Circuit City $5 off Wii Accessories; Buy 2 Games, Get $10 GC

FierceDeityLink1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Whilst camping out, the store manager gave us a flyer with the following deals:

• $5 off any Wii accessory over $19.99 (including Wii remote, nunchuck, classic controller)
  • Buy any 2 Wii games and get a $10 gift card

In other words, $50 for a full Wii controller which is quite nice.

Pics:
http://fdl1.textamerica.com/?r=5567467 (front)
http://fdl1.textamerica.com/?r=5567470 (back)

*Goes back to freezing his ass off waiting for Wii*

Hey don't forget about the $40 off $200 coupon that's in this forum. That, with this promotion is really nice. Best launch evar! :D

Hopefully my CC will have enough tomorrow.

walmart had enough controllers today for their 20 systems but not enough nunchucks.. couldnt get a damn second set of controllers.. hope bestbuy has extra stuff tomorrow morning

Yeah, this was already posted by Speedy1961 in the uber ad sticky, but it's a fantastic deal nonetheless--assuming CC stocks enough accessories to meet demand.

edit: Looks like they are holding back on some critical first party accessories and games online in anticipation of launch: no Zelda, no nunchuck or remote @ the circuit city dot com web site yet.

Also, no Madden and some other titles yet. Will try to see if any of these show up online within the next several hours.

edit 2: most of the games are now available for purchase, but they are still missing some significant titles and I don't think the 2 for $10 GC promo is working yet.

yea i just bought 2 classic controllers about 6 hrs ago online at CC.com and my local CC went to OOS on those classic controllers. i'm not too thrilled about them not getting enough accessories the way the classic controllers went OOS after i bought them. Yea, it doesn't look too promising

[quote name='H-Town Info']yea i just bought 2 classic controllers about 6 hrs ago online at CC.com and my local CC went to OOS on those classic controllers. i'm not too thrilled about them not getting enough accessories the way the classic controllers went OOS after i bought them. Yea, it doesn't look too promising[/quote]

Do you think they will adjust the price for this deal if you buy the controllers online for in store pickup? The online price doesn't give you the $5 off.

from CC.com

Price protection

As a benefit of selecting our In-Store Pickup option you will automatically receive the lower of our website price on your day of purchase or the in-store price (at your selected store) on the day of pickup. The difference will automatically be refunded based on your original payment method. You also receive our 30-day Price Guarantee after receiving your purchase.

so let's see:
2 Wiimotes - $69.98
2 Nunchucks - $28.98
Zelda + Trauma Center - $99.98 w/ $10 gift card
few dollar filler for $40 off $200

sweet!

The classic controller is available online for $14.99, but shipping kills it. No other accessories to take it over $24 for free shipping yet.

man i love it how everyone just kinda casually walks into circuit city...and as SOON as they get to the section with the Wiimotes....EVERYONE GOES FRIKIN PSYCHO! kids yelling and SCREAAAMINNN "MOMMY MOMMY PUNCH THAT WHITE GUY AND GET ME A WII MOTE AND NUNCHUCKA!!!!!!" oh man...classic...and i just casually reached in and grabbed what i needed :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']man i love it how everyone just kinda casually walks into circuit city...and as SOON as they get to the section with the Wiimotes....EVERYONE GOES FRIKIN PSYCHO! kids yelling and SCREAAAMINNN "MOMMY MOMMY PUNCH THAT WHITE GUY AND GET ME A WII MOTE AND NUNCHUCKA!!!!!!" oh man...classic...and i just casually reached in and grabbed what i needed :whistle2:D[/quote]

My CC had everything behind the counter. If you didn't have a Wii from them, you weren't getting any accesories from them either. And now, all the stores show out of stock anyways. :cry:

Same here, no stock at CC. I will wait until they stock up. How long does the $5 off for accessories last? I know the $5 off coupons they have for Zelda and ExciteTruck last until 12/1.

kspiff

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']My CC had everything behind the counter. If you didn't have a Wii from them, you weren't getting any accesories from them either. And now, all the stores show out of stock anyways. :cry:[/quote]

Did I just talk to you there? The one across from Costco in the Santan retail center? I went there to try and score all my accessories and games, use the $5 off coupons and the $40 off coupon but no luck. I managed to go to the CC in Chandler and get a Wiimote and points card for $5 off each though.

My circuit city was cleaned the fuck out, no games, accessories, or anything (except like two controller gloves). Luckily Best Buy had a wiimote, but no nunchuks, and I used a GGC (which the cashier gave back and I'll happily use again).

My store was out of most of the stuff, but I did grab the last two point cards for $15 each... always glad to get downloadable stuff for cheaper... now I just need my Wii to actually ship from Amazon :/

My store only had 4 points cards left...but I only took one because Im an emulation fiend and probably won't get anything other than a few N64 games.

[quote name='Billservo']Did I just talk to you there? The one across from Costco in the Santan retail center? I went there to try and score all my accessories and games, use the $5 off coupons and the $40 off coupon but no luck. I managed to go to the CC in Chandler and get a Wiimote and points card for $5 off each though.[/quote]
Probably. I talked to a lot of people it seems like in between driving back and forth between that CC and Costco. I came back to CC to get accesories as well during this sale and got denied, obviously along with you. ;)

I was thinking about hitting other stores but I didn't want to bother with the same crap at other locations.

Same here, no stock at CC. I will wait until they stock up. How long does the $5 off for accessories last? I know the $5 off coupons they have for Zelda and ExciteTruck last until 12/1.
It should last till the end of the week, it's in the weekly add. So the 5$ off is for EVERY accessory or 19.99 or just one if you buy 2+.

[quote name='natendo']It should last till the end of the week, it's in the weekly add. So the 5$ off is for EVERY accessory or 19.99 or just one if you buy 2+.[/QUOTE]

Any accessory 20 or more is 5 bucks off...so for example if you bought a wiimote, nunchuk, and points card, you would pay 35+15+15.

Thanks Arkay! Im going to hold off for Tax Free weekend nad pray that they have a few Wii's in. They probably won't, but I can hope.....right?

bread's done
Back