CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
Video Games:

Syphon Filter Omega Strain (PS2) $49.99
comes with $10 gift card

Van Helsing (Xbox & PS2) $49.99
comes with $15 gift card

Transformers (PS2) 49.99 (in stores thursday, may 13th)
comes with free Mad Catz controller (14.99 value)

RalliSport2 (xbox) $49.99
comes with $10 gift card

Euro 2004 (xbox & PS2) 39.99
comes with $10 gift card

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder (xbox) $14.99

Halo (xbox) $24.99

Crimson Skies - High Road to Revenge (xbox) $24.99

Video game clearance - save 20% to 30% on selct video game clearance titles. (titles may vary by store)

XIII (xbox and ps2) $9.99

Rogue Ops (xbox and ps2) $9.99

Sphinx (ps2) $9.99

GTA 3 (ps2) $16.99

Enter the Matrix (ps2) $16.99

Max Payne 2 (ps2) $29.99

Free DvD remote with purchase of any PS2 console.

Rise of Nations (pc) $19.99

Rise of Nations - Thrones and Patriots (pc) $19.99

Shrek 2 (pc) $19.99

City of Heroes (pc) $39.99

DVDS:

Scary Movie 3 $15.99

Scary Movie, Scary Movie 2, and Scary Movie 3
2 for $25 or 3 for $35

Friends Series Finale with Pilot Episode and 2 versions of the Final Episode $7.99

X Files Season 7 $79.99

The Godfather 5 Disc Set $49.99

Jetsons First Season $34.99

Jonny Quest First Season $49.99

Waltons First Season $34.99

Survivor Complete First Season $34.99

Independence Day with free ticket to see Day After Tomorrow $12.99

$9.99 DvDs: Gladiator, Reign of Fire, Paid in Full, The Recruit, Jeepers Creepers 2, & Braveheart

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

Man, you have be beat I think I only have 7 games unopened at the moment right now.[/quote]

I think he was kidding actually.

Damn no love for the cube XIII, maybe I'll pick it up for XBOX. :(

[quote name='BigBen'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='BigBen']
Nope, that's exactly how it works. I did it this week for F-Zero GX. Bought it for 34.99 before the sale, brought it in on Sunday, asked for a 110% PM, they credited me back $22.[/quote]

do you just have to bring back the receipt? that's how I understand it, but I'd hate to get the game tonight and play it all w/e, only to find out I can't get my money back b/c I opened it.[/quote]

You should only need the receipt. Personally, I don't open the game, just in case I have a problem.[/quote]

Same here, the last time I did this was when Beyond Good & Evil was on sale for $10. I brought both the game and the reciept but the clerk said that all he needed was the reciept and he gave me the 10% difference.

nice...
heck, I might even pick up XIII right now, and price match when the prices start taking effect!

thanks for the heads up! :)

[quote name='TheGreatWang']
That 20-30% clearance might be hot. Depends on the store I guess

If it's the same next week, I got Zone of the Enders 2 for 10.47 yesterday.[/quote]

Been looking for that. Don't have copies at m CC's.

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

Man, you have be beat I think I only have 7 games unopened at the moment right now.[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

And I'm not joking.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

And I'm not joking.[/quote]

I'm somewhere in that neighborhood. If you want to count games I've never beaten, it probably doubles.

Yep, probably the same here...

I'll do something in the offtopic forum and post all the games I have sitting. That might make an interesting discussion.

If only there was a Circuit City near me, I would be picking up XII and some clearance items. The nearest store to me is over 100 miles away.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yep, probably the same here...

I'll do something in the offtopic forum and post all the games I have sitting. That might make an interesting discussion.[/quote]

Well, it's one thing when someone has loads of $50 games unopened on their shelf. That's just nutty. But, when you try to hunt games down for cheap like any honest-to-goodness CAG, you know you have to buy it when you see it - or you'll never see it again. So, I wouldn't doubt that a lot of us have so many unopened/unplayed games. Personally, I lost track of what I've opened/played once I started keeping my games in CD folders.

And, woo-hoo... My tax return got here just in time. Was looking to pick up an AIW Radeon 9600, but may have to pass on it if CC has lots of goodies on clearance next week.

-Hoshi

By the way, I know the BB ads haven't come out yet. But who thinks that CC will Own BB again next week like they did this week with the Metroid/F-Zero deals.

They have asome pretty good stuff here. I'd like to see BB top it :)

I still have a ton of unplayed PS1 RPG's . Heck I even have a Dreamcast(Bought it new for 50 bucks at Bestbuy a while back) with 5 or 6 games and I havn't played it yet either.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']By the way, I know the BB ads haven't come out yet. But who thinks that CC will Own BB again next week like they did this week with the Metroid/F-Zero deals.

