Circuit City or Best Buy CAGs

kaji7p56

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Are there any CAGs in the Los Angeles area that work at Circuit City or Best Buy? It doesn't matter which location (I'll drive far if I have to).

I would like to buy a TV but it would be cool if a CAG could hook me up with their employee discount.

To sweeten the deal, I'd give you a free game. Sound good? Post here or PM me.

[quote name='beerguy961']Good luck with this. If you're gonna find a CC employee, it's most likely the LA area...[/quote]

Thanks.

I don't know of any specific CAGs that work at CC but I could have sworn that I read it in a thread somewhere.

Are their employee discounts really that great? I know when I used to work in retail, it was only 10% so it basically only covered the sales tax.

[quote name='Owen']Are their employee discounts really that great? I know when I used to work in retail, it was only 10% so it basically only covered the sales tax.[/quote]

On the TV that I want, the sales tax is about $80.

Let me know if there's a cool CC Cag'er in the LA area. Most of the local CC emplyees aren't too helpful.

The Sunset CC has got to be the worst! Well, La Cienaga isn't much better.

Getting a decent pricematch at those places is a miracle.

But, please prove me wrong. I know there's a helpful employee trapped in there...

[quote name='rallen']Let me know if there's a cool CC Cag'er in the LA area. Most of the local CC emplyees aren't too helpful.

The Sunset CC has got to be the worst! Well, La Cienaga isn't much better.

Getting a decent pricematch at those places is a miracle.

But, please prove me wrong. I know there's a helpful employee trapped in there...[/quote]

I sure hope so.

[quote name='rallen'][quote name='kaji7p56']
I sure hope so.[/quote]

Which one do you usually shop at?[/quote]

I don't really shop there too often but I saw a nice TV in the ad.

When I do stop by, I go to the La Cienega, Culver City, and Santa Monica locations.

And you?

If you have a Best Buy sku for the tv I can at least check what the employee cost would be....

[quote name='kraid']If you have a Best Buy sku for the tv I can at least check what the employee cost would be....[/quote]

Do you work there? I did not write down any SKUs but I will tomorrow.

Let me ask you something. If a TV is out of stock BB usually sells the floor model at a discounted rate, right? If so, can an employee get the floor model + his discount?

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='rallen'][quote name='kaji7p56']
I sure hope so.[/quote]

Which one do you usually shop at?[/quote]

I don't really shop there too often but I saw a nice TV in the ad.

When I do stop by, I go to the La Cienega, Culver City, and Santa Monica locations.

And you?[/quote]

Usaully Glendale; one of the checkers flirted with me there before. The one in Culver City is pretty good; but agian the La Cienaga one is a mess.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='kraid']If you have a Best Buy sku for the tv I can at least check what the employee cost would be....[/quote]

Do you work there? I did not write down any SKUs but I will tomorrow.

Let me ask you something. If a TV is out of stock BB usually sells the floor model at a discounted rate, right? If so, can an employee get the floor model + his discount?[/quote]

No, an employee cannot get his/her employee discount and the discount on the open box. That is why it is better for the employee to get the item new.

The discounts on some tvs is fairly large, making it pretty hard for an employee to buy this for ya. Thats much different from buying a cd or game. They would be risking their job.

[quote name='rodeojones903']The discounts on some tvs is fairly large, making it pretty hard for an employee to buy this for ya. Thats much different from buying a cd or game. They would be risking their job.[/quote]

Not really. A friend of mine used to work there. As long as you aren't buying 3 TVs in one month, it's not a problem.

You might want to try to find someone who works at Fry's. I think depending on the TV, they can get decent discounts. But you'll probably be hard pressed to find one willing to help since they have a limit on their discount per year.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='rodeojones903']The discounts on some tvs is fairly large, making it pretty hard for an employee to buy this for ya. Thats much different from buying a cd or game. They would be risking their job.[/quote]

Not really. A friend of mine used to work there. As long as you aren't buying 3 TVs in one month, it's not a problem.[/quote]

Well, I worked at the HT deparment at my local best buy and saw 3 people given the axe for it. Good luck tho. :D

bread's done
Back