Circuit City September clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Don't get too excited, the list looks pretty blah, a lot of drops on previously listed titles. I'll be posting new additions as they're released. I'm also adding the games from August at the bottom.

9/21

:ps2:
Ghost Recon 2 $9.99

:xbox:
MLB 2K5 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96
The Simpsons: Hit & Run $9.99

:psp:
World Championship Poker 2 $8.96

:gba:
Road Rash: Jailbeak $4.96

8/31

Avatar: The Last Airbender $12.96
Backyard Baseball 2007 $12.96
College Hoops 2K7 $12.96
Flushed Away $12.96
NBA Ballers: Phenom $12.96
Valkyrie Profile 2 $16.96

FIFA World Cup 2006 $12.96
Flatout 2 $12.96
Forza Motorsport $12.96
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers $12.96
The Godfather $12.96
Grand Theft Auto double pack $12.96
Hitman: Blood Money $12.96
MLB 2K6 $12.96
MLB Slugfest 2006 $12.96
NASCAR 2007 $12.96
NBA Live 2007 $12.96
NFL Head Coach $12.96
NHL 2007 $12.96
Spartan: Total Warrior $12.96
Superman Returns $12.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $12.96
X-Men: The Official Game $12.96

:gc:
Avatar: The Last Airbender $12.96
Donkey Konga 2 $12.96
Flushed Away $12.96
Happy Feet $12.96
MLB 2K6 12.96
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary $12.96
Open Season $12.96
Sonic Gems Collection $12.96
Super Monkey Ball $12.96
Super Monkey Ball Adventure $12.96
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $12.96

Activision Hits Remixed $16.96
Avatar: The Last Airbender $16.96
Sid Meier's Pirates $16.96

Little Mermaid $16.96
SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants $16.96
Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith $16.96
Strawberry Shortcake: Sweet Dreams $16.96

August list

:360:
Bomberman: Act Zero $12.96
Chromehounds $16.96
Far Cry:Instincts-Predator $16.96
Madden NFL 06 $8.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96
MLB 2K6 $16.96
Superman Returns $16.96
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 $29.96

Bionicle Heroes $12.96
The DaVinci Code $4.96
Devil May Cry trilogy $16.96
Eyetoy Operation: Spy $4.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $12.96
Gretzky NHL 2006 $4.96
Jampack summer 2006 $1.96
Jampack winter 2005 $1.96
MLB 06: The Show $16.96
NBA 06 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96
NHL 06 $4.96
NHL 2K7 $12.96
Rampage: Total Destruction $16.96
Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville $8.96
Spy Hunter $8.96
Spy Hunter 3: Nowhere to Run $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racing Drift $8.96
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 $19.96
value deals $9.99 (UPC 658517597539) $4.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113385) $4.96
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2005 $16.96

Advent Rising $4.96
Arena Football $4.96
Cold Fear $8.96
NBA Live 06 $4.96
NCAA Football 2005 $1.96
Spider-Man 2 $12.96
Unreal Championship $4.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $8.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113415) $4.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $12.96
Little Mermaid $16.96
Magical Starsign $12.96
Monster Bomber $4.96
Scurge: Hive $8.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $12.96
True Swing Golf $8.96
Whac-a-Mole $8.96

Kingdom of Paradise $16.96
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops $16.96
NBA 06 $8.96
World Championship Poker 2 $16.96

Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $4.96
Killswitch $8.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $8.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $8.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113422) $4.96

This 33% off I keep reading about, was it a special sale or something? I ask because I went yesterday to pick up one of these sale games thinking it was $16.96. Instead the game rang up $11.36. I thought it was maybe a mistake or something but after reading this thread I'm thinking it was just discounted even more due to the 33% off.

[quote name='Maxwell31']This 33% off I keep reading about, was it a special sale or something? I ask because I went yesterday to pick up one of these sale games thinking it was $16.96. Instead the game rang up $11.36. I thought it was maybe a mistake or something but after reading this thread I'm thinking it was just discounted even more due to the 33% off.[/quote]

The 33% off was a two week deal that ended at closing last night.