They have asome pretty good stuff here. I'd like to see BB top it :)[/quote]

Meh fuck cc mine refuses to price match or take other stores coupons and nothing is ever in stock.

Its also in an awful location, its tiny, and noone ever leaves there with something in their hand. That place is bound to go out of business its on life support from the mother ship is my bet.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

I have 44 unopened current-generation games, about 10 more for PS1, 30 for PC/Mac (that I'll never play), and well over 100 opened but unplayed games over all consoles...

I've got 60+ unplayed games. Why don't you guys open your games? I always open my stuff right when i get it, and thumb through the manual. For all you know, you could open up one of your games and find a scratched up CDR and some folded pieces of notebook paper in place of a manual! It's been reported on these boards like 4 times this year!

Well the reason I do it is pure value. I fyou decide to trade or sell it it will always be worth more. I got a sealed nes game from a contest win wiyth a bunch of games, and traded it (flinsontes game sealed and no not the high dollar one) jekl and hyde and one other cheapy game to someone for castlevania:harmony of dissonance and dynasty warriors 2. and sealed zelda games can go for 3-400 dollars on ebay.

Damn!!!!! I was'nt going to buy anymore games for atleast a few weeks, but can't pass up XIII.
So I will pick it up tomorrow and just price match it sunday, so I would accually get it for $9 + tax. :D

[quote name='JCNY23']does EB price match?[/quote]

Up to $10 I think it is. But it is probably a YMMV thing just depends on the store and the drones working in it.

[quote name='illennium'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

I have 44 unopened current-generation games, about 10 more for PS1, 30 for PC/Mac (that I'll never play), and well over 100 opened but unplayed games over all consoles...[/quote]

That's pretty sad....You obviously love to spend money.

Why spend all that money if you aren't even going to open them? Maybe 3-4 games on the "backburner" is okay, but 74 games?

Even if you were rich, or had a decent enough job to where you could afford the games, what's the point? I buy games to play them, not to watch them pile up and then brag about how big my stack is on a message board.

[quote name='maxflight']yeah, XIII XBOX is finally affordable! too bad the GC one isn't on sale :([/quote]

I think I saw XIII for the gamecube on sale for $9.99 at gamecrazy. I'm in central cali.

[quote name='n00bie']

Why spend all that money if you aren't even going to open them? Maybe 3-4 games on the "backburner" is okay, but 74 games?

Even if you were rich, or had a decent enough job to where you could afford the games, what's the point? I buy games to play them, not to watch them pile up and then brag about how big my stack is on a message board.[/quote]

The only thing sad about having a lot of games that you haven't played yet....is that their is not enough time in the day to get to 'em as fast as you'd like. People dont just buy games for bragging rights...and not play them. I have a crap load of games that I haven't gotten to yet...and why? Because I either got a really good deal on the game(s) and couldn't pass it up...or the game(s) is/are becoming rare, and regardless of me having the time to play it now or not, I wanted it before it became impossible to find (or too expensive) in the future for when I do have time to play it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yep, probably the same here...

I'll do something in the offtopic forum and post all the games I have sitting. That might make an interesting discussion.[/quote]

Definitely do that Ackbar, I would like to see the list of stuff people bought but haven't opened yet. Might be able to work out some trades with people too.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']
The only thing sad about having a lot of games that you haven't played yet....is that their is not enough time in the day to get to 'em as fast as you'd like. People dont just buy games for bragging rights...and not play them. I have a crap load of games that I haven't gotten to yet...and why? Because I either got a really good deal on the game(s) and couldn't pass it up...or the game(s) is/are becoming rare, and regardless of me having the time to play it now or not, I wanted it before it became impossible to find (or too expensive) in the future for when I do have time to play it.[/quote]

the problem is whether or not you'll ever have enough time to play them all! I recently bought an XBox, now I have upwards of 30 games, mostly from the $3-$10 EB and $10 Best Buy sales. I bought Ninja Gaiden as well, and since I haven't beaten that yet, I've played one or two of the other games, but only for a few minutes.

between work and the rest of my life, I don't feel there's that much time for videogames. but I know I'll have something to do when I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of winter :D

[quote name='trustcompany1013']yeah...i always open my games as soon as i get 'em home or in the car...you never know what u could get....and sometimes their are offers inside that expire[/quote]

I always open mine right away too, thats one of the best parts for me. Unless its a game I think I might return, then I will leave it unopened.

[quote name='n00bie'][quote name='illennium'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

I have 44 unopened current-generation games, about 10 more for PS1, 30 for PC/Mac (that I'll never play), and well over 100 opened but unplayed games over all consoles...[/quote]

Even if you were rich, or had a decent enough job to where you could afford the games, what's the point? I buy games to play them, not to watch them pile up and then brag about how big my stack is on a message board.[/quote]

I bought most of the games when I had time to play them, but now I work 80 hours a week, so I'll never get to play them. I wasn't bragging--just commiserating with the Admiral. And yes, I do make good money (I'd better, given my hours). Those 74 games cost less than two days' salary. So don't sweat it.

