Circuit City Gamer's Card Rant

gokou36

CAGiversary!
I bought the gamer's card over a month and a half ago. Been checking my mail and I never saw the card so about 20 days past the date I bought it I emailed them about it. They tell me they can't do a damn thing about it until 30 days past then they can reissue me a card and send it again.

So 30 days past and I email them again and they said they will ship it out. Its been 17 days SINCE the 30 days and I still have not gotten it. I emailed them again yesterday and today they told me they shipped it out on the 17th(a whole fucking week for them to ship it) and I have to wait 7-10 days for it. I replied back to them and told them to either give me a tracking # that actually works or refund my money in gift card and they replied back to me with nothing on it. Its like they wanted to tell me they can't do anything about it again until ANOTHER 30 days.

I never had any problems with Circuit City B&M but these guys online are a fucking joke. fucking retards can't even tell me what shipment they use because I checked USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL and the tracking # they gave me doesn't work for any of them.

I'm gonna give it a few more days before I go out to their B&M and ask for a refund, anyone have any suggestions?

Mine came in fine, Circuit City has pretty piss poor customer service in general. Although I had a great experience with their online when I bought my HDTV.

That sucks. I lucked out, I suppose. The one manager who works at mine likes me so she just uses her card to give me the discount. She used it on my Smash Bros pre-order then again when I price-matched a 50% off game.

Sorry to hear it.. I don't think they're B&M stores can give refunds on it. You'll probably have to call the corporate office.

wah wah wah, just bring your receipt from when you bought the gamers card and it will give you 10% off of everything.

/thread

[quote name='monkeydeew']wah wah wah, just bring your receipt from when you bought the gamers card and it will give you 10% off of everything.

/thread[/quote]

That would work well, if the OP HAD the damned card. This is why I just use my one friends Edge card, instead of even wasting the $2 to get the card like you said we could in the thread you made. Even though they give you the card at retail if you pay full price for it and I liked Game Informer(at one point), it's worth nowhere near even the $2 to mail out for one of my own, specially since they fucked me out of 2-3 months when I renewed before it was due. I NEVER had that problem with EB and I had their card for YEARS(@$5 a year).

There's really no reason to be a dick to the OP, since they haven't even received the pos yet, though if I were them I'd definitely DEMAND an extra month or two of being able to use the card for the hassle and wait to get it in the first place.

I understand, from all of the posts you make for people to 'not bash GS' that you like places that fuck people over, but MOST OF US DON'T.

[quote name='monkeydeew']wah wah wah, just bring your receipt from when you bought the gamers card and it will give you 10% off of everything.

/thread[/QUOTE]

Umm i'm not crying, go back to your gaystop thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']it's worth nowhere near even the $2 to mail out for one of my own, specially since they fucked me out of 2-3 months when I renewed before it was due.

There's really no reason to be a dick to the OP, since they haven't even received the pos yet, though if I were them I'd definitely DEMAND an extra month or two of being able to use the card for the hassle and wait to get it in the first place.

I understand, from all of the posts you make for people to 'not bash GS' that you like places that fuck people over, but MOST OF US DON'T.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY why I do not want to use the receipt besides not wanting to fold the damn thing everytime. If I just used the receipt I would be out almost 2 months now.

[quote name='gokou36']Umm i'm not crying, go back to your gaystop thread.

EXACTLY why I do not want to use the receipt besides not wanting to fold the damn thing everytime. If I just used the receipt I would be out almost 2 months now.[/quote]

ok ok sorry. but seriously, i didnt get my card for about 2 months after i bought it but i always got my discount when i showed them the receipt.

Wish i had read your post about the GS renew crap be4 i renewed mine this week.

It just plan stupid they don't automatically start after the old subscription end. Now I have to call the CSR about this crap. fuckfuck

Did you called them about this be4? if so, what was their response?
I called today, and got the usual crap about calling back later and hoping you would forget crap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That would work well, if the OP HAD the damned card. This is why I just use my one friends Edge card, instead of even wasting the $2 to get the card like you said we could in the thread you made. Even though they give you the card at retail if you pay full price for it and I liked Game Informer(at one point), it's worth nowhere near even the $2 to mail out for one of my own, specially since they fucked me out of 2-3 months when I renewed before it was due. I NEVER had that problem with EB and I had their card for YEARS(@$5 a year).

I understand, from all of the posts you make for people to 'not bash GS' that you like places that fuck people over, but MOST OF US DON'T.[/quote]

Ummmmm

You guys bickering back and forth DO realize this is about Circuit City's Gamer's Card, NOT the GS Edge... right?

I tried calling them, I tried going back to the store, but neither wanted to do anything about it. I actually noticed it a couple days after and I had my receipt still and they STILL wouldn't do a damn thing about it.

Suffice to say, that was the LAST time I renewed that thing from them directly. For the paltry amount you get off a game and the list of exclusions to the card, it just isn't worth it to me, especially since if I buy 3 things a year from Gamestop now it's a miracle.

I definitely know it's about the Gamer card Clortho, though like I said above about Gamestop, I'd be damned if I bought this card either since the paltry 10% is probably unable to be used on stuff it would actually be GOOD to have it on(systems, peripherals).

[quote name='monkeydeew']ok ok sorry. but seriously, i didnt get my card for about 2 months after i bought it but i always got my discount when i showed them the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Wait, why did it take you 2months as well? Did you call and complain also or did it magically appear after 2months?

Oh and gamestop sucks, people should be boycotting them. I haven't set foot in there for 6 months now. And whenever I hear relatives buying shit from them, I tell them to stop too becuz they sell used shit as new!

My one buddy buys stuff there all the time, I tell him to check the stuff before leaving the store with it so he doesn't end up with messed up stuff that won't work right.

He had a copy of Vice City for PS2 that looked like someone used a power sander on it to clean it and used a screwdriver to get the pieces of dirt off that the sander didn't. So, the other night I had him buy a different copy of the game, I CHECKED IT(it was decent, a few minor scratches), then we took the receipt from the new one and returned the old POS to a diff Gamestop about 5 minutes from the one we bought the other one at.

He got his $6-7 back and now has a nice, semi scratch free and COMPLETE(with map) copy of the game that he can actually play.

There are some GOOD games @ Gamestop, if you nitpick enough and check the disc(s)/completeness before leaving the store. Otherwise though, they're friggin horrible.

I bought mine ages ago and keep forgetting to do the online thing for it, I just use the 10% off coupons bundled every once in a while (thats how rarely I actually buy games from them, lol). Even their "clearance" tends to be a joke...although, I may hit up my local BMs for Odin Sphere

By the way, my Edge expired just as my GF bought one. I keep the # from it in my phone so on the rare occassion when she's not with me when I'm buying games, I can use it, because the code is all they need (and the only thing they can use, since its not databased by phone #, name, etc).

the circuit city game card is great. I mean I got Brawl and Crisis Core with 10% and $10 gift card. In addition with the clearance it is an amazing deal.

bread's done
Back