Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target Ads for 7/11 - 7/17

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
CIRCUIT CITY
Video Games
  • And for the moment that you've all been waiting for.....
    "$4.99 clearance on select game titles. Titles vary by store. In-store only."
    (I mean really, did you expect anything different???)
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ free $10 GC
    Spider-Man 2
$39.99
  • Logitech Cordless Action Controller
$29.99
  • Rainbow Six 3
$24.99
  • Music Generator 3 w/ free movie cash (to what? i dunno)
$19.99
  • Need for Speed HP 2
    Crash Nitro Kart
$14.99
  • Goblin Commander
XBOX
$149.99
  • System w/ free Starter Kit
$49.99
    Logitech Cordless Precision Controller
$39.99
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
    Riddick
$24.99
  • Halo
    Project Gotham Racing 2
    Crimson Skies
GC
$49.99
GBA
$27.99
  • Sonic Advance 3
    Mario Golf
PC
$24.99
  • Spider-Man 2
$19.99
  • The Sims Deluxe Edition
$14.99
  • Backyard Baseball 05
DVD
$??.??
  • Never Die Alone
$19.99
  • Bourne Identity w/ free movie ticket for Bourne Supremacy
    Against the Ropes
    Mystic River
    Butterfly Effect
    Barbershop 2
    Secret Window
    Badder Santa
    Cold Mountain
$17.99
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
$12.99
  • Justice League
$8.99
  • Reservoir Dogs
    What Dreams May Com
    Which Way is Up?
    Player's Club
    Far & Away
    The Best of Will Ferrell on SNL
    Life
    National Security
    Exit Wounds
    Bone Collector
BEST BUY
Video Games
  • Get $5 off any Video Game Accessory priced $19.99 and up when you buy the NCAA Football 05 strategy guide from PRIMA ($14.99).
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ 2 free 20oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
    Showdown LoW
    Spider-Man 2
    Splinter Cell PT
$39.99
  • Network Adapter
$29.99
  • USB Headset
    Wireless Controller
    Max Drive
$19.99
  • Carrying Case
$14.99
  • PS2/PSX Multiplayer Adapter
XBOX
$149.99
  • System w/ free Mech Assault game
$99.99
  • Wireless Adapter
$69.99
  • 12-Month Live Starter Kit, includes headset & full version of Crimson Skies
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ 2 free 20oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
$39.99
  • 3-Month Live Starter Kit, includes headset & demo versions of Mech Assault & Moto GP
    Wireless Controller
    Riddick
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Driv3r
PC
  • FREE Sims game by mail with purchase of any Sims game. Free game must be of equal or lesser value. $3 S&H Fee.
$34.99
  • Joint Operations TR
    Sims Mega Deluxe
$14.99
  • Sims Superstar
DVD
$??.??
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
$44.99
  • Hercules S4, 22 episodes
$19.99
  • Never Die Alone
    Against the Ropes
    Barbarian Invasions
    Dreamers
$17.99
  • Bourne Identity w/ free movie ticket for Bourne Supremacy
$16.99
  • Dragon Ball GT The Lost Episodes Reaction
$14.99
  • Justice League
$9.99
  • Manchurian Candidate
3 for $20
  • Agent Cody Banks
    National Security
    The One
    Juice
    Traffic
    Beautiful Mind
    Keeping the Faith
    40 Days & 40 Nights
    Swingers
    Donnie Brasco
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Live & Die in LA
    Saint
    Mission Impossible
    Mission Impossible 2
    Days of Thunder
    Firm
    Payback
    Bone Collector
    DragonSlayer
    BikerBoyz
    Ladies Man
    Valley Girl
    Sure Thing
    Meaning of Life
TARGET
PS2
$49.99
  • NCAA Football 05 w/ $3 off 12 or 24 pk Coke product coupon
XBOX
$49.99
GC
$49.99
GBA
$15
  • Classic Donkey Kong
    Classic
    Excitebike
    Pokemon Video
    Pokemon Video (different one)
DVD
$??.??
  • Bourne Identity
$19.99
  • Never Die Alone
    Against the Ropes
$15.99
  • Agent Cody Banks 2
2 for $15
  • Ever After
    Uptown Girls
    Out of Time
    Reservoir Dogs
    Knight's Tale
    Van Wilder

The depression sets in... why do I have a feeling all the pulled $5 games are going to return as copies of FIFA 2001 and NCAA Gamebreaker 2001.

i think some are....i know personally that the one near me gets a couple games a day (at least, they may get more that the employees get first dibs on b4 they open)....i went there every day for 4 days in a row and they continued having games that i know they didnt have before

another one told me they'll be restocking 3 times a week until the end of july

You gotta love the amount of space they waste on items that are not especially new and at SRP. Especially Target which always puts the phrase 'low price' next to everything, SRP or otherwise. This is the dullness bought with co-op ad funds.

i will prob pick up riddick and full spectrum warrior for 35 a piece a BB this weekend, that a pretty good deal if you ask me!

