Circuit City March clearance - 3/27 update Odin Sphere $16.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
(note from Io: merged the independent Odin Sphere thread into this one and changed the title to highlight that deal. Credit to langdon_alger for finding the Odin Sphere drop and to mitch079 for uncovering the other PS2 drops on the web site)

(Edit #2 from Io: Added the full list of new clearance items posted by Donnums including all the new Xbox/GC/PSP/DS stuff)

As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27

:ps2:
[highlight]Odin Sphere $16.96[/highlight]

ATV Offroad Fury 3 12.96
Bigs $12.96
Bratz: Forever Diamonds 12.96
Bratz: The Movie 12.96
Capcom Classics Colleciton Vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars 16.96
Dawn of Mana 16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass 16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night 16.96
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects 12.96
MLB 07 The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Open Season 12.96
Sly 3 $12.96
Surf's Up $12.96
WWE Smack Down! vs. RAW 2006 12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans 2 $8.96
FIFA 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon Summit Strike $8.96
Madden 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: CARBON $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED COLL ED $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield 2 $8.96
Tiger Woods 2007 $8.96

:gc:
(ALL $8.96 except as noted)
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Bratz Diamonds
Madden NFL 2007
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball
Meet the Robinsons
Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Naruto 2
NARUTO: CLASH OF THE NINJA
NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND
NICKTOONS VOLCANO ISLAND
OVER THE HEDGE
PAPER MARIO
POKEMON XD
RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION
RATATOUILLE
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
SIMS PETS 2
SONIC HEROES
SONIC RIDERS
SPONGEBOB KRUSTY KRAB
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

:psp:
CRASH TAG TEAM RACING $16.96
TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED $16.96

:ds:
BOOGIE $8.96
CLUBHOUSE GAMES $16.96
GOLDEN COMPASS $8.96
MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 2 $16.96
METROID PRIME HUNTERS $16.96
NINTENDO DS BROWSER $16.96
POGO ISLAND $16.96
SPONGEBOB: KRUSTY KRAB $16.96
STARFOX COMMAND $16.96

:gba:
FINDING NEMO/ INCREDIBLES DUAL PACK $8.96
HAPPY FEET $8.96
PETZ VET $16.96
SHREK 3 $16.96
SPIDERMAN 3 $16.96

3/21

:ps3:
Genji: Days of the Blade $19.96

Ape Escape 3 $8.96
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie $8.96
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai $8.96

:psp:UMD
Aeon Flux $4.96
Beavis & Butthead vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 3 $4.96
Viva La Bam vol. 2 $4.96

2/29

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 $16.96
Import Tuner Challenge $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $16.96

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $16.96
Bee Movie $16.96
Excitetruck $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
Super Swing Golf $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $16.96

:ps3:
The Bigs $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Madden NFL 07 $16.96
MLB 2K7 $16.96
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End $16.96

Need for Speed Underground 2 $16.96

:ds:
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $16.96

:psp:
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai $16.96

:gba:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $16.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $16.96

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

[quote name='emg28']Thanks. Time to find my receipt for Excite Truck and Trauma Center.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about those games. Got to look for my receipts as well.

Just dug up my reciepts for Super Swing Golf, Odin Sphere, Kororinpa: Marble Mania, and Trauma Center: Second Opinion. I hope the 33% off clearance games starts tomorrow, cuz I wanna get my credit back and use towards a few more games! Do they just credit back the amount on your credit card, or do they give you store credit?

[quote name='kevzik']Within 30 days, yes.[/quote]Hmmm...this is going to be right up against the line. My receipts are dated 2/29. Tomorrow should technically be considered 'within 30 days' but...we'll see how it goes. Depends on if they think the 30 days ended on the 29th or if I can convince them that an adjustment on March 1st would have been within 1 day, March 2nd within 2 days...therefore March 30th within 30 days.

Saw three copies of Odin Sphere at the Sports Arena/San Diego, CA location an hour or so ago. Tagged at $16.96. Already have one, so I didn't grab them. Couldn't find Dawn of Mana though. That's something I still need.

Didnt find OS. Glad I got mine @ GS during a B1G1F coupon.

Did see Elite Beat Agents, Animal Crossing, Mario Strikers and Starfox Assault. I will return tomorrow when all will be 25% off. If they're gone, no biggie.

[quote name='eugaet']Hmmm...this is going to be right up against the line. My receipts are dated 2/29. Tomorrow should technically be considered 'within 30 days' but...we'll see how it goes. Depends on if they think the 30 days ended on the 29th or if I can convince them that an adjustment on March 1st would have been within 1 day, March 2nd within 2 days...therefore March 30th within 30 days.[/quote]

You should be ok. The day you bought the game should not count as the first day. I have been in this situation before and haven't had a problem but this is CC we're talking about. Good Luck.

[quote name='Caliburn']Didnt find OS. Glad I got mine @ GS during a B1G1F coupon.

Did see Elite Beat Agents, Animal Crossing, Mario Strikers and Starfox Assault. I will return tomorrow when all will be 25% off. If they're gone, no biggie.[/quote]

It's actually 33%. ;)

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']was Odin Sphere actually carried at all the CC's? I checked mine and couldn't find one anywhere, not even a shelf tag for it.[/quote]

It was stocked but not alot of them I saw them at 2 CC stores way before this clearance and back then they only had about 3-4 in stock at each store.

