Circuit City Gamer Card Holders READ!

isofan1

CAGiversary!
If you own a CC Gamer Savings Club card you are entitled to a FULL refund!

In "The Circuit City Gamers Membership Program" the terms and conditions state that in section 3. "Membership Fee" "THE MEMBERSHIP FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE UNLESS WE DISCONTINUE THE PROGRAM, IN WHICH CASE YOU MAY RETURN YOU MEMBERSHIP CARD FOR A FULL REFUND."

I hope this helps you guys btw you kind find this info on the pamphlet you used to buy the Gamer Card.

Nice, if this is true, you sir saved me some thoug. Might have to try it tomorrow, cool to since my card expires in one month. Probably will have to fight some and might not get anything, but worth a try.

C'mon guys, adding salt to the wound! Kicking em' while they're down. If this is true and they honor it . DAMN!

[quote name='ricoraney']C'mon guys, adding salt to the wound! Kicking em' while they're down. If this is true and they honor it . DAMN![/quote]

I love CC but that's the fine print. Money is Money

It probably won't work, they aren't even CC anymore once they are taken control of by the liquidators, they now belong to Gordon Brothers, and we all know how they act.

Moral of the story (in the future), NEVER sign up for any store's paid loyalty card in this economy.

[quote name='SaraAB']It probably won't work, they aren't even CC anymore once they are taken control of by the liquidators, they now belong to Gordon Brothers, and we all know how they act.

Moral of the story (in the future), NEVER sign up for any store's paid loyalty card in this economy.[/quote]

I'm getting my money back.. trust me I've kept the receipt and everything.

[quote name='isofan1']I'm getting my money back.. trust me I've kept the receipt and everything.[/QUOTE]

You're in for a harsh reality check when you enter the world of creditor hierarchy :)

YMMV. It says "discontinue the program"
Who's to say they won't offer the program until they shut the doors for good and there's your legal-ese denial of refund.

Just got back from CC and wanted to let you guys know that I got a full refund on the gamer's card. The woman (store director) first told me that they were not owned by Circuit City any more, but rather by the liquidators, but proceeded to refund the full amount after I showed her the fine print in the booklet. So, obviously, this is YMMV.

You'll have to do it before tomorrow as stores start turning over to the liquidators tomorrow. Tonight's going to be the last night to get your money back.

[quote name='ricoraney']C'mon guys, adding salt to the wound! Kicking em' while they're down. If this is true and they honor it . DAMN![/quote]

So what exactly happens when they dont?

[quote name='cranguy']Oi, am I glad that I didn't renew this in October. I got my money's worth out of it, though.[/QUOTE]

Same. I saved ton on new release and clearance games. Best part is my friend gave it to me for free after getting it with a psp.

Hmm. Wow, so the whole company is shutting down.

Here's pretty much my experience wit that company. If i walk in with a backpack on 10 employees will tell me that I need to put it up at customer service after I'm already deep into the store. On the one occasion that I didn't have a backpack on I couldn't find anyone and I was shopping for a digital camera. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a coupon for 10% off, I would have walked out after spending 15 minutes trying to find someone. On a good note though. Looks like I'm off to CC, backpack and all, to try to find some deals. Outage!

[quote name='cranguy']Oi, am I glad that I didn't renew this in October. I got my money's worth out of it, though.[/QUOTE]

I was considering signing up for the card last week. I knew this was a possibility so I didn't bother.

i am in the same boat as the people that got their money's worth and then some, simply b/c of clearance games. i might try to refund it, but i doubt i have my original receipt and i doubt they'll actually refund it. i'll let you guys know, but if it doesn't work for me, it still might work for you, b/c this is totally a ymmv situation.

bread's done
Back