Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

Can't wait to check it out. Although I'm kinda skeptical about it. They'll price-match their website, correct? Because if they do I think I'd rather spend my money at CC than at the EB games bf sale.

Yeah, I went by yesterday and picked up Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2, Wreckless, and Shenmue II for $5, $5, and $10 each. Circuit City's awesome now!

Circuit City absolutely SUCKS @ keeping up with game pricing!!! TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THAT!!!

Check the website, then HIT the store in your local town (if possible)!!!

The website pricing matched my local store's pricing here in SPFD., MO.!

Maybe it will for the rest of you...?!?

Who knows???

Give it a try while you still can!!!

"Can't wait to check it out. Although I'm kinda skeptical about it. They'll price-match their website, correct? Because if they do I think I'd rather spend my money at CC than at the EB games bf sale."

Skeptical? Don't be. It worked for me. It should work for you just as well.

What games (in particular) are you looking to pick up 'LiquidKil'?

btw, I_am "utooned", from the gamefaqs board if that makes a damn bit of difference to any of you here. I post/state the FACTS, as I always have/do.

"Braden" is my 'username' here.

If nothing else...

...don't pull out your credit card, until you are happy with the price.

Later & LOL buddy!!!

Braden, you'd be interested to check my post on "Wreckless for 5 dollars " thread... there's more on this topic in there.

Very cool to see others getting good stuff at CC.

Haha, utooned from the dc board. What's up. I'm gonna hit CC tomorrow. I don't really care what I get as long as its really cheap. I'm Anime_Shun from gamefaqs, don't go on much anymore though. All I need to do is get some money before tomorrow...

[quote name='Braden']btw, I_am "utooned", from the gamefaqs board if that makes a damn bit of difference to any of you here.[/quote]

Didnt/Dont you hang out on the Dreamcast board a lot?

here's what i think. i would go BF shopping at CC only and bring with me all the ads. then have them pricematch the price so i wont have to run around places. would that works?

I picked-up:

- Alter Echo (Xbox)
- Freaky Flyers (Xbox)
- NASCAR Heat 2002 (Xbox)
- Murakumo (Xbox)
- WWE Crush Hour (GameCube)
- Wave Race: Blue Storm (GameCube)
- Drome Racers (GameBoy Advance)

For less than $55.

[quote name='Braden']You find out the "real price" by having a "real employee" "really scan" your "real game"![/quote]

Exactly. Are people that scared to walk up to an employee and go "hey man how much is this?"

well idk i thought you'd have to go up to the counter and you only see the price when you check out. that's why i ask, never been at CC b4

Haha, utooned...Nice to see you make the rounds at these Message Boards.

Anyway, I can't blame you for jumping the Dreamcast Board ship (as I already stated in my "Super Guile" post)...but I'm getting off topic.

Yeah, Circuit City has an awful habit of keeping their games listed at very high prices. My mom wanted me to help her pick out my Christmas presents (she's not quite game-savvy), and I snagged a copy of Ico; marked $50, rang up for $30 (a bit much, I know, but I like prefer my games new).

So, yeah, give it a shot. Sure, having employees scan a stack of games to see if the price is "real" or not might take others time, but it's the cheap-ass way.

I went on Sunday and spent about $130 dollars on 16 games. NOTHING was tagged right. Gamecube games that were tagged $40 were ringing up for $10 and $30 games were ringing up for $5 and $10. What I did was print out every $5 and $10 game from the website and went through the video game section.

I told the cashier "this game should be $5 but is tagged wrong, can I get a price check?" on every game. All but Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX on Xbox rung up at the website price. It took me around 10 minutes to check out and the line of people behind me was starting to get annoyed but I didn't care. The cashier was cool about it though.

If things were tagged correctly, I'm sure nothing would have been left.

So far, all I have tried is Drome Racers for GBA which was $5. Surprisingly, it's a really fun game.

Dynamite99. in general no store will match another store's Door Buster or any other TIMED sales (like 6 AM to noon types of things).

Same here. They had ICO and The Bouncer too tagged at 50 dollars. I was like "hey, I just found a gold mine, these must be 90% off by now..." Then at the register they both come out to 50. WTF

Unfortunately they haven't gotten the memo to mark down Guilty Gear X yet.

