Circuit City fires 3400 employees

[quote name='greendj27']Prices aren't going to go down if the reason they are cutting costs is because they are losing money.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Basic accounting. If you lower the prices you're going to lose more money. And the only reason why CC is having all these clearance sales and $15 off $100 coupons is because their sales are so low to begin with that they can't sell any of the shit unless they do so. They will be going under within a few years because of this.

God damn. I hope all of you find a good job to replace CC.

Freelance..its the fucking truth man. If i was on a project and the producer for some reason didnt want me there, i would have another job before i got home that day.

fuck working and hoping that your low life company throws you a bone, I make my own rules in my career. I decide how much i get paid, I decide when and where i work.

I had my share of working retail jobs, dealing with douchebag customers and bosses that really should have no reason to still be working at a retail job after 10 years, hoping that you get enough hours or begging to get just a couple days off. Nah....thats not for me.

I would suggest taking this chance to go to school(if you are not already in it) and getting yourself in a postion to never have to deal with this type of work. There are ALOT of jobs out there that you could enjoy while making a good amount of money.

I think alot of people have to realize that times have changed. No one does 40 years and out like our for fathers did. Big companies dont "take care" of you for life anymore. And as long as you only "work" for someone else then you will always be subject being laid off or fired or whatever. Its the same as all the people who work for Ford or GM they sit around and are always so surprised when they get their pink slip..thinking "This is Ford they take care of their workers" yeah right.

Good luck.

[quote name='neocisco']Buy all the clearance games you want. There making very little, if any, profit on those. Just don't buy anything anywhere near retail price, especially accessories. Those items have huge profit margins.[/quote]
That's been most of my purchases at CC, those and some PM's from BB's prices. Nothing retail, because, what CAG really pays retail? :D

[quote name='Soodmeg']God damn. I hope all of you find a good job to replace CC.

Freelance..its the fucking truth man. If i was on a project and the producer for some reason didnt want me there, i would have another job before i got home that day.

fuck working and hoping that your low life company throws you a bone, I make my own rules in my career. I decide how much i get paid, I decide when and where i work.

I had my share of working retail jobs, dealing with douchebag customers and bosses that really should have no reason to still be working at a retail job after 10 years, hoping that you get enough hours or begging to get just a couple days off. Nah....thats not for me.

I would suggest taking this chance to go to school(if you are not already in it) and getting yourself in a postion to never have to deal with this type of work. There are ALOT of jobs out there that you could enjoy while making a good amount of money.

I think alot of people have to realize that times have changed. No one does 40 years and out like our for fathers did. Big companies dont "take care" of you for life anymore. And as long as you only "work" for someone else then you will always be subject being laid off or fired or whatever. Its the same as all the people who work for Ford or GM they sit around and are always so surprised when they get their pink slip..thinking "This is Ford they take care of their workers" yeah right.

Good luck.[/quote]

I pretty much agree with that.

In this day and age you at least need to have some passive income coming from somewhere.

I don't know if these things are proof that capitalism is starting to reach its breaking point or not, but something isn't right.

FYI - Just got a job offer from something I was actually looking to do as a career. It's funny how things work sometimes.

[quote name='greendj27']FYI - Just got a job offer from something I was actually looking to do as a career. It's funny how things work sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Glad to hear you bounced back so quickly.

[quote name='zewone']Awesome. Glad to hear you bounced back so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, basically I was screwing off a little in the first place just by working for them, so it's nice to be back on track.

Congrats what job is it?

[quote name='tholly']Genius Bar[/quote]
Ironic part is that they are idiots there most of the time.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Congrats what job is it?

Ironic part is that they are idiots there most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I'm an account manager at a printing company that deals with medical and banking mailings. Things like bank statements, etc.

bread's done
Back