Circuit City's Corprate number.

My friend and i walked in the store. Right as we walked through the front door, the receipt checker stoped us and asked to look inside his man purse. I stepped in and told him no as the man ignored me and kept telling him to give him his bag. The guy got fed up with me after a minute or two and old me I need to leave my bag at the front desk. Again, I told him no as he kept arguing with me. Finally we turned around and walked away in the middle of him still asking for the bag. We walked over to the video game section only to find out that we're being followed. This guy wasn't even being subtle about it. He walked right up to us and glared at us as if he was waiting for something. Well, we wasn't havin' that shit so we got the manager and all he said was he was doing his job.

[quote name='twiztidjester']My friend and i walked in the store. Right as we walked through the front door, the receipt checker stoped us and asked to look inside his man purse. I stepped in and told him no as the man ignored me and kept telling him to give him his bag. The guy got fed up with me after a minute or two and old me I need to leave my bag at the front desk. Again, I told him no as he kept arguing with me. Finally we turned around and walked away in the middle of him still asking for the bag. We walked over to the video game section only to find out that we're being followed. This guy wasn't even being subtle about it. He walked right up to us and glared at us as if he was waiting for something. Well, we wasn't havin' that shit so we got the manager and all he said was he was doing his job.[/QUOTE]
"Man purse?" Since most men don't carry things like that, I'd assume that they thought you were shoplifting. Since you weren't cooperating with the request - which wasn't all that unreasonable in the first place - it follows that they'd try to keep an eye on you while you were in the store.

It doesn't sound like they did anything wrong to me.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']"Man purse?" Since most men don't carry things like that, I'd assume that they thought you were shoplifting. Since you weren't cooperating with the request - which wasn't all that unreasonable in the first place - it follows that they'd try to keep an eye on you while you were in the store.

It doesn't sound like they did anything wrong to me.[/QUOTE]

If a woman had a purse they would not ask to search her. There is not diffrence with a woman with a purse and a man with a purse.

Wow, talk about over-reacting. Two kids coming in with some sort of bag, then refuse a sensible request to look in said bag and act like pricks about it.. and so they watch you.. and you find that unreasonable of them?

[quote name='twiztidjester']If a woman had a purse they would not ask to search her. There is not diffrence with a woman with a purse and a man with a purse.[/QUOTE]
You don't know that. They easily could have asked a woman with a purse to have it inspected. Is it unusual? Yes. Is it something they can't do? No.

I'd still call them and bring up that thought you have about a woman not being searched and the man being searched. I'd wager they'll tell you it wouldn't matter if it was a man or a woman. They'd do it if they had some apparent issue that made them think there might be a theft of some kind. Man or woman.

It is actually policy to have you leave large bags at the front. It is to prevent people from stealing.... you'd be surprised the shit you can steal with just one bag... I've seen the videos....

It's not completely unreasonable. While working at Best Buy, anyone who walked in with some sort of bag was either asked to leave it at the front, have it searched through, or watched like a hawk through the cameras.

[quote name='twiztidjester']If a woman had a purse they would not ask to search her. There is not diffrence with a woman with a purse and a man with a purse.[/QUOTE]

This aint going to turn into a gay rights thing is it?

[quote name='shrike4242']You don't know that. They easily could have asked a woman with a purse to have it inspected. Is it unusual? Yes. Is it something they can't do? No.

I'd still call them and bring up that thought you have about a woman not being searched and the man being searched. I'd wager they'll tell you it wouldn't matter if it was a man or a woman. They'd do it if they had some apparent issue that made them think there might be a theft of some kind. Man or woman.[/QUOTE]

We gave them no indication that we were shoplifters at all. Infact i know about half of the people there from when i worked at the store. If we were walking out the door and the buzzer went off i could understand them asking to see the bag. But to try and take the bag from him is not acceptible.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Wow, talk about over-reacting. Two kids coming in with some sort of bag, then refuse a sensible request to look in said bag and act like pricks about it.. and so they watch you.. and you find that unreasonable of them?[/QUOTE]

I do not think i am over reacting, and i do not think it was a resonable request, and we werent pricks about it.