[quote name='illennium'][quote name='n00bie'][quote name='illennium'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='seebelow']Well, I've already got about 12 games in my never-been-played-yet stack anyway. Might as well make it XIII... :)[/quote]

I have 50 or so.

I bought most of the games when I had time to play them, but now I work 80 hours a week, so I'll never get to play them. I wasn't bragging--just commiserating with the Admiral. And yes, I do make good money (I'd better, given my hours). Those 74 games cost less than two days' salary. So don't sweat it.[/quote]

Well I'm glad you're so comfortable with it. Why not celebrate by buying a few games on your lunch break?

I also have a ton of games I haven't played. I tend to buy a lot of used games so, with at least half my games, even though I haven't played them, they are open. I have about 70 PS2 games, 10 Gamecube games and about 50 PSX games. I've only beaten a few of those so far.

As for why I have all those games that I'll more than likely never get to play for long, let alone beat, it's because of the cheap-ass thing. If I see a good price for something, I'll pick it up. It's better to have it and not play it but at least have it should I want to play it later on than decide later on that I want to play it and not have it (and possibly not find it for a cheap price).

Also, I'm not always in the mood for a certain game. I switch around between games a lot. This way, I have a game for whatever mood I'm in.

My brother - now he's a different story. He picks up games for the cheap-ass reason but also because he's a collector. At one point, he had more PS2 games than I did and he doesn't even have a PS2. Yet between school and work, he never has time to play them.

Neither of us buy the games to brag about them (that would be pretty stupid).

[quote name='donssword']Please let this be a return to the good old days (only a few months back) of the Circuit City Clearance thread...[/quote]
*bows head in memorium*

I forgot when I purchased XIII from CC. Need to go home after work and check to make sure it is still within 30 days so I could get a price match.

I'm going to be spending a lot of money in May. I got F-Zero and Metroid Prime last week. Now XIII and Ghost Recon. Plus there are some good DVDs coming out May 18th and 25th. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I'm going to be spending a lot of money in May. I got F-Zero and Metroid Prime last week. Now XIII and Ghost Recon. Plus there are some good DVDs coming out May 18th and 25th. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

yeah the 18th....dvds....ill be watching smallville season 2 while my gf watches sex and the city season 6 in the other room....nice

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='donssword']Please let this be a return to the good old days (only a few months back) of the Circuit City Clearance thread...[/quote]
*bows head in memorium*[/quote]

*does the same*

[quote name='"waxHead"'][quote name='trustcompany1013']
between work and the rest of my life, I don't feel there's that much time for videogames. but I know I'll have something to do when I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of winter :D[/quote]

Yup, I remembered getting snowed in 2 years ago during a blizzard and Guilty Gear X2 was the only thing that kepted all of us sane for 3 days before we could dig ourselves out. I have a lot of games I haven't gotten to yet that's because I saw them for cheap here on CAG. Sometime you can't pass up a good bargain, for instance XIII for $9.99. I don't think you will be ever able to find it cheaper new. It's probably going to be a $19.99 title while they keep producing it. I got Beyond Good and Evil for $9.99 and even though I haven't played it yet I'm glad I picked it up because it's now back to $19.99 and Best Buy doesn't keep in stock anymore (no ggc).

[quote name='MadFlava']
I have a lot of games I haven't gotten to yet that's because I saw them for cheap here on CAG. Sometime you can't pass up a good bargain, for instance XIII for $9.99. I don't think you will be ever able to find it cheaper new. It's probably going to be a $19.99 title while they keep producing it. I got Beyond Good and Evil for $9.99 and even though I haven't played it yet I'm glad I picked it up because it's now back to $19.99 and Best Buy doesn't keep in stock anymore (no ggc).[/quote]

that can be said for most of the games I've got now. I picked them up so I wouldn't have to spend more in the future, though I only buy games I'm pretty sure I'll like. I don't want to end up w/ a bunch of stuff I don't want to play.

I was able to find BG & E at BB when it originally dropped to $20, so I picked it up for $15. the game is terrific, great story, lots of fun to play. unfortunately I haven't made it all the way through yet, as I'm in the middle of Ninja Gaiden, but I'll get there eventually. if you want a fun game w/ a great story, give it a shot ;)

Cool I missed out on the Fry's City Of Heroes deal so maybe I'll pick it up. I dunno about the 15 bucks a month though, especialy since i'm playing FFXI right now :cry:

Now my cheapass can finally own god father, Scarface and God father will both be in my collection...now to find more mob movies...good ones

bread's done
Back