Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

Grabbed a Murakumo and CvS2 in Daytona today. Lots of CvS, no Wreckless, and I completely forgot the other titles whenI walked in. I'll make me a list and stop in later this week.

When I bounced into my local Circuit City Wreckless was ringing up 19.99, but on the website it's 4.99. Anyone else run into this issue?

[quote name='tmbgman']When I bounced into my local Circuit City Wreckless was ringing up 19.99, but on the website it's 4.99. Anyone else run into this issue?[/quote]

The store barcode has to be listed as "Wreckless" and not "19.99 Program", the later which is common on the greatest hits. Just arm yourself with a printout of the website next time you go in, and if the staff is good at their job, you shouldn't have any problems.

I picked up Wreckless for $5 no problems. BigDirty hit the nail on the head. Bring the printout of the website in with you and you should have no problems getting it for $5. They should be able to check there website themselves too... but bring ad in anyways.

I got alter echo, ZOE 2, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Breath of Fire:DQ at CC last night. Thanks for the tip. :lol:

[quote name='GameDude']They wouldn't let me have the sega gt/jsrf bundle for 1 cent!!! :evil:[/quote]

Did they say you couldn't buy it at all, or did they say it was more expensive than $.01? If they said it was more expensive, how much were they charging for it?

[quote name='GameDude']They wouldn't let me have the sega gt/jsrf bundle for 1 cent!!! :evil:[/quote]

That's too bad... they let me have one at 1 cent.
Didn't see any more on the shelf at my store.

What were they saying?

Well, I took like 8 of them up there and tried to ring them up. The one guy called some other guy...who, in turned supposedly called the manager. The second guy said that I could get it for a penny only if I bought an Xbox with it. Also, he said that I could have it for the sticker price of $99.99...of course, I declined.

like i said in my previoud post....they also game me crap about it but remember....this disc came with the Xbox LAST YEAR!....and the games bundled with it now are packed in anyways. So if they don't do it then threaten to call their supervisor and get nasty with them if you have to. Remember, we did'nt make the game a penny, THEY DID!

I just went back to CC last night to pick up a few other things. They still had tons of many of these games (especially GC Waverace, but I've already got it). There's no telling how fast they would sell if they actually had the right prices on them. All told I've scored:

PS2
BOF: Dragon Quarter $9.99
Shinobi $9.99
Wipeout Fusion $9.99

GC
WWE Crush Hour $4.96

Xbox
Capcom vs. SNK 2 $9.99
Sega GT / JSRF (x9) $0.01 ea.
Wreckless $4.96

Thanks, Cheap Ass Gamer!

I couldn't resist, I went back to CC today and bought:

Tenchu
Wipeout Fusion
Freaky Flyers
Drome Racers (GBA)

I wanted shinobi, but I couldn't find one.

[quote name='WhoDey']How much is the Freaky Flyers game ringing up as? For the GameCube if anyone knows...[/quote]

I know one of the versions is listed for $9.99. Head to Circuit City's website, game listings, then sort from lowest price. Even if it says "sold out" the price in store is the same if they have any copies in stock.

Don't know if anyones mentioned any of these but...

(PS2 Deals)
THPS4 $17
Xenogears $20
Amplitude $20
Kingdom Hearts $20
Nightfire $20
Hot Persuit 2 $20

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='WhoDey']How much is the Freaky Flyers game ringing up as? For the GameCube if anyone knows...[/quote]

I know one of the versions is listed for $9.99. Head to Circuit City's website, game listings, then sort from lowest price. Even if it says "sold out" the price in store is the same if they have any copies in stock.[/quote]

The PS2 version was $10.

Just bought Treasure Planet at my local Circuit City today for 9.96. Price said 29.99 but I had em check it and it rang up at the 9.96 so I bought it. Good for the kids.

yeah, wave race said 49.99 or something & she rang it up for 9.96 & was like wtf? oh well... here you go

Today I went to two CC around my place and bought waverace, gungrave,zoe the 2nd runner, and shinobi. Thanks for the info. I save a lot of money. The shinobi and zoe is the last one left in CC but they are still have several gungrave and waverace......

[quote name='Freshwillis']I couldn't resist, I went back to CC today and bought:

Tenchu
Wipeout Fusion
Freaky Flyers
Drome Racers (GBA)

I wanted shinobi, but I couldn't find one.[/quote]

Can you get BOF: Dragon Quarter for $10? If so I would be willing to trade you my sealed copy of Shinobi from CC, which was $10.

hey, if someone could just post the actual prices that items are rining up for, that would help me out a lot(especially PS2, GC and PC games). Just put out a list, or just list what u bought for what price. Thanks.

[quote name='shadow711711']hey, if someone could just post the actual prices that items are rining up for, that would help me out a lot(especially PS2, GC and PC games). Just put out a list, or just list what u bought for what price. Thanks.[/quote]

Just go to the website. Pick the system you're looking for, and then choose "Lowest Price" as your sort-by criteria. All the discount prices that the games are ringing up for in the store are there.

[quote name='shadow711711']hey, if someone could just post the actual prices that items are rining up for, that would help me out a lot(especially PS2, GC and PC games). Just put out a list, or just list what u bought for what price. Thanks.[/quote]

[PS2]
Zone of Enders 2 $14.96
Shinobi $9.96
Gungrave $9.96

[GC]
Wave Race $9.96

[quote name='TonyC'][quote name='Freshwillis']I couldn't resist, I went back to CC today and bought:

Tenchu
Wipeout Fusion
Freaky Flyers
Drome Racers (GBA)

I wanted shinobi, but I couldn't find one.[/quote]

Can you get BOF: Dragon Quarter for $10? If so I would be willing to trade you my sealed copy of Shinobi from CC, which was $10.[/quote]

I can check. They may not have any more. I'll let you know.