[quote name='Derrick1979']It was stocked but not alot of them I saw them at 2 CC stores way before this clearance and back then they only had about 3-4 in stock at each store.[/QUOTE]

The places I've checked out in the last 72 hours had some in stock. Typically 3-4 copies.

[quote name='eugaet']Hmmm...this is going to be right up against the line. My receipts are dated 2/29. Tomorrow should technically be considered 'within 30 days' but...we'll see how it goes. Depends on if they think the 30 days ended on the 29th or if I can convince them that an adjustment on March 1st would have been within 1 day, March 2nd within 2 days...therefore March 30th within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

In the past I've had no problems adjusting or returning things well over the 30 days (but not too far out - say 40-45 days or so). But, of course, YMMV on that as it depends entirely on the CS rep. But it seems the computer doesn't stop them from doing it so that's good.

My CC was picked clean of clearance GC games, some that were there last week. I did manage to find one copy of Odin Sphere, though.

drove through gurnee, il this weekend and find one last copy of trauma center second opinion at the gurnee mills circuit city. been looking for this one for a while. there were a couple copies of earth defense force there too (in a clearance bin)

OMG. CC had their DS games in alphabetical order. All but 3 gamecube games were gone. All clearence games gone, except a star fox command that i hid. Either soemone got to them or their is a new employee who got them, since thier ds games were never in order before.

ive got 2 copies of Star Fox command if anyone wants them. here is what I figure:

Game 16.96
MA Sales Tax .85
Gas 1.00
Shipping 2.50

Total 21.31

I'll get rid of them for $22.00 shipped if anyone wants one. Just PM me.

I would be careful about posting offers to sell/trade requests in this thread. Per the OP I believe those belong in the CC clearance trade thread

(Just a friendly reminder since the new infraction system has been implemented and you can get warned for it).

[quote name='Chitown021']I would be careful about posting offers to sell/trade requests in this thread. Per the OP I believe those belong in the CC clearance trade thread

(Just a friendly reminder since the new infraction system has been implemented and you can get warned for it).[/quote]

Thanks Chitown, deleted.

Found Children of Mana today
and Jackass $5 UMD
this store finally had the $15 off $100 coupon out! (good mid April)
grabbed a few...so don;t forget to look for these!

oh and found a lonely Excite Truck marked $49.99 locked in the case...

Snagged super mario stikers, Trauma Center Second Opinion, and Odin Sphere.
I really wanted excite Truck but I guess Trauma Center will have to suffice.
I have the DS version and hope this isn't just a waste of money.

For those looking for Excite Truck but unable to find it at CC, I found a clearance copy at Kmart a couple days ago for $25. It's more expensive than CC, and still YMMV, but might be a decent place to look if you're really interested.

Went last night, no luck finding odin sphere. What sucks is that I know the CC by my job had quite a few copies but the store was closed down just a few weeks ago.

[quote name='donut']Found Children of Mana today
and Jackass $5 UMD
this store finally had the $15 off $100 coupon out! (good mid April)
grabbed a few...so don;t forget to look for these!

oh and found a lonely Excite Truck marked $49.99 locked in the case...[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work on game software, I saw it today and looked at the fine print

are games like animal crossings actualy being found at the stores or are these price lists usualy found out from bar code list price scans?.. if anyone find animal crossing ill pay that price all day long for them and a finders fee and extra!!

Chad
920-883-8905

Are Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii) and Odin Sphere (PS2) still commonly available at CC? I totally forgot to look. If not, can anyone with any extras offer any copies?

Again, in the case of star fox assault or mario sunshine, would these prices cover the greatest hits or player's choice versions of them?

[quote name='segaplayer']Again, in the case of star fox assault or mario sunshine, would these prices cover the greatest hits or player's choice versions of them?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I bought a couple Player's Choice games at the clearance price.

:( Went today to the Lake Grove CC in New York and they were cleaned out of the Odins they had last week. :( Stickied fingered bastards. But I did manage to get the last MLB Power Pros they had, and it was indeed $12.96.

Well, tomorrow I'll be trekking across Long Island anyway, so it looks like I'll stop at a bunch of CCs to find the booty.

[quote name='segaplayer']Again, in the case of star fox assault or mario sunshine, would these prices cover the greatest hits or player's choice versions of them?[/QUOTE]

It's both, but I think you would be very hard pressed to find the original release versions of any of these games at CC. I haven't seen a non-PC version of either game at any major retailer for at least 2-3 years and after looking at four Circuit City locations since Friday, I doubt you will find a non-PC version of these games or any of the other first party Gamecube games still in stock. In fact, even the Mario Baseball copies I saw at a couple of stores had "best seller" on the case.

So this sunday (today... later today), all clearance games posted here will be 33% cheaper than what's listed here (ie. 33% off of $16.96), or they'll just be $16.96 but considered 33% cheaper...?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So this sunday (today... later today), all clearance games posted here will be 33% cheaper than what's listed here (ie. 33% off of $16.96), or they'll just be $16.96 but considered 33% cheaper...?[/quote]I'll be the 33% off of $16.96 part.

[quote name='lockey']last sept they the same clearance and it was 33% of the clearance price xx.96.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it won't be like the one they had last spring where their computers didn't reflect the sale price for 3-4 days.

[quote name='SSJMies']My CC had 3 copies of Odin Sphere yesterday, but when I went back today to look around for other games, they were already gone.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Was Odin Sphere out as well today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back