Circuit City honoring lower price on erroneously priced 32GB Vita memory cards

First off, this isn't a deal that everyone can take advantage of, so it's been moved to Deal Discussions, as it's about a past deal.

Secondly, this is the same situation that happened with OnSale and the TouchPad 32GB when they had it up for sale on Amazon and then mass canceled 99.9% of the orders because they didn't have close to enough stock to fulfill it. OnSale sent out an email to everyone (supposedly everyone) with a previously canceled order on Amazon. You had a unique link that you had to enter in your order # information to start the order process and it eventually completed on OnSale.com's website.

Has anyone who ordered through Amazon via TigerDirect (not Circuit City) gotten the email? I know they're technically the same company, but I'm just wondering if this is limited to only those who ordered via CC.

[quote name='Romeo']I see people mentioning orders from AMZ and CC getting emails. Are Buy customers definitively getting the same emails?

The only other one I just received is a survey email if they my my expectations..... seriously.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']Has anyone who ordered through Amazon via TigerDirect (not Circuit City) gotten the email? I know they're technically the same company, but I'm just wondering if this is limited to only those who ordered via CC.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same. I have NOT received the email yet and I ordered Amazon via TigerDirect.

That's the first I'm hearing that Onsale via amazon sent any e-mails for cancelling those touchpads a while back. I was one of the early ones to order and I know I didn't even get an e-mail. For those that aren't going to get the memory card I'd be interested in taking it off your hands since I could use it myself for my Vita.

[quote name='WormFOODx']No, I don't have the order anymore. It's also funny how Amazon wipes it off the face of the earth. Anyway, the email is from TigerDirect/Circuit City. You click the link and it opts you into the deal, but we are all waiting to be contacted again.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's good to know. Hopefully I get that email as well.

I must say that when I got the email from TD about it really being Wipeout and not the memory card, I tried to cancel the order on Amazon's site. I then got an email saying the order I tried to cancel had already been cancelled. I hope that doesn't ruin it for me.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']Has anyone who ordered through Amazon via TigerDirect (not Circuit City) gotten the email? I know they're technically the same company, but I'm just wondering if this is limited to only those who ordered via CC.[/QUOTE]I ordered through the link to Buy.com, with TigerDirect as the dealer, and paid via Google Checkout. My email came three hours ago but I just saw it about twenty minutes ago. Now, I'm going to have two 32GB memory cards so I'll be set for quite a while. :bouncy:

[quote name='robodaddyo']I ordered through the link to Buy.com, with TigerDirect as the dealer, and paid via Google Checkout. My email came three hours ago but I just saw it about twenty minutes ago. Now, I'm going to have two 32GB memory cards so I'll be set for quite a while. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I did the same but paid through PayPal. I wonder how they're choosing to send the emails out. I just got a vita and a 4GB card. I definitely need the 32GB now so I can return the one I bought.

Edit: found it! Spam folder, arrived around 2pm. All other emails came normally...

[quote name='goMaki']My boyfriend is going through the exact same thing. I did get mine though. I had ordered HSG for Vita and the card shipped out with the game.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was thinking about getting the Vita. I originally planned to wait it out to get a better deal, but I added some Christmas Gift Cards to my account recently. I didn't know my GC credit would automatically start being used by my "subscribe and save" subscription. There is no way to stop it from doing this either. I caught it in time, but knowing that a good deal on the Vita can take months, I prefer my Christmas GC credit not be slowly depleted by diapers lol. It would be pretty hilarious if they shipped the memory cards after I order a Vita though.

*Sorry to the others for getting off topic about the TD/CC deal. I just figured someone else in here had to have gone through the same issue with the 2 cent vita cards.

[quote name='Romeo']I did the same but paid through PayPal. I wonder how they're choosing to send the emails out. I just got a vita and a 4GB card. I definitely need the 32GB now so I can return the one I bought.[/QUOTE]

I did this and got the email about 3 hours ago.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I ordered through the link to Buy.com, with TigerDirect as the dealer, and paid via Google Checkout. My email came three hours ago but I just saw it about twenty minutes ago. Now, I'm going to have two 32GB memory cards so I'll be set for quite a while. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I got the email from tiger direct (I ordered on buy.com) when I clicked the link it just took me to a page on tigerdirect.com says "UPDATE REQUEST RECEIVED!" in green, I wasn't logged into the website or anything

this what you did also?

[quote name='Snake Eater']I got the email from tiger direct (I ordered on buy.com) when I clicked the link it just took me to a page on tigerdirect.com says "UPDATE REQUEST RECEIVED!" in green, I wasn't logged into the website or anything

this what you did also?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Snake Eater']sadly, I would not be surprised if we did[/QUOTE]
Honestly, Tigerdirect would face more work if they actually sent wipeout.

Got the same e-mail from Tiger Direct...