[quote name='Graystone']This aint going to turn into a gay rights thing is it?[/QUOTE]

No neither of us are gay.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's not completely unreasonable. While working at Best Buy, anyone who walked in with some sort of bag was either asked to leave it at the front, have it searched through, or watched like a hawk through the cameras.[/QUOTE]

Every man woman and child that had a bag was watched i find that a little hard to believe.

i'd have to agree with twizted here. i'm not sure you can just go rifling through someone's stuff unless you have reasonable cause. especially when they asked for it as soon as they walked in the front door. it's not like they had been browsing around for a while.

[quote name='twiztidjester']No neither of us are gay.

Every man woman and child that had a bag was watched i find that a little hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

Large bag. Sorry. Mainly backpacks.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Large bag. Sorry. Mainly backpacks.[/QUOTE]

ok and i could even understand watching people on the video cameras but dont walk 4 feet behind me.

Its a known fact that teenagers are criminals and glue sniffers. Thank goodness I'm old enough to not care how people in that age group are treated.

[quote name='twiztidjester']We gave them no indication that we were shoplifters at all. Infact i know about half of the people there from when i worked at the store. If we were walking out the door and the buzzer went off i could understand them asking to see the bag. But to try and take the bag from him is not acceptible.

I do not think i am over reacting, and i do not think it was a resonable request, and we werent pricks about it.[/QUOTE]
That's funny, it seems like you gave them enough reasons in denying their request. Was there something you didn't want them to see in the "man purse"? Was there a reason besides "you didn't want them to look in your bag" that caused you not to want to let them take a look?

Most LP people I've seen in a retail store assume something funny when you deny them the request, and you get the third degree at that point. Which is what you received. And I'm sure if someone else of the female persuasion was in the same situation, they would have recieved the same treatment.

Yeah. Calling Corporate will do you no good. They will tell you the same thing the manager and we told you. It is policy and the LP was doing his job. End of story.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's funny, it seems like you gave them enough reasons in denying their request. Was there something you didn't want them to see in the "man purse"? Was there a reason besides "you didn't want them to look in your bag" that caused you not to want to let them take a look?

Most LP people I've seen in a retail store assume something funny when you deny them the request, and you get the third degree at that point. Which is what you received. And I'm sure if someone else of the female persuasion was in the same situation, they would have recieved the same treatment.[/QUOTE]

All that was in the bag was His wallet his DS and his PSP.

[quote name='jm2u']Its a known fact that teenagers are criminals and glue sniffers. Thank goodness I'm old enough to not care how people in that age group are treated.[/QUOTE]

But neither one of us are teenagers.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Yeah. Calling Corporate will do you no good. They will tell you the same thing the manager and we told you. It is policy and the LP was doing his job. End of story.[/QUOTE]

The reason i want to call corprate is because I do not agree with the policy and would like to express my feelings about it.

Normally most of you would think I would side on with CC on this (as being a CC employee) but in this case I'm on twiztidjester's side. I'm sorry but if anything I find it very stupid to search a bag when you just entered the store. I can see perhaps when leaving but not when entering. That's very sad if you ask me.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Normally most of you would think I would side on with CC on this (as being a CC employee) but in this case I'm on twiztidjester's side. I'm sorry but if anything I find it very stupid to search a bag when you just entered the store. I can see perhaps when leaving but not when entering. That's very sad if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when leaving I could possibly see that a search could be in order. Especially with how fucked up those theft detectors are. You can be carrying nothing and those shits will go off.

[quote name='twiztidjester']The reason i want to call corprate is because I do not agree with the policy and would like to express my feelings about it.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. I'd expect them to politely tell you to get fucked.

Eh, Best Buy does the same thing. I brought in a Micro Center bag (gasp, horror) and the guy pulled out each game I had bought and stickered it. Cause, you know... I was going to plant this merchandise in their store so that they could sell it and make more money. It was pretty obnoxious how the guy grabbed the stuff out of my hand, but whatever. I already do what I can to fuck them over, so I can't really be offended by reciprocal activity.

The best was that as walking through the store, an associate incredulously asked me "Micro Center?" Yeah, its crazy when one enjoys shopping somewhere other than Best Buy, and even crazier when someone walks between stores so carries bags :p

I hate asshole customers who think they can do anything with that shaq-fuing corporate number , guess what they don't give a shit im an employee !

