Circuit City's return policy

Broccoli Storm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Not sure if this is the right forum, so please move if it's not...

I seem to remember that Circuit City only accepts returns on the EXACT item you bought even with the receipt. What I mean is, let's say I bought one copy of a game at CC and another copy of the same game at BB. I seem to remember that you could not return the game from BB to CC even with the receipt because it's not the same exact copy you bought. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I think it would only apply to merchandise that have different SKUs. Like when they re-sticker something for their system

Exactly how could they do this?

Just ask the question that you want to ask..

You bought it at CC and then found it cheaper somewhere else.... you bought it there and want to return to CC with the CC receipt...

Can it be done?

Yes.

Simple as that.

Systems are different as they do have the serial number scanned at the time of sale.

Good luck on your return.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']Thanks for the help--I just could've sworn at one point, I tried to do this, and they didn't let me, but it didn't make sense to me why...[/QUOTE]

A few years back they used to stick a huge sticker on the back of the games plastic wrapper. That would allow them to distinguish what ones came from their store...

I haven't seen them use that in some time... And even then if you had a receipt I don't think they can deny you. the UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE (UPC for short) is just that Universal. It works at any store that carries that item unless that particular chain incorporates some internal bar code and sticks it on all the games etc...

[quote name='Snake2715']A few years back they used to stick a huge sticker on the back of the games plastic wrapper. That would allow them to distinguish what ones came from their store...

I haven't seen them use that in some time... And even then if you had a receipt I don't think they can deny you. the UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE (UPC for short) is just that Universal. It works at any store that carries that item unless that particular chain incorporates some internal bar code and sticks it on all the games etc...[/quote]

There are different UPCs for some products at different stores for various reasons. Different "bonuses" or exclusive artwork are some examples. So the "same game" from another store won't always work. But if the UPC matches, then they have no way of proving that it came from another store.

[quote name='Ziv']There are different UPCs for some products at different stores for various reasons. Different "bonuses" or exclusive artwork are some examples. So the "same game" from another store won't always work. But if the UPC matches, then they have no way of proving that it came from another store.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

bread's done
Back