I still don't know how I'm supposed to return my Wipeout package though, they said they were gonna send me a return label in 2 days; that was 6 days ago.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Got the same e-mail from Tiger Direct...

I still don't know how I'm supposed to return my Wipeout package though, they said they were gonna send me a return label in 2 days; that was 6 days ago.[/QUOTE]

I got it last week

[quote name='Nohbdy']

EDIT- Also, I'd like to give a hearty "fuck you" to the asshat who gave a 1-star thread rating.[/QUOTE]

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='Nohbdy']I haven't gotten a call or e-mail yet.[/QUOTE]

Call yourself. I called yesterday after seeing other people were getting their calls and had an order placed. Shipped today via UPS.

1-800-800-8300

[quote name='Nohbdy']I ordered through Amazon though.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter where you ordered as long as you bought it from Tiger Direct/Circuit City (The Reseller)

No contact to me yet. I have a ton of credit at GameStop and bought a 32GB card there to use and will return the new card I get in the mail.

Update: Called them, order was replaced with free shipping. They had all of my info then at the end they requested I do some "credit card verification". No thanks, not going to bother with that nonsense when they have my original order # and ALL of my info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called them as well and since they already refunded my original order they made a new one. I had to pay for shipping but that's ok as I'm actually paying less than I did before. I too had to go through the "credit card verification" which is normal for companies like that (J&R electronics and ABT.com do the same) I'm just glad this had a good outcome.

Also it is interesting to note that they now carry the 32gb Vita card's
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2015331

If you're having issues just reference the email from TigerDirect/Circuit City about them not carrying it. I'm sure they'll honor the price now that its in their system.

I called them to see if I could stir it up and got three separate and very rude individuals. I guess I'll be patient and wait for my phone call.

Called them this afternoon and got them to put the order in for me. Had to forward the "Regarding Your Recent Purchase" email to the guy, he put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back and immediately said it's good to go.

AnVgTqFCEAAXl4Y.png:large

[quote name='steve_dave']What is the "credit card verification" exactly?[/QUOTE]

Some joke if you ask me. If I didn't call them directly I'd say it was some sort of scam.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I called them to see if I could stir it up and got three separate and very rude individuals. I guess I'll be patient and wait for my phone call.[/QUOTE]

First was clueless and put me on hold as he had no idea what I was talking about, second refused to help me and call the first guy back, third was clueless but placed the order after 17 minutes on the phone. Now I have no email confirmation as I refused to play the "credit verfication" game.

Instead of waiting around for a call that might not come, I decided to give them a ring myself. As soon as I got a hold of a customer support rep, he was quick to reinstate my order without any hassle.

Afterward, I was transferred to a "Everyday Value Gold" representative who tried getting me to sign up for some rewards program that seemed too good to be true. I hung up before she had a chance to get my credit card info. Damn solicitors... lol.

[quote name='Romeo']
Update: Called them, order was replaced with free shipping. They had all of my info then at the end they requested I do some "credit card verification". No thanks, not going to bother with that nonsense when they have my original order # and ALL of my info.[/QUOTE]

You sure you weren't just overeacting? I had to verify my credit card, and my account was only charged by TigerDirect in the amount they specified. Even gave me an order number too, although I can't use it (I tend to be a bit dyslexic at times so maybe I mixed it up).

EDIT: Tracking number now works, just took a bit. Everything looks legit and good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called them and they are claiming to not have any in stock, this is the third time I called them. After that I re-called them and got a competent Customer Service Rep, I now have my order set and ready to go, once I get my card, I'll be picking up my Vita.

Finally got sick of waiting so, like others here, I just called them and got it taken care of. The whole process took about 10 minutes. End result is my card will ship today with free shipping.

For any of you who might still be waiting for correspondence, the guy I talked to said that they were waiting on me to contact them to complete the order. Clicking the link within the email placed a card on hold for me, I just had to call to verify payment, so you may want to call them to get your order in.

Talked to another round of people today on the phone. One said I needed to be transferred to a rebate department where the guy tried to get me to sign up for some membership, another outright said wait until we call you, and the third was helpful enough to finally get my order in (with manager approval). Still waiting for my confirmation email, but I did confirm the CC.

Got mine in the mail today shipped in a box. Could have just stick the card in an envelope and saved the money.

[quote name='Romeo']Got mine in the mail today shipped in a box. Could have just stick the card in an envelope and saved the money.[/QUOTE]

You whine about so many things. Cheer up!

[quote name='Japakneez']You whine about so many things. Cheer up![/QUOTE]

Whine?! I laughed...

They gave me free shipping this time around and they paid to ship the item in a box. It does nothing for me but give me a free box when I ship things to friends.

No complains whatsoever, they're the ones who lost money.

I'm probably gonna call tommorow, since I didn't get a call yet.
Do You need to have your credit card ready?, or will they just order using your account info

bread's done
Back