[quote name='Wenchia'][quote name='shadow711711']hey, if someone could just post the actual prices that items are rining up for, that would help me out a lot(especially PS2, GC and PC games). Just put out a list, or just list what u bought for what price. Thanks.[/quote]

[PS2]
Zone of Enders 2 $14.96
Shinobi $9.96
Gungrave $9.96

[GC]
Wave Race $9.96[/quote]

gungrave is nowhere to be found on the website. i'm gonna see if circuit city has one and HOPE it scans for 9.96

I think that 'Shadow711711' just wants us all to compile a list of all of the CC bargains w/their actual "ring-up" prices for easy reference. Which makes sense when you think about it. If we are all CHEAPASSES, we are probably LAZYASSES, as well! LOL! So I will start a list (with the prices rounded up to the nearest dollar). Anyone else care to 'copy and paste' my list in their own post, while adding some more game bargains to it, in order to gigantisize this list in a hurry? The next poster with an unlisted game/games would copy and paste the current version of this list, while adding to it. Try to keep it alphabetised if possible, and be sure to specify which system any game that you add is for.

Alter Echo (PS2)- $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter (PS2)- $10
Resident Evil: RE (GCN)- $20
Shinobi (PS2)- $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven (PS2)- $10
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)- 10
Wipeout Fusion (PS2)- $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS2)- $15

Missed a few obvious ones, so here is 'possibly' the first updated list-

Alter Echo (PS2)- $10
Gungrave (PS2)- $10
Shinobi (PS2)- $10
Wave Race: Blue Storm (GCN)- $10
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)- $10

BTW, it would be interesting if we added the entire cost of the list, as we go. So far, if your CC had all of the following games in stock, and they rang up @ website prices, you could purchase ALL OF THEM for $115 plus tax!

NOT toooooooooooooo shabby @ all! LOL!

Alter Echo (PS2)- $10
Gungrave (PS2)- $10
Shinobi (PS2)- $10
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)- $10

HEre's an updated list.
Alter Echo (PS2)- $10
Capcom Vs. Snk 2 EO(XB)- $10
Gungrave (PS2)- $10
Shenmue 2(XB) - $10
Shinobi (PS2)- $10
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)- $10
Wreckless (Xb)- $5

I think Braden is wrong, I'm going to check at my circuit city today. They no longer list it on their site.

I went to CC today searching for a GC copy of Freaky Flyers. Unfortunately, they didn't have any. I was hoping to get it for $10. The other two GC games in this deal I already have (Resident Evil 0 and Waverace). If anyone else finds GC games that are ringing up lower than the listed price, please post them.

Here is a better updated list of the deals at Circuit City, I've been posting this in another forum

Xbox
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions $5
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - $10
Shenmue II - $10
Jet Set Radio Future - $5

PS2
Alter Echo - $10
WWE Crush Hour - $5
BoF: Dragon Quarter - $10
Wild Arms 3 $ 10
Defender $10
Treasure Planet $10
Amplitude $20
Ape Escape 2 $20
Tenchu 3 $15
Zone of the Enders 2 - $15
Shinobi - $10
Gungrave - $10
Wipeout Fusion -
Xenosaga - $20

GC

WWE Crush Hour - $5
Resident Evil - $20
Wave Race - $10

GBA
Drome Racers - $5

Alter Echo-$10 (xbox)

I just went there and got Alter Echo, Capcom VS SNK 2 EO, and wreckless for $25. As i was checking out the woman was ringing up the games and after she wrung up the 3 she went did u know these were all going to be these prices and i told her yea.

wow, wut a coincidence...
when I just bought nascar heat 2002, and alter echo, some man asked me the same question 2.

I seems that it depends on who you get at the regester at cc. Some posters on this thread have been able to buy multiple copies for a penny, others have been denied. I bet that you might be able to get at least one person in the store to sell it to you fr a penny. If you really want it, you could try asking for a manager, but I think your best bet is to try to get some teenager who just doesn't care to ring you up. I have found that when there is a line behind you, rather than try to find someone to help them, they would rather just sell it to you. It esp helps when you are buying a good amount of other merchandise at the same time.

On another note, I have also been asked by people if I knew the "secret" prices of the games beforehand. On one occasion, I was price checking a couple of games I wasn't sure about, which rang up at full price. The guy said "they are all going to be pretty much priced as marked" I said "we'll see about that, keep scanning". The rest of the games I had were most of the clearance ones posted on their website under $20. The guy must have felt real stupid as I told him the exact price of each game as he scanned them. Hehe ;)

Well, BB finally decided to cancel my Shinobi order the other day (I didn't really think it'd come through), but I found it at the 3rd CC I checked (I had checked the other 2 on prior occasions). There were a lot of the discount games (only the one of Shinobi) still at this location, no doubt because they are all still marked at full price. I also picked up Wreckless, which I had mentioned earlier I neglected to pick up in my $100+ purchase. I have another "game" to add to the list, although it isn't as big a discount as the others, it could be of some interest:

The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 $9.99

I've seen it used for that, but not new. I may just be uninformed, though.

[quote name='ps2jin']i did'nt know they sold MGS Document there[/quote]

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find it there myself. They had 2 copies in the discount bin, I only picked up one.

I tried to buy a copy of Red Faction II (Xbox) earlier, but the guy at the counter said that I needed an ID saying I was over 18 because it was rated M, so I couldn't buy it. I'm 15... :(. At the same CC, I bought Diablo II when it first came out, Unreal Championship, and Max Payne for Xbox... Probably some people are too legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back