[quote name='sp00ge']The 33% off was a two week deal that ended at closing last night.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

That was a pretty good deal, got the game for much less than what I was willing to pay for it. Now why can't BB do sales like this?

Good luck to all in your searches for bargains!

BB could start by having good clearances again. The last clearance they had was in Feburary and most stores had horrible selections

[quote name='YoshiFan1']BB could start by having good clearances again. The last clearance they had was in Feburary and most stores had horrible selections[/quote]

Can't remember the last game I bought from BB.

BARE WITH ME, FIRST TIME POSTER

During the CC clearance sale of 33% off, if you picked up Meet the Robinsons for the 360 or Wii for $11.XX , return to walmart without a receipt and then you will make almost $30 on the gift card.

Find a way to do that several times and apply towards a PS3 or other gaming console or save $30 on Halo 3, Bioshock, etc.

Anybody know the trade in value for Meet the Robinsons at Gamestop?

[quote name='cvraider']BARE WITH ME, FIRST TIME POSTER

During the CC clearance sale of 33% off, if you picked up Meet the Robinsons for the 360 or Wii for $11.XX , return to walmart without a receipt and then you will make almost $30 on the gift card.

Find a way to do that several times and apply towards a PS3 or other gaming console or save $30 on Halo 3, Bioshock, etc.

Anybody know the trade in value for Meet the Robinsons at Gamestop?[/quote]

Yes, you can return the game to walmart that you purchased at cc, however that does constitue fraud as you never purchased the game there in the first place. Wal-mart will allow three no receipt transaction a year.
Save time and go to shopping morality thread for more info.

[quote name='cvraider']BARE WITH ME, FIRST TIME POSTER

Anybody know the trade in value for Meet the Robinsons at Gamestop?[/quote]

First time poster, maybe, but you've been a member for over a year. You should know that what you mention is considered a type of fraud, which is frowned upon around here.

[quote name='sp00ge']First time poster, maybe, but you've been a member for over a year. You should know that what you mention is considered a type of fraud, which is frowned upon around here.[/quote]

but flipping 50+ copies of lumines is not! teehee

[quote name='kevzik']Can't remember the last game I bought from BB.[/quote]
I remember mine, RE:0 and Skies of Arcadia Legends for :gc: a couple years ago, both were cheap, around $10 I think. Would have been GRAW for :360: but when I went there to buy a :360:, hdtv, and a game I stood around the HDTV section for around 15 - 20 minutes waiting for someone to get the TV I wanted. I got fed up and left, never been back since. Their loss prevention nazis always pissed me off anyways.

[quote name='monkeydeew']but flipping 50+ copies of lumines is not! teehee[/quote]

As this has already been stated, Lumines was on clearance for over a year before the demand shot up. Hoarding rules do not apply in cases like this. Had it been a recent game clearance, things would be different. And you're really one to talk about hoarding/flipping. Pot Vs Kettle here.

I figured you grew up some after last time, so I removed you from my ignore list. Looks like you're going back on it.

[quote name='Dazz']Devil May Cry trilogy is the same as the anniversary edition correct?[/quote]

AFAIK, yes.

cool, i know of a CC that has a few left.

as for BB, i scored at there last big clearnace sale when alot of the games were $1.99, $4.99 and $9.99. Its all about location.

[quote name='sp00ge']As this has already been stated, Lumines was on clearance for over a year before the demand shot up. Hoarding rules do not apply in cases like this. Had it been a recent game clearance, things would be different. And you're really one to talk about hoarding/flipping. Pot Vs Kettle here.

I figured you grew up some after last time, so I removed you from my ignore list. Looks like you're going back on it.[/quote]

i was jk!

[quote name='sp00ge']Put a JK or a smiley in then! JEEZ!!

Remember, I'm a cranky old man. :D[/quote]

i thought teehee would be a giveaway, sadly i havent seen lumines around in weeks, did find a copy of obscure ps2 though...

[quote name='pentapenguin']Anybody know if the extra 33% clearance is still going on?[/QUOTE]

According to post 447 by Spooge on the previous page, no.

Just a few drops this week, nothing big at all.

Ghost Recon 2 $9.99

MLB 2K5 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96

Road Rash: Jailbeak $4.96

[quote name='neocisco']Just a few drops this week, nothing big at all.

