Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']i might have to take my games back and see if they ring up if they are 13.50 i will keep them 16.96 they will go back[/QUOTE]

Uh, they'll ring up now @ the discounted price and then, when the sales over, will be back at 16.96. Duh?

[quote name='Donnums'] It only consisted of PC game markdowns(not clearance prices that end in .96¢ )[/QUOTE]

Any good markdowns on any fairly recent PC games?

Well I ended up picking up Genji for 15.97 since there has been copies sitting there forever. Hopefully the game is worth it.

[quote name='chodax']Check the CC on Stephanie and Warm Springs. They had a couple copies of Kingdom Hearts but I didn't pick em up.[/quote]

I couldnt find one, thanks for the heads up though. Doesn't look like there is much of anything left at this one, someone was clearing out the majority of the penny guides tonight too.

Confirmed discount for me tonight as well. Picked up another ES for a gift and it rang up 13 since I heard about that 20 percent. The manager gave me a price match for the two I bought so I made out with ES for 7.00ish. I was so happy... nothing like cheap games.

The extra 20% off is good from 8/14-8/16, apparently. If you go to the weekly ad section on their website, there's an "in-store only specials and coupons" link that takes you to a pdf; the extra 20% off clearance games is mentioned in the top-right corner. So even if your store doesn't have these flyers or otherwise doesn't know about it, you could try referring the employees to that to get your discount.

Hope that helps everyone, gonna be getting some money back myself on like six games I bought a week ago! :applause:

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']The extra 20% off is good from 8/14-8/16, apparently. If you go to the weekly ad section on their website, there's an "in-store only specials and coupons" link that takes you to a pdf; the extra 20% off clearance games is mentioned in the top-right corner. So even if your store doesn't have these flyers or otherwise doesn't know about it, you could try referring the employees to that to get your discount.

Hope that helps everyone, gonna be getting some money back myself on like six games I bought a week ago! :applause:[/quote]

Sweet, just saw the instore flyer on the website. Looks like the halo 3 controllers are on sale again for $38

Just a question. I picked up MUA PS3 for $16.96 last week. I'm in CA so I didn't pay any taxes (2-day no tax sale in CA). If I get a price adjustment, will I somehow be charged tax? Will I even be able to get an adjustment?

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']The extra 20% off is good from 8/14-8/16, apparently. If you go to the weekly ad section on their website, there's an "in-store only specials and coupons" link that takes you to a pdf; the extra 20% off clearance games is mentioned in the top-right corner. So even if your store doesn't have these flyers or otherwise doesn't know about it, you could try referring the employees to that to get your discount.

Hope that helps everyone, gonna be getting some money back myself on like six games I bought a week ago! :applause:[/quote]

DAMN:hot::hot::hot:

Looks like I can finally grab some Wii, PSP, and maybe 360 games.

Hope that helps everyone, gonna be getting some money back myself on like six games I bought a week ago! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for posting! Cheaper games made even cheaper!:D

[quote name='emg28']Just a question. I picked up MUA PS3 for $16.96 last week. I'm in CA so I didn't pay any taxes (2-day no tax sale in CA). If I get a price adjustment, will I somehow be charged tax? Will I even be able to get an adjustment?[/quote]

When they PM, dont they basically return and rebuy? If they do that, then you'll probably get charged tax since the offer is over. Either way you'll still get 10%+ back right?

[quote name='phaon']I couldnt find one, thanks for the heads up though. Doesn't look like there is much of anything left at this one, someone was clearing out the majority of the penny guides tonight too.[/quote]

Hah that was me. I picked up-

Yoshis Island x3
Super Paper Mario x1
Viva Pinata x2
Pokemon Ranger x1
Pokemon Battle Revolution x2
Rainbow Six Vegas x3
Madden 08 x3

I am keeping Pokemon Ranger and Super Paper Mario but if you wanted to meet up somewhere I will gladly give you any of the doubles I have.