Im not saying this is you or this is your case , just that it has happened to me with a lot of bad customers !

[quote name='Limegreen']I hate asshole customers who think they can do anything with that shaq-fuing corporate number , guess what they don't give a shit im an employee !

Im not saying this is you or this is your case , just that it has happened to me with a lot of bad customers ![/QUOTE]

naw i use to work at that sore i wasnt trying to get any one in trouble or get any thing for free i was just trying to express a concern i had.

you overreacted a lot all he wanted to do was to check inside, when you go to sporting events with a bag like that and security asks to check inside do you pull stunts like that too?

[quote name='rodeojones903']You guys overreacted a ton. That is policy at many store, especially at this time of the year. Grow a back bone and move on.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean grow a back bone.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Normally most of you would think I would side on with CC on this (as being a CC employee) but in this case I'm on twiztidjester's side. I'm sorry but if anything I find it very stupid to search a bag when you just entered the store. I can see perhaps when leaving but not when entering. That's very sad if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, how is that called for? All you people saying he got a hard time cause he said no, well why shouldn't he? It's offensive to have someone ask to search your bag when you just entered a store. What if you had something embarassing in your bag or personal things you didn't want some LP punk rifling through? Upon leaving the store, I can understand these actions... but under this set of circumstances, no way.

I would be offended too. I'm a manager at a retail store and we don't participate in this practice. Yes, the store can and will enforce this rule, but imagine the message that this would send to most of your customers. I this particular instance, I believe that twiztidjester was singled out (or his friend) which in many a case would be discriminatory. I don't think that they were checking everyone. Usually you just pick out the ones that are acting suspicious. When one is just entering the store... ...that is a very quick rush to judgement imho.

Then again, I have had a run in with a CC manager who called me an asswhole for trying to pricematch an item. I probably deserved it since I was being a difficult customer and all, but I'm glad that the store manager did all he could to try and make it up to me. By the way, if you ever want to complain, make sure to go to the Store manager or the District/area manager. Usually, they don't have the time and hate to be called out by customers. Plus it has a more human touch to the sittuation. Not like corporate, who most of the time will err on the side of the policy.

[quote name='drsuper23']I would be offended too. I'm a manager at a retail store and we don't participate in this practice. Yes, the store can and will enforce this rule, but imagine the message that this would send to most of your customers. I this particular instance, I believe that twiztidjester was singled out (or his friend) which in many a case would be discriminatory. I don't think that they were checking everyone. Usually you just pick out the ones that are acting suspicious. When one is just entering the store... ...that is a very quick rush to judgement imho.

Then again, I have had a run in with a CC manager who called me an asswhole for trying to pricematch an item. I probably deserved it since I was being a difficult customer and all, but I'm glad that the store manager did all he could to try all he could to try and make it up to me. By the way, if you ever want to complain, make sure to go to the Store manager or the District/area manager. Usually, they don't have the time and hate to be called out by customers. Plus it has a more human touch to the sittuation. Not like corporate, who most of the time will err on the side of the policy.[/QUOTE]

The manager i talked to was the store manager. I wasnt trying to get anything done about it i called for two reasos. 1.To see if it was a real policy and 2. To express my feelings that it was a discriminatory policy.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='drsuper23']I would be offended too. I'm a manager at a retail store and we don't participate in this practice. Yes, the store can and will enforce this rule, but imagine the message that this would send to most of your customers. I this particular instance, I believe that twiztidjester was singled out (or his friend) which in many a case would be discriminatory. I don't think that they were checking everyone. Usually you just pick out the ones that are acting suspicious. When one is just entering the store... ...that is a very quick rush to judgement imho.

Then again, I have had a run in with a CC manager who called me an asswhole for trying to pricematch an item. I probably deserved it since I was being a difficult customer and all, but I'm glad that the store manager did all he could to try a [/QUOTE]

The manager i talked to was the store manager. I wasnt trying to get anything done about it i called for two reasos. 1.To see if it was a real policy and 2. To express my feelings that it was a discriminatory policy.