Ghost Recon 2 $9.99

MLB 2K5 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96

Road Rash: Jailbeak $4.96[/QUOTE]

Thanks neocisco! I might try NFL Head Coach at that price.

FINALLY, picked up my most sought after CC Clearance game today, when I spotted Virtua Tennis 3 at a CC I had looked over before but had never found it. Needless to say I am pleased, also picked up my component psp cable and a pack of screen protectors, in addition to a couple GTA Trilogy's for the XB

[quote name='neocisco']Just a few drops this week, nothing big at all.

Ghost Recon 2 $9.99

MLB 2K5 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96

Road Rash: Jailbeak $4.96[/QUOTE]

Still, it's nice to see some new $4.96 games

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Still, it's nice to see some new $4.96 games[/QUOTE]

I miss the days of the 1.96 and even .96 games

[quote name='zman73']I miss the days of the 1.96 and even .96 games[/quote]

NFL2k5 Xbox dropped to 1.96 online!!!!

Also, you should have used that luck you used to find VT3 on a lotto ticket. That game has been gone since the two week mark after hitting clearance.

[quote name='jdawgg76']NFL2k5 Xbox dropped to 1.96 online!!!!

Also, you should have used that luck you used to find VT3 on a lotto ticket. That game has been gone since the two week mark after hitting clearance.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, it HAD to have been a restock, because I have checked 5 or 6 different CC's before including the one I found this one in (and it was still stickered 49.99, I love when CC is lax on markdowns)

As for the lotto, there isnt one on the state Im in, but I should have hit the slot machines on my way through Biloxi

And for the 1.95 games, I meant halfway decent ones ;), that old markdown list was so long it would take me a coule hours to look through a decent CC (one that never marked down games), that was some fun, didnt play all of them, but ones I didnt open have been sold at a very very nice profit. Its nice to take a 2 dollar game and sell it for 20

Cleaned out a handful of posts which were related to fradulant activities, and then a handful of posts which came from the fraudulant activities discussion to keep the thread nice and clean. With no messy residue.

I found an Ice Age 2 yesterday for the Wii. going to flip this one at Gamerush. Oddly enough they ARE still charging $30 for Happy Feet for the Wii. Even did a price check.

Do we find out about the clearances on the first or a day or two before?
I've been eye balling the 15+ Gears of War Limited Editions at one of my C.C.'s and fear missing out on even one.
I really hope to get more to work on my trade list though.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I believe it's still $49.99.[/QUOTE]

Try Sears... I got mine for 10, most other sears stores Ive seen it for 20

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Do we find out about the clearances on the first or a day or two before?
I've been eye balling the 15+ Gears of War Limited Editions at one of my C.C.'s and fear missing out on even one.
I really hope to get more to work on my trade list though.[/quote]

I doubt they'll drop the LE of Gears anytime soon. Prey CE is still ringing up $29.99 and so is Madden 07 Madden Edition or whatever its called

The monthly clearances usually get released a couple of days before the first of the month but nothng yet so far for October.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Well I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :)
It's almost October.[/quote]

Hell I'm keeping my fingers crossed too :p

[quote name='neocisco']The monthly clearances usually get released a couple of days before the first of the month but nothng yet so far for October.[/QUOTE]

I just hope it's for something that my CC actually has in stock here. The one back home is pretty decent but the one here in school sucks.

Is the extra 30% still happening? I finally found a store with Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime but it was $16.96. Even after totaling, no extra discount applied I think.

My Circuit City restocked on VP2 after checking back every week. They had three, so I was able to snag one for $17 like I hoped.

[quote name='game_collector_83']Where's the october list?[/quote]

Go back one whole page.

[quote name='neocisco']The monthly clearances usually get released a couple of days before the first of the month but nothng yet so far for October.[/quote]

I went in to CC today and had the guy check Just Cause and Yakuza. They both rang up $16.96. Of course they weren't marked. I was all "oh wow, do you think there are any other unmarked games? Do you have a list?" He said they are getting a new "system" and they can't make lists of the games.

Is that the same at all CC's or did he just not care?

bread's done
Back