[quote name='bgame2']I scored Eternal Sonata for $13.08 after clearance price and gamers savings (10%). Not sure I agree with the math, the girl used a calculator to arrive at that price, but I wasn't about to argue over it. lol[/quote]

10% off would only be $15.27 (seeing that the original price is $16.96)
Any other rebate? If not, you actually payed less :)

[quote name='forumreader']Any good markdowns on any fairly recent PC games?[/quote]

I forgot to check for recent ones on there. The only ones I remember were Tabula Rasa(don't remember if it was Collector's Ed or not) for $19.99 and FFXI VC something 08(Van'aDiel Collection?) for $19.99. I can get a list on Sat for it when I go back to work.

And Stuntman: Ignition and Virtua Fighter 5 both rang up for their normal prices - 19.99 and 39.99 respectively.

Also as a heads up, I think there is going to be a PC games clearance going on soon. We got a bin for it; didn't get to read all it but I saw somethign on itike "3 girls games for $15" and a bunch of others. It also had a list that I'll try to check out on Sat as well.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']10% off would only be $15.27 (seeing that the original price is $16.96)
Any other rebate? If not, you actually payed less :)[/quote]

U forgot to add an extra 20% off

Well, last week all the new clearance stuff was unmarked and on the shelf still. 5+ copies if ES, amongst others. I stopped in yesterday to pick up a few for people on here and they were all gone. Looks like we have another lurker/hoarder in the neighborhood. :(

I'm thinking of getting credit back but the gas to get to and from CC probably isn't worth it to me.

But on that note, does anyone know if they will price adjust (or return/rebuy, as the case may be) on something purchased on CC.com? One of the clearance games I bought recently was through the website. If I can do it with that one, it might just be worth it to go back out there.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Garbage, don't waste $1.[/quote]

thanks for the response. i'll use my 17 bucks on something else.

I scored on a Circuit city mistake last night.

While at work yesterday I saw the Elite 360 @ dell for $349 so I jumped and bit on the deal. Not having any 360 games I decided to swing by CC to see if I could get Eternal Sonta and Armored Core 4 since they were on clearance. I found both ( no additional 20% was offered on them, just $16.96) and I saw Fire Emblem and Destroy all humans for the Wii so I grabbed them. When going to the check out counter I notiec a copy of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GC in one of the clearance bins but it was still marked at $49.99 ( all the games were still marked regular price), so I picked it up and went to the register to check out. I had the cashier price check all the games since they were not marked with clearance prices, all were on clearance except for the Gamecube Zelda game whihc was still $49. I told the person I didnt want the Zelda and decided not to go with Fire Emblem since I was going to be playing Eternal sonta. I paid for my items and left..

Well once I got in my car, I start pulling out the games to check them out and the cashier had put BOTH Fire Emblem and the Zelda Twlight Princess game in the bag.. Well least to say I did not return them and now have 2 free games...

Score one for me.

Damn hoarders hit up my CC too. On monday, there were at least 5 copies of FE and eternal sonata, along with a bunch of GBA games on clearance. Went back yesterday to take advantage of the 20% off sale with eternal sonata and FE, and they were all gone, but I saw some hidden throughout the store - FFXII revenant wings was in with the psp games, DQM was behind some other games, etc. Assholes.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Well least to say I did not return them and now have 2 free games...

Score one for me.[/quote]

You have 2 stolen games. Call it what it is, if you're going to be a thief, at least have the balls to admit it.

[quote name='contej85']You have 2 stolen games. Call it what it is, if you're going to be a thief, at least have the balls to admit it.[/quote]

Thief with 2 free games that will probably be up for sale soon.

Hmm.... 20% clearance huh? I bought FEAR and The Club in San Diego last week..... My local store uses the new fancy-dancy POS, while the store I bought these from uses the old one. Guess I might call up the store and see if they can do a price adjustment over the phone. Pain in the ass, but hey, that's like $7.

EDIT: Called the store and they refunded the difference to my credit card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='battleroyal33']Thief with 2 free games that will probably be up for sale soon.[/quote]

Wow.....do you like theif...or bandit...bandito...haha, I am joking.

I was buying something(I can't remember what, but it wasn't a game) and it was $20 or like $26. So I gave them $30(Note crazy woman behind the counter is really, I am talkin really really high) and gives me $20 change.

Just a fun story to share.

