Circuit City exchange policy

y2kenjination

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since no one replied back in the other thread, I was hoping to get some help here....

Anyhow, wow, what an AWFUL day I had. Okay, so I ended up buying a Zen Vision W yesterday from Circuit City, and after the cashier looked at the coupon long and hard, he honored it by doing price override because the barcode wouldn’t scan. Cool. All was good and well until I got home. The player wasn’t really what it was cracked up to be—none of the advertised movie formats were supported. Basically you have to reformat most of your video files into a crappy WMV format in order to play them, and there’s a huge drop in quality. I can go into detail about this, but that’s not what my post is really about.

So I went to Circuit City again to exchange the player for something else, since they have that “exchange or return your item even if it’s opened if you’re unsatisfied with it” policy. I decide to exchange it for the Archos 604 player, which just happens to be the same price. It would be a direct exchange…simple enough, right? Wrong. The b*tchy female cashier tells me that I owe $44 dollars. I tell her that I used the coupon the other day, and that they should honor it. She tells me that I can’t reuse the same coupon twice. Then I ask for the manager, and she tells me that he wouldn’t be able to do anything. I tell her that I work in retail, so I know that she has the ability to simply use price override, and in fact, that’s what they did yesterday for my coupon. She tells me it’s not possible and continues to give me an ugly stare. I was holding up the line, and sucked it up by paying the difference.

What makes me angrier is that I have a Circuit City no less than a couple of blocks away from my house. I had to drive to another Circuit City about 7 miles away, two days in a row because my local one didn’t have the players in stock. I’m thinking about going to my local one tomorrow, and ask if I can get the difference back. If not, I'll probably return the player altogether and just get the Cowon A2 player online. It's better than the Zen or Archos anyhow. -_-; What should I do? I really hate stupid employees that don’t know how to keep customers happy. She sure as hell could have honored the coupon again, but instead, chose to be a little pompous b*tch. Sorry for the vulgar language, I’m usually not like this, but I’ve never had such a horrendous shopping experience before.

I don't fault them for the no reuse of the coupon thing. I've been denied that many times over, and honestly, though I understand both sides of the argument, I kinda side with the retailer...even to my detriment.

I just ended up returning the player altogether. I'm going to buy the BETTER player (Cowon A2) from newegg.

Sometimes I wonder how some of these people get hired. I went to my local Circuit City to get price adjustments on two games that I bought a couple of weeks back. They dropped $5 and $10 respectively. The cashier was giving me a hard time, constantly sighing, and saying "we usually don't do this". MY ASS. I asked another Circuit City employee, and was told that I can get price adjustments with no hassle as long as I have the receipt.

I love how employees take stuff like that personally. I also can't see how it's a big deal to "reuse" the coupon. You're not reusing it as the original purchase it was used on is now null and void.

You used the coupon. You no longer have the rights entitled by the coupon. If you return the item, you're going to get back the original price you PAID. You don't get back the higher price. It's no longer an even exchange. It's not hard to understand.

Yeah, the coupon thing I can see. The price match, no. I think if you use a Best Buy Reward Zone cert on something, then return it, you only get back the cash you paid out of pocket.

bread's done
Back