA Soccer 2006
FIFA World Cup 2006
Grandia III
Hitman: Blood Money
Kim Possible: What's the Switch?
MLB Slugfest 2006
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Reservoir Dogs
Spartan: Total Warrior
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Tales of Legendia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Xenosaga III

:xbox:
Sonic Riders

:ds:
Cartoon Network Racing
Contact
Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties
Justice League Heroes
Legend of Spyro
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Trozei

:psp:
Gretzky NHL 2006
Infected
King Kong
Miami Vice

Yeah, I noticed a couple bins in there today when I went to pick up GRAW 2 for $50. I decided to snag Full Auto, as $17 for it isn't *too* terrible.

$16.96 for Phoenix Wright is awesome. Now if I could only buy copies and travel back in time to the point where copies were non-existant and people were willing to pay $70 for it. :p

Will be picking up Xenosaga III, Pokemon Trozei and Rocket Slime. Thanks. :)

i was there today picking up contact for ds and they had tons of copies of phoenix wright but they were marked 29.99 still

if i would have known then that they would have rubg up 16.96, i would have picked that game up!

but instead, i went to best buy and used th rest of my gift card to get mario kart ds and while i was there, i saw fire emblem 2 for gba for only 9.99, so i went ahead and picked that up to lol

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I think there are some games missing here; I had previously gone through the thread and made a huge list for my site. I was missing a few you had though.[/QUOTE]

It look like neocisco just listed the March additions. Some of the other $16.96 games have been on clearance for a few months now.

Contact?!?!? grrr... wish I had know that before I bought it used on ebay a few days ago...

can anyoen tell me if any of the other DS titles, aside from Rocketslime and PW, are worth the 16.96?

Thanks OP

Isn't Mechassault DS on the list as well? I'm still on the fence with that one.

Drakengard 2 is sorta tempting but after getting the first one for $6.xx at CC a while back, it's kinda hard to spend more on the second one.

Well it looks like buying Contact is now on my list of things to do tomorrow.

Where is Disgaea 2 in all of this? Please don't forget to clearence Disgaea 2!! The fate of the world rest's in your hands Circuit City!!

[quote name='Josef']It look like neocisco just listed the March additions. Some of the other $16.96 games have been on clearance for a few months now.[/quote]Oh, sorry didn't know that. I figured that they were unreported since they were strewn about the other thread.

If Compusa still has any copies of NBA 2K6 it is only $9.98 at compusa. I even found college hoops for $4.98. The one thing at compusa is they have a clearance isle, but they don't have the prices on the games. But a quick heads up when I went I took like 14 of the games and went up to the media dept. and asked for a price check and they looked them up on there system but the prices did not come up as they should. To get a true price check you have to take them to the cash Reg. For example he quoted me College hoops 2K6 for $39.98 and it rang up at the cash reg for $4.98.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Man I would love to get Contact and Phoenix Wright, anyone know if those Circuit City outlet stores have games in stock?[/quote]

Mine only had PC games.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Mine only had PC games.[/quote]

Thank you if anything I will just drive the extra ways and check out the regular store then....

[quote name='davidkibler33']If Compusa still has any copies of NBA 2K6 it is only $9.98 at compusa. I even found college hoops for $4.98. The one thing at compusa is they have a clearance isle, but they don't have the prices on the games. But a quick heads up when I went I took like 14 of the games and went up to the media dept. and asked for a price check and they looked them up on there system but the prices did not come up as they should. To get a true price check you have to take them to the cash Reg. For example he quoted me College hoops 2K6 for $39.98 and it rang up at the cash reg for $4.98.[/quote]

hmm college hoops for $5? is this very ymmv?
if not, should i just bring it up and pretend to buy it and if its like 40 i shoudlnt?

The two that catch my eye are Contact DS and Full Auto 360. Anyone have any opinions on whether or not they're worth picking up?

[quote name='lorne']Isn't Mechassault DS on the list as well? I'm still on the fence with that one. [/quote]Yes it is. I saw it and sat on that very same fence.

[quote name='JJSP']The two that catch my eye are Contact DS and Full Auto 360. Anyone have any opinions on whether or not they're worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

i've been interested in full auto since it came out. i missed out on the best buy super clearance, and just ordered it from some guy on amazon used for $17. its a fun game and worth the $17 if you ask me.

Got Tales of Legendia last week. Now looking at the final list, I was interested in getting Spartan: Total War. I dunno if its worth 17 bucks, plus I dont remember seeing it anywhere when I was browsing through the Ps2 section of my local CC.

Dont really feel like going all the way over there if its not even going to be in stock.

[quote name='Soul DragooN']Got Tales of Legendia last week. Now looking at the final list, I was interested in getting Spartan: Total War. I dunno if its worth 17 bucks, plus I dont remember seeing it anywhere when I was browsing through the Ps2 section of my local CC.

Dont really feel like going all the way over there if its not even going to be in stock.[/quote]

Do you know your store's location # or zip code? If so, I can check for you.

[quote name='nikelecious91']hmm college hoops for $5? is this very ymmv?
if not, should i just bring it up and pretend to buy it and if its like 40 i shoudlnt?[/quote]
The store you go to has to not be closing for that price to still count - if its not closing, then you should be good to go.

Nice, $16.96 Xbox 360 games. I'm going to look for Onimusha 4 as well.

Edit: I'm a little unfamaliar with Final Fantasy XI, you don't have to pay to play it online right?

[quote name='yukine']Nice, $16.96 Xbox 360 games. I'm going to look for Onimusha 4 as well.

Edit: I'm a little unfamaliar with Final Fantasy XI, you don't have to pay to play it online right?[/quote]

I believe it still is pay-to-play.

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime is a blast. Fun, light-hearted, a bit easy, but loads of fun. Dual thumbs up for anyone who liked Paper Mario:TTYD or something similar.

Just got back with the last contact and rocket slime. Was tempted by FMA:DS but passed on it, and no luck on Phoenix Wright.

Longview texas store had a good 5-6 of almost every game.

I picked up the second to last copy of Xenosaga III at my local CC just now. I also saw Tales of Legendia but decided not to get it. Both of the games weren't in the Bargain Bin, and ToL even had its 49.99 price label still on.

Well just got back from my local CC and was able to score a copy of DQ Rocket slime :).. If anyone lives in the Brookfield, WI area they still had some pretty good stuff there...

Damn! I guess I'm too cheap, I can't justify $17 bucks in my head for Full Auto. At $9.99 Full Auto, The Outfit, Condemned, COD2, and Tomb Raider is an instant buy... NO Questions asked... Maybe I set my standards too "LOW" so to speak..

Picked up Contact. ALMOST grabbed Xeno III, but I decided to satisfy my mech needs with a mint used copy of ZOE2 instead.

Probably could have found that one online somewhere cheaper than $30, but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back