[quote name='mikek1975']Harvey Birdman: Funny but not much of a game. It's pretty much point and click. If you're a Harvey Birdman fan, it's worth the $17 or however much it goes for nowadays.

Geometry Wars: The Wiimote/nunchuk setup was frustrating for me. I prefer the DS version. At least the Wii/DS wireless thing allowed me to unlock a galaxy in each system.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll go back today and pickup the DQS and the GW. It looked fun, but I wasn't sure. I knew the 360 crowd were all over it, but I thought that was because it was the best of the launch titles.

[quote name='chodax']Well I ended up picking up Genji for 15.97 since there has been copies sitting there forever. Hopefully the game is worth it.[/quote]

I rented, I also believe there was a demo. It had a very terrible camera, but ti was okay, once you got over the camera that didn't work right.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, last week all the new clearance stuff was unmarked and on the shelf still. 5+ copies if ES, amongst others. I stopped in yesterday to pick up a few for people on here and they were all gone. Looks like we have another lurker/hoarder in the neighborhood. :([/quote]

For what it's worth, when I picked up ES over the weekend, there were only two copies left (bought one), so they were LONG gone by yesterday. They were already in the bin, though.

The thing I noticed yesterday when I was there (outside of the utter lack of COD4 :bomb:), was that *most* of the clearance list still had at least ONE copy there, aside from ES and Fire Emblem (which I bought the second to last and last over the weekend, respectively). I found that odd, especially for Wii games, since those usually outright disappear.

so im assuming the 20% off sale is still going on today? if it is this sucks cause i have to price adjust like 15 games i've bought within this month. To price adjust do they require me to bring the games in too or just take the receipt?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yes, and is it for 360? That'd be fantastic after the discount. I'd hit it for sure.[/quote]

Price checked Virtua Fighter 5 for both systems. It's a no-go.

[quote name='devildr1ver']so im assuming the 20% off sale is still going on today? if it is this sucks cause i have to price adjust like 15 games i've bought within this month. To price adjust do they require me to bring the games in too or just take the receipt?[/QUOTE]

my cc only req'd me to have the receipts...

I just got back from the St. Peters, MO store, got back 20% on the clearance games I bought the other day. All I needed was my receipt.

If anyone is in the area is interested, there was still a copy of Dragon Quest Swords on the shelf. All of the Eternal Sonatas were gone though.

Does the extra 20% off ring up automatically? Will it work in conjunction with the Gamers Club 10% discount? My CC has the old Dos based registers and sometimes multiple discounts present a problem.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I grabbed Crush (psp) from a previos clearance 13.57
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for mentioning Crush. I was driving right past a CC at lunch and that comment was what prompted me to stop in and check things out. They had one copy.

I meant to pick up Crush sometime, but had forgotten all about it. I'm excited to try it out after all the good things people have said.

[quote name='Napegator']Does anyone know if Final Fantasy IV is on clearance?[/quote]

it just came out on july 23rd, it can't be on clearance this soon.

I managed to price adjust 13 games i had bought in the last month and got back $35, not bad considering i spent over $100 on games.

[quote name='devildr1ver']it just came out on july 23rd, it can't be on clearance this soon.

I managed to price adjust 13 games i had bought in the last month and got back $35, not bad considering i spent over $100 on games.[/quote]

Do you have to bring all your game? or just receipt? and which cc is this?

Well, Narnia Prince Caspian just came out & it's on clearance already so you can never be sure...;) Yes I know it's probably horrible but I'm just making a point :razz:

[quote name='shiningslade']Well, Narnia Prince Caspian just came out & it's on clearance already so you can never be sure...;) Yes I know it's probably horrible but I'm just making a point :razz:[/QUOTE]

ds verison wasnt bad ... wasnt great either though lol....

I would run 10 red lights if i knew i could get FF 4 Ds for 13.50 LOL

you can get it off Ebay sealed for 30 if MSFT cash back really works

29.25 shipped off BUY.com via ebay with cashback

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Went to the Circuit City at the Atlantic Terminal. Saw 2 copies of Final Fantasy VI, I could've have bought if I had the cash. Good luck fellow NYCCAG.[/QUOTE]

Is FFVI on sale??

bread's done
Back