If CC doesn't have any 4.99 titles left, that would be fault advertisement? Man Target NCAA promotion is weak sauce 3 dollars off 12 or 24 pack of coca cola...... I wish they would give a 10 dollars gift card like CC.

Yep.. but I doubt any CC will not have atleast a couple 4.99 titles. Like the sports ones.. they seem to have an endless amount of those.

Hmm.. I have my doubts but I still think I'll check the store here Sunday.

Gee, I wonder where I am going to buy NCAA 2005, a place giving me a $10 gift card, or a place giving me some free soda?

Question--My Circuit City has accepted my GGC coupons in the past, but that was for price only. Anyone have any luck getting them to accept the coupon and give you a gift card as well?

FSW for $35 is awful tempting too, but if it's on sale this fast, I can wait another month or two for it to be $29.99.

[quote name='Benaorn']If CC doesn't have any 4.99 titles left, that would be fault advertisement? Man Target NCAA promotion is weak sauce 3 dollars off 12 or 24 pack of coca cola...... I wish they would give a 10 dollars gift card like CC.[/quote]

tru... so they'll prob have games that nobody wants, like those sports games being left behind.

I knew that's what CC would advertise when it came to $5 games. They did that a few monthso ago with that "Up to 50%off" sale when none of the games were discounted.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i will prob pick up riddick and full spectrum warrior for 35 a piece a BB this weekend, that a pretty good deal if you ask me![/quote]

Speaking on Riddick, VIn Diesel blew it yesterday in an interview when he revealed they are working on a PS2 port of the game. I guess they want that magic sales volume on the title that only Sony can deliver. Should be interesting to see the sales numbers.

All over 3 for 20 on dvds. I wish NCAA was a little on sale (the target deal on it is uber lame). I will still end up getting it.

[quote name='Rubberlegs']Reservoir Dogs for $9. I'm all over that. It's a great thing you do trustcompany. Thanx[/quote]

It is a great movie, but $9 is not that great a price. It can often be found cheaper at B&M stores in 2 for or 3 for offers, and DDD has it for $7.97 shipped (they don't charge tax, and it is in stock).

[quote name='ChrisXE']well their went my price matching fantasys[/quote]

Yours and mine both. Oh well.

I haven't done much research yet... is $35 for a PS2 net adapter a pretty good deal? My house should be getting broadband soon so I'm very interested in buying one of those.

[quote name='eldad9']
Get $5 off any Video Game Accessory priced $19.99 and up when you buy the NCAA Football 05 strategy guide from PRIMA ($14.99)

/me laughts at BB.[/quote]

They will get somebody...

"$4.99 clearance on select game titles. Titles vary by store. In-store only."
Were there any pictures by this???

An employee at my store said that there would be a restock. However, im doubting it will be for anything worthwhile. 70 percent of the games on the list were extremely low stock or discontinued.
At least at the circuit near me. Probably wont be worth it to check out the "advertised sale".

Nothing Im intrested in, except the CC games. Ill be in Chicago this weekend, so Im sure that all of the stores near me are sold out of them allready.

[quote name='Benaorn']If CC doesn't have any 4.99 titles left, that would be fault advertisement? [/quote]no because there will always be them sports titles & copies of haven

=P

[quote name='donssword']
Speaking on Riddick, VIn Diesel blew it yesterday in an interview when he revealed they are working on a PS2 port of the game. I guess they want that magic sales volume on the title that only Sony can deliver. Should be interesting to see the sales numbers.[/quote]

A little OT:

But how is the PS2 going to do Normal Mapping? Can it handle Normal Mapping? I was under the impression it couldn't. If it can then there is no reason for Doom III not to be on the PS2.

I know there will be only crap come 4.99 sale time...at least in my area.
I overheard employees discussing how they snagged all the 5 dollar games last time and gave em to friends and ebayed the rest and how they were going to get the next shipment. I angrily looked for a manager and lo and behold, he was head of the ebay crew. So annoying...

[quote name='laparka72']I know there will be only crap come 4.99 sale time...at least in my area.
I overheard employees discussing how they snagged all the 5 dollar games last time and gave em to friends and ebayed the rest and how they were going to get the next shipment. I angrily looked for a manager and lo and behold, he was head of the ebay crew. So annoying...[/quote]
Send an E-Mail or letter to the head office that you heard them say this. Nothing may come of it, but it never hurts to try.

The new Circuit City here has the $4.99 bin out already (it opened today) but all that was in it was old sports games. None of the other listed games were even on the shelf, will have to check back Sunday.

So this is a Clearance sale, not a permanent price drop, right? I know it's been asked before but I couldn't find the answer.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']53 views and 1 response...you information whores :twoguns:[/quote]

*ROTFLMAO*

I went to Toy R Us yesterday and they said they would price match too.

How come no one advertised Tales of Symphonia? Is it really that much of a niche game? Or did it get delayed?

its not delayed. sometimes companies don't know what is good plus one of the hottest titles of the year (NCAA FOOTBALL) comes out the same day so they probably didn't want it cluttering the pages. I plan on getting both (already have my tales preordered at my store, and preordered at TRU for College to use coupon)

bread's done
Back