:ps2:
MLB Power Pros $19.99
Taito Legends 2 $9.99

:xbox:
Halo 2 $19.99

:ds:
Alvin and the Chipmunks $19.99
American Girl $19.99

Scary, that Halo 2 is just now hitting platinum Hits status, I guess that shows how Biased Microsoft is with their PH line. Gears of War anyone?

[quote name='JDUB X']Scary, that Halo 2 is just now hitting platinum Hits status, I guess that shows how Biased Microsoft is with their PH line. Gears of War anyone?[/quote]

Definitely agree with that statement. we'll be lucky if GoW drops below $40 by the time GoW2 comes out in November. MS is sure one to squeeze every penny they can get from us and will drop other obscure titles to PH status that came nowhere close to GoW's sales. :roll:

[quote name='JDUB X']Scary, that Halo 2 is just now hitting platinum Hits status, I guess that shows how Biased Microsoft is with their PH line. Gears of War anyone?[/quote]

A lot like nintendo keeping Smash Bros at $30.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']A lot like nintendo keeping Smash Bros at $30.[/QUOTE]

Its straight out of Nintendos marketing and price playbook - Shocking? No I don't quite think so.

They've been doing it for a decade or more.

Taito Legends 2 (PS2) has been super cheap for a while at many stores. It's a great compilation and also has some really obscure games on there. I imported it before I knew they would release it here and it was worth it then and worth it now. I remember when it was a "GameStop exclusive" and now it's everywhere very cheap.

Seriously, and at $30 Melee was STILL a steal. The habitual $50->$20 in a year's time was always one of the things that bothered me the most about the games market. Why NOT leave a game full price as long as it's still selling?

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']Seriously, and at $30 Melee was STILL a steal. The habitual $50->$20 in a year's time was always one of the things that bothered me the most about the games market. Why NOT leave a game full price as long as it's still selling?[/quote]

ding ding ding.

And that is exactly why those games won't drop in price. If they are still selling the game for 60 bucks, why not still CHARGE it. Game companies have been doing it for YEARS, it's nothing new.

[quote name='fart_bubble']cool, time to finally pick up a copy of Power Pros for the PS2[/quote]

This. Thanks neocisco!

[quote name='JDUB X']Scary, that Halo 2 is just now hitting platinum Hits status, I guess that shows how Biased Microsoft is with their PH line. Gears of War anyone?[/QUOTE]

True. Because game companies are legally forced to sell a game for $20 when they can sell bucketloads at $30. Because, you know, the guidelines for Platinum Hits are a legally binding contract between you and Microsoft.

It's $10. Turn the page & get on with your life.

bread's done
Back