I asked the clerk what the price was - still $49.99. Meanwhile GGX2 is $39.99. . .

Funny how that works. :p

For certain titles it's just a matter until when they're cleared out. Just think of this as CC clearance. I'm pretty sure a price of xx.96 means an item is on clearance so scan those and find some deals.

I wub you too cozzy!

LOL

BTW, @ my CC, they have games in about 3 different areas of the store. Don't give up if you don't find what you're looking for in the videogame section. Walk around, there may be another rack in another area of the store.

If you're looking for a particular title, ask an employee to look it up to see if they have it in stock!

[quote name='The Take Out Bandit']Unfortunately they haven't gotten the memo to mark down Guilty Gear X yet.

I asked the clerk what the price was - still $49.99. Meanwhile GGX2 is $39.99. . .

Funny how that works. :p[/quote]

It is supply and demand. I think Guilty Gear X is a hard to find game. I saw Rez one time at Circuit City and price checked come out to 49.99. I passed on it. I should have bought it and returned it later if I really didn't want it.

Hey everyone,

I just came from Circuit City and picked up games. I also went yesterday and here's what i got:

2 x Murakumo (Xbox) = $10
1 x Capcom vs SNK EO (Xbox) = $10
1 x ZOE 2: The 2nd Runner (PS2) = $15
1 x Mat Hoffman BMX 2) (PS2) = $5
1 x Ace Combat 4 (PS2) = $10
3 x Jet Set Radio/Sega GT Combo (Xbox) = $.03

Total = 50.03 plus my 7% local Florida tax

I wanted Shenmue II but i had no luck at the 2 CC's i went to :(

But i got alot of hassle trying to pick up the JSRF/Sega GT for a penny. It almost wasn't worth it. I also saw the Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars Combo Disc but they told me i could not buy it. Can anyone give me a price for it?

Hey i also saw Skies Of Arcadia for Gamecube but i did'nt check out the price for it but it's odd that the game is'nt on CircuitCity.com. If it's real cheap maybe i can pick some up. Please let me know if you can..

thanks soo much for the terrific deals..i went to my circuit city tonight and scarffed a few of them deals for the holidays!
XoXo

Just got back!

Gungrave (PS2) - $10 (marked $20)
Shinobi (PS2) - $10 (marked $20)
ZOE2 (PS2) - $15 (marked $30)

total $37 for 3 games, not too shabby.

I would've never thought that so many prices could be wrong!

Could anyone pick up ZOE 2nd Runner for me? The CC by my place didn't have it.

Email me if you can! Thanks!

Jeremy

I couldn't find Murakumo or Shenmue II at the 2 circuit cities I checked. But they did have Wild Arms 3 for 10, Breath of Fire for 10 and Tenchu for 15.

I got Murakumo for $5. Waste of $5 though, but that game is confirmed ast a $5 game. Price marked $49.99.

Wow...

I got 17 games for $160!

2x Lego Dome for GBA $5
1X Freaky Flyers $10
1x Alter Echo $10
3x Wreckless $5
2 Nascar Heat $5
1 Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
1 Resident Evil for GC $20
1 Jet Set Radio $5
1 Wave Race for GC $10
1 Zone of Enders $15
1 Breath of Fire $10
1 Ampitude $20

Actually.... I see they overcharged me by $5! Oh well.... :)

Valky

Yeah, this is definitely something to check out. I went last week to pick up X2 (w/ Wolverine's Revenge for $5) and also got Gungrave for $9.96. My local CC has all the games in no particular order, though. :(

Damn can't believe someone else from springfield is on here:)

Anyways will have to swing by cc its right by my house. thanks for the info

*waves hello*

I'm from Springfield, too. I've seen like 4 of us on this forum. Anyhow, I just grabbed a few games at CC tonight. I think there's only one Shenmue 2 left, so if it's on your list, you better get it quick.

ZOE 2: The 2nd Runner (PS2) = $15
Gungrave (PS2) - $10
Shinobi (PS2) - $10
Wipeout Fusion - $10

Capcom vs SNK EO (Xbox) = $10
Wreckless - $5
Shenmue 2 - 10

$70!! 7 new games sweet! Love this board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back