[quote name='twiztidjester']The manager i talked to was the store manager. I wasnt trying to get anything done about it i called for two reasos. 1.To see if it was a real policy and 2. To express my feelings that it was a discriminatory policy.[/QUOTE]

I hope that you're after an apology for them treating you like a potential shoplifter, which would definitively be wrong. Remember that everyone has a boss. It also depends on how far you're willing to take this and how much it pissed you off. You can always just not shop there and at least get the satisfaction that you're not giving them any money. That's what I do now. I could care less about CC, even if they have a great sale going on.

You said he had a DS and a PSP in the purse/bag. Let's say they didn't look in the carrying utensil before you entered the store. Think if the sensors had gone off when you were leaving, they search the bag and find the DS and PSP. Almost no one is going to believe that they're not stolen. Ultimately, if you don't want a bag searched don't take it in the store. Leave it in the car (assuming you're not using public transportation). Everybody knows that carrying any type of bag that can potentially be used to hide something into a store is going to result in either the contents being checked, the bag being left w/someone while you shop or being closely watched while in the store. Since you have worked in retail you should already know this. There is really no good reason for you to have gotten this worked up about it.

[quote name='neocisco']You said he had a DS and a PSP in the purse/bag. Let's say they didn't look in the carrying utensil before you entered the store. Think if the sensors had gone off when you were leaving, they search the bag and find the DS and PSP. Almost no one is going to believe that they're not stolen. Ultimately, if you don't want a bag searched don't take it in the store. Leave it in the car (assuming you're not using public transportation). Everybody knows that carrying any type of bag that can potentially be used to hide something into a store is going to result in either the contents being checked, the bag being left w/someone while you shop or being closely watched while in the store. Since you have worked in retail you should already know this. There is really no good reason for you to have gotten this worked up about it.[/QUOTE]

A used, potentially scratched system with games loaded in them that have save data etc etc? I'm pretty sure you could clear that up with little to no difficulty. I don't see how he was rude to the guy. He just took a stance and stood by it. It's not like he resorted to cussing or name calling (from what I read). He just insisted on not being searched.

[quote name='neocisco']You said he had a DS and a PSP in the purse/bag. Let's say they didn't look in the carrying utensil before you entered the store. Think if the sensors had gone off when you were leaving, they search the bag and find the DS and PSP. Almost no one is going to believe that they're not stolen. Ultimately, if you don't want a bag searched don't take it in the store. Leave it in the car (assuming you're not using public transportation). Everybody knows that carrying any type of bag that can potentially be used to hide something into a store is going to result in either the contents being checked, the bag being left w/someone while you shop or being closely watched while in the store. Since you have worked in retail you should already know this. There is really no good reason for you to have gotten this worked up about it.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt realy that worked up, Watching me is fine just dont walk 4 feet behind me.
And if they accused us of stealing the ds an psp i would have had them check the serial numbers.

[quote name='drsuper23']I hope that you're after an apology for them treating you like a potential shoplifter, which would definitively be wrong. Remember that everyone has a boss. It also depends on how far you're willing to take this and how much it pissed you off. You can always just not shop there and at least get the satisfaction that you're not giving them any money. That's what I do now. I could care less about CC, even if they have a great sale going on.[/QUOTE]

I am not after a apology, i also hardley ever shop there unless there is a deal i cant pass up. The reason why we were there was because i had to get my copy of windows xp i let one of the techs borrow.

Concidering there suposed to check the bags id understand..but when they do 'random checks' of there own merchandise bags that ive gone through in toher stores such as horrible ass k-mart.

Its just insulting there was actualy a kmart up the road from me that had such a bad shoplifting problem that they went through looking every single persons cart or bags.

After being searched 2 times in a week and being told that they search everyone around the holidays i never went back again.

Funny part is that k mart went out of buisness just a few months ago
:cool:

My suggestion to you if you really want to make a case is to take that bag your friend had and send a few of your female friends in the store witht he bag on different days if the don't search any of the girls I would then reconfront the mannager about your findings and mention sexual descrimination. then you can actually get somewhere maybe.

as a side note, they would have never done this if it were a girl, i know i can bring a back pack in a store and no one would say a thing but if hubby does it..... well that's somehow different cuz he has a penis i guess.

bread's done
Back