Circuit City has (pricey) Component Cables for the Wii

It's funny to see people bitch about with cables are better. I had a discussion with a fellow student about cables and he was "pro monster." People should study physics before they proclaim themselves as experts in the world of home theater.

holy crap...why are people jumping on the OP????????? all he did was post another source for Wii component cables, stating they are pricey (but cheaper than ebay and....wait for it....AVAILABLE!!!)

someone asked why he would spend so much and he simply answered because he thought they were good quality and....wait for it....AVAILABLE!!!

god people get a life...seriously it makes you not want to post deals you find....

[quote name='Beer Monkey']Dude, I remember it very well, came out three years after laserdisc and died much quicker. :)[/quote]Can't imagine why... what with them weighing a million pounds and the quality was riiiiiiiiiiiiiight up there. :roll:

Gad, now I'm getting nostalgic thinking back to the old Carver components for what was it, holostic sound imagery? And my first AC3 ld. *sighs*

[quote name='gunm']Hokey smokes, I completely forgot about the GCN games that support progressive![/quote] Yup. And considering most people state-side didn't purchase the component cables for the cube, it's a nice new experience waiting to happen.

BTW, as for the general AVphile dickering in this thread--who cares? Most people won't, but if you think there's a difference and it matters to you, I could care less if you spend 100% more to buy your cables. Spend away...
You have to understand the engineer mentality, gunm. It's how they communicate. I have been in rooms where plain, indisputable numbers would be argued for hours.

Consider with a/v there is always a personal interpretation and you have the potential for a weeks worth of debate.

(by personal interpretation I refer to our senses; I can see the flicker in DLP tvs. Many people can't. ...So for those who are perfectly satisfied with the DLPs they're going to opt for one, save a buncha cash and sing its praises.

Now my ear isn't as sensitive as my eye. I'm as happy with a mid-line audio system, saving me thousands of dollars. But when I discuss this with my friends, I'll wind up hearing lectures and being shown the latest reciever output graphs.)

True there are some folks who just want braggers rights for spending boku bucks on a big name. But I'd wager that those clowns are not the engineers looking to have an intellectual discussion.

In any event, you're right. no bickering. If you want alternative component cables for the wii IN store rather than waiting at the mailbox, go to CC.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It's all snake oil. Some people can't seem to understand that you can get cheaper, good quality cables for their ultra expensive HT stuff. Pretty much everyone on AVS are proponents of Monoprice, since they put out cheap, high quality cables.

Now, are you saying that Nintendo, the only console manufacturer that backs up it's products with a year-long warranty, is producing sub-standard levels of quality in their cables?

Yes, cables matter, but you seem to think that simply because the Psyclones got good reviews in the past, that means that, OBVIOUSLY, they must be far greater than the Nintendo cables. It's quite clear that you haven't examined Nintendo's cables yourself, nor do you know the technical specifications of said cables, yet you are quite adamant about your uninformed opinion that the Psyclone cables are superior to the Nintendo cables.[/quote]

That's precisely what I said. It's not about cost, it's about quality. And, again, when you see a Monoprice Wii cable...you let me know.

Read what I wrote, again.

Because, in the above post, you apparently have not read what I've wrote. Or can't comprehend it. Or just won't because you want to be argumentative and combative.

I know the Psyclone cables are good quality cables, because review of their past products are very good. I've also personally seen them in action on OTHER systems and been happy with the results.

I don't know about Nintendo's cables. As I've specifically said more than once in this thread. I haven't seen them. I haven't seen them in action. I haven't seen any reputable reviews on them.

I choose to pay more to get a known quantity (well, quality, really), rather than less to get an unknown quantity.

[quote name='soonerdoc']holy crap...why are people jumping on the OP????????? all he did was post another source for Wii component cables, stating they are pricey (but cheaper than ebay and....wait for it....AVAILABLE!!!)

someone asked why he would spend so much and he simply answered because he thought they were good quality and....wait for it....AVAILABLE!!!

god people get a life...seriously it makes you not want to post deals you find....[/quote]

Thanks..that's pretty much been my point.

Weren't we going to get back on topic? Guess the rest of the "brood" decided they needed to do more ripping....

[quote name='Black05Hemi']Arguing with someone who thinks more expensive cables are "better" is a waste of time[/quote]

And so is arguing with someone who hasn't read the thread, nor comprehended what was posted......

there are three surefire and proven ways to get better output from your tv:

1- get a diy calibration disc (avia's is a good one and can be had for under $25)
2- buy a cleaning agent for your screen and take off the layer of filth that has collected
3- get your eyesight checked at the eye doctor and make sure our prescription is up to date if you wear glasses/contacts

After that, things get a little more difficult to prove, but how happy a purchase makes you, is largely up to you.

[quote name='vherub']there are three surefire and proven ways to get better output from your tv:

1- get a diy calibration disc (avia's is a good one and can be had for under $25)
2- buy a cleaning agent for your screen and take off the layer of filth that has collected
3- get your eyesight checked at the eye doctor and make sure our prescription is up to date if you wear glasses/contacts

After that, things get a little more difficult to prove, but how happy a purchase makes you, is largely up to you.[/quote]
Good point :D.

The third one is :lol:.

Anyway thx to the OP for the "cheap" compared to eBay Wii high quality component cable.

I'm not a big fan of jewelry cables, but $59 is not that bad IMHO.

I just need a Wii now :bomb:

I got this cable last week and it's pretty badass. I have no idea if it's any better than the Nintendo one, but since the Nintendo one is still going for around $65 on ebay the difference in price is negligible. But I can't bring myself to open the Nintendo one while it's going for twice the purchase price on ebay.

Instead of the big debate, which I rather enjoyed for the first two pages......

....how about anyone w/ a coupon or a discount that can be found to use at Circuit City to reduce the cost of the Psyclones???

I have been waiting as well and passed up on the React cables at BB (due to the fact the the end connectors look like the ones that came off an RCA connector on an 8 track player) (May start another debate!)

AND the fact that my neighbor bought a Wii for Christmas and is letting me use his Nintendo cables until then (he just got on Sat)

ALSO I had the clerk at BB look up the $59.99 cable they have (sku#) and its supposed to be the Psyclone as well...................could at least get $5 off here or more should I score enough BB gift cards!!!! or Reward Zone discounts.........!!

I should be able to compare the 2 when I get the Psyclones......

I do own the Gamecube components but there isnt anything else to compare it too.

bread's done
Back