Circuit City Black Friday Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The door busters suck.....thought most stores weren't using those shitty MIR. Hopefully the rest of the ad is better than this.

Not a whole lot, but a few nice deals there. The 250GB external harddrive for $40 and 1GB SD and USB memory sticks for $3/$4 (respectively) are good, but not much for gamers aside from the $50 GBA SP (which is pretty worthless when you can get a DS for double the price). Hmm, 32" HDTV for $500...the Best Buy one that's $440 or $460 is only 29", right? (edit: nevermind, turns out the Best Buy one is $480 and is also 32")

Edit: didn't realize that was "doorbusters" only. Here's a full ad from blackfriday.info: http://www.blackfriday.info/ads/circuitcity-black-friday-ad.html

[quote name='mtxbass1']I am not seeing the ad posted. I only see the 50 door buster sale items.[/quote]

That is all that has been leaked thus far...

[quote name='Edge']Not a whole lot, but a few nice deals there. The 250GB external harddrive for $40 and 1GB SD and USB memory sticks for $3/$4 (respectively) are good, but not much for gamers aside from the $50 GBA SP (which is pretty worthless when you can get a DS for double the price). Hmm, 32" HDTV for $500...the Best Buy one that's $440 or $460 is only 29", right?

Edit: didn't realize that was "doorbusters" only. Here's a full ad from blackfriday.info: http://www.blackfriday.info/ads/circuitcity-black-friday-ad.html[/quote]
That SD card is looking good assuming theres no MIR. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up.
edit: unfortunately they don't have any cheap bulkd DVDR deals. I usually stock up on black friday for the year. Looks like I'll be headed to BB for those.

Sandisk 1GB Cruzer Mini Portable USB Flash Drive $3.99
Sandisk 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo $14.99
Sandisk 1GB Secure Digital Memory Card $2.99
\

too bad they wouldnt have these online there is no way in hell im standing in line for 2 hours just for a memory card that i dont really need

Who cares where we get them from?

Ignore the door busters which are crap. The instore game deals are great:
(highlights)

GTA: Vice City Stories

Civilization IV

-Super Mario Strikers
-Harvest Moon DS
-Full Auto 1
-Quake IV (360)
-Pirates of the Carribean 2 (PSP/DS)
-Perfect Dark Zero LE

-Hot Shots Golf (PSP)
-COD 2: Big Red One
-Star Trek Encounters
-25 to Life

-SOCOM 3
-Space Channel 5 SE
-Half Life 2 (Xbox)
-Call of Duty (Xbox)

staring more and more like i will be sleeping in this year.

rebates suck.

only thing that temps me is the printer for 20 at best buy BUT its a 2 day sale so i could go saturday.

[quote name='furyk']Who cares where we get them from?

-Harvest Moon DS[/quote]

I'm confused. Where do you see those game offers in that ad? Is there something I'm not clicking on? I've been wanting Harvest Moon, even if it is glitchy.

I wonder if they will be getting in extra games for this deal. Went to my BB last night and they did not have any of the Xbox 360 games that are listed on sale. (Amped, Condemed)

I know that my CC has not had Quake or Full Auto for a month now.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm confused. Where do you see those game offers in that ad? Is there something I'm not clicking on? I've been wanting Harvest Moon, even if it is glitchy.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't see it either... I'd probably go for Vice City Stories for $30.

$50 GBA SP is exactly what I was hoping for. Someone had the same deal last year, but that was for the old, dimmer LCD. I have a DS Lite, but I need one of these for GB/GBC games (yes, I still play those).

[quote name='guyver2077']whoa they have a 7600 gt for 89.99 not bad.

ar?[/quote]

No rebate on that evidently. I'm thinking about picking that up along with a cheap computer. What's the best deal for a computer (with a pci-express slot) this black friday?

Crap I really wish they had a nice deal on a DLP TV, you would think they would want to push those a little more?

[quote name='furyk']4.99
-SOCOM 3[/quote] fuck! Bought it at BB for $14.99 after it went GH, and haven't got the chance to play it yet (that is, still sealed) :bomb:

[quote name='advancedgamer468']No rebate on that evidently. I'm thinking about picking that up along with a cheap computer. What's the best deal for a computer (with a pci-express slot) this black friday?[/QUOTE]
It has $110 in MIR.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Remind me how that's a deal...[/quote]

Because Nintendo says so. $129.99 is what you'll pay and like it.

Another bust. At least they could've come up with a nice bundle. Crap.

Anyone know how much NBA 2K7 is gonna be? I saw it pictured in one of the ad scans, but I didn't see a price.

[quote name='BIG5']$50 GBA SP is exactly what I was hoping for. Someone had the same deal last year, but that was for the old, dimmer LCD. I have a DS Lite, but I need one of these for GB/GBC games (yes, I still play those).[/quote]
Ditto.

Now I have to make sure my local CC has a few pink in stock, otherwise I'll have to replan my shopping. Which I prefer to do at home, online. But I aren't most of these ads instore only?

[quote name='shadylane']ok so can someone compare for me the good lcd tv from bb and the olevia from cc and tell me which one is the best one?[/QUOTE]

Im going to go buy that 32" olevia tomorrow and then PM latter that day.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm confused. Where do you see those game offers in that ad? Is there something I'm not clicking on? I've been wanting Harvest Moon, even if it is glitchy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I don't see it either... I'd probably go for Vice City Stories for $30.[/QUOTE]

Page 18 of the ad has it and the rest of the non-door buster game ads.

Once again, only a deal on the Canon XTi. Dammit stores, I want a cheap Rebel XT!

I will give CC some credit as their ad is actually a "deal" in B&M standards, as that actually is near the lower online prices.

[quote name='David85']Black Friday Sales are so not worth the crowds and the assholes.[/QUOTE]

One could say neither is CAG.

My last Black Friday was boarderline serendipity. I pmed all my DVD wants at Wal Mart, slipped in a side door at CC and got a second Sirius radio, popped over to BB and snagged that neat ITG bundle they had, and was home before 8 am.

I hit BB and Target last year and didnt have any probs myself. There are a few items at CC that have my eye but most of my shopping is needed to be done at BB. Wonder if we can buy the week before then have the receipt adjusted during the door buster hours.

Super Mario Strikers & Harvest Moon DS for under $20 are both tempting for me, but not worth the 30+ minute drive down to CC when I'm already considering waiting all morning for a tv at BB. Shame.

I know I've heard most places won't pricematch Black Friday things generally, but what about matching black friday CC stuff while I'm at a black friday at BB? Probably a no go since I've never seen my BB pricematch anyway, I guess.

[quote name='spamfree2']I'd just try PM at Walmart since they seem to be the only one matching... If it is like last year.....[/QUOTE]

does walmart have this tv?

olevia 32 inch?

Is that Yamaha keyboard PSR295 for $59.99 a doorbuster? I would think so, but the link I accessed doesn't say one way or the other

Thanks,
-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back