Circuit City 3.96 Bongos

Not willing to make the drive just to find out if this is going on locally, but I'll tag this and found out if it's not YMMV.

[quote name='screwkick']You might want to add YMMV to the title. Great deal if it's everywhere though, Thanks.[/QUOTE]

CC is the one store that is never YMMV

[quote name='dinovelvet']CC is the one store that is never YMMV[/quote]
Seconded. They may hardly ever change the price-tags, but I've never seen anything actually ring up YMMV.

(speaking of which, my local CC has a copy of We

I don't remember seeing any bongos at the local CC so I can't check this. All they had were the bongo+game bundles.

Circuit City has the Bongos+Game for $13.96 definately YMMV because I found them at a store about 50 miles from my house and the one in my city was still marked up even having them price check.

Also I found that TRU has the Bongos for 10 bucks and bundled w/ game for 20.

[quote name='dinovelvet']CC is the one store that is never YMMV[/QUOTE]

A store can clearance items on it's own the price simply has to be manually altered. For instance we have a stack of guides at my store that we are trying to get rid of for a buck each, but they still ring up at $8 or so. We just manuaully price adjust it each time.

Also the biggest concern for YMMV would be the CC actually having these in stock. I haven't seen any in the store I work at for probably close to a year now.

[quote name='spinksjinx']Circuit City has the Bongos+Game for $13.96 definately YMMV because I found them at a store about 50 miles from my house and the one in my city was still marked up even having them price check.

Also I found that TRU has the Bongos for 10 bucks and bundled w/ game for 20.[/quote]

DK 1 & 2 with Bongo's still ring up at $49.99 at my CC.

DK Bongo's alone ring up at $29.99.

DK 2 (alone) is at $19.99 down from $39.99.

Hmmm, I wonder what they ring up as at daminion's CC.

On a lighter note, thanks OP, I will have to check this out this week at my local CC.

Hmmm, I wonder what they ring up as at daminion's CC.

On a lighter note, thanks OP, I will have to check this out this week at my local CC.

[quote name='daminion']DK 1 & 2 with Bongo's still ring up at $49.99 at my CC.

DK 2 (alone) is at $19.99 down from $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Shut up!

[quote name='daminion']DK 1 & 2 with Bongo's still ring up at $49.99 at my CC.

DK 2 (alone) is at $19.99 down from $39.99.[/quote]

YMMV is definately going to matter on those deals...As I have saw those deals around my area and then in the town over nothing....

I hate TRU because of their extreme YMMV.

Best deal for these so far has been Gamerush. $11-12 for DK1 and Dk2 bundles. $14.00 for the DK Jungle Beat bundle. I bought an extra Jungle Beat bundle for the extra bongos, then sold the sealed game on Ebay and got like $15 so the bongos were free.

I kind of regret buying these for retail at Best Buy when they came out, but I was afraid they might sell out and end up hard to find. Plus, we got a year of enjoyment out of these at parties, so that was probably worth the extra $30 each I paid for them.

Just bumping this to see if anyone besides daminion has been able to check pricing. I've been interested in getting these games, so I figure if I can get the bongos cheap, I'll just get the games used.

I would *love* to get two more sets of Bongos... might have to check this out.

On a side note, if anyone has an empty box (not the game case, but the big ol' box) for DK:JB that they don't want, I'd pay $5 for it. ;)

I keep seeing that there have been replies to this thread, but when I click on it, the last message is always the one from daminion about the double posting. Forums are definitely messed up.

The Circuit City just north of Atlanta (Pleasant Hill rd.) had the Donkey Konga 2 w/ Bongos and Jungle Beat w/Bongos for $19.99 each, though they were marked $49.99 and $54.99.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Old Circuit City in Greenville, SC had no individual bongos. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was marked at $54.99 and rang up $19.99. Donkey Konga 2 was priced $39.99 and rang up $19.99. I bought Donkey Konga 2. Been wanting to play a Konga game since they came out.

Picked up Jungle Beat + Bongos for 19.99. It was marked 54.99 and initially showed up out of stock, but the cashier went ahead with the transaction anyway and it came up 19.99. There were quite a few left over, none of the Kongas though (Bay Shore, Long Island).

Again, I'm willing to pay $5 to anyone who wants to ship me their empty Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat box (the big cardboard one) in good condition.

bread's done
Back