CircuitCity Clearance 12/7 - Okami $16.96 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, we got a new list of games this week for Clearance. I won't be able to post the entire list until Friday(next time I work) but there were some gems in there. If someone has posted this or has the full list, do what you need to with this thread(long time reader, first time posting a thread like this)

Here is what I can remember(I'll add more games as I remember them until I get the list):

OKAMI PS2 $16.96

any thoughts on Gundam Crossfire for $16.96? I love gundam and I thought Journey to Jaburo was decent and that was the last gundam game I played

I had to search the entire ps2 section but i found the last copy of okami. If the wii version turns out to be superior, i'll just ebay this or something.

My Circuit City in Austin didn't have any of these games marked as on sale, but I purchased Okami and Battle for Middle Earth 2 which both rang up correctly at 16.96. I'm going to try to go back tomorrow and get some additional games -- this time I'm bringing the list with me.

It's amazing how a post like this on CAG can really affect the prices on ebay and such so quickly. Just yesterday before this post Okami was selling for $60+, now prices have slumped to about $40 and I'm sure it will go down as more CAG's buy to resell.

[quote name='ITDEFX']im gonna wait for the Wii version... it has to be better no?[/QUOTE]

The Wii version should be better because it is going to run on superior hardware. The company (or Capcom themselves, I forget) stated it would be a straight port. More than likely, it will load faster and look sharper than its PS2 counterpart ... at least in theory.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']any thoughts on Gundam Crossfire for $16.96? I love gundam and I thought Journey to Jaburo was decent and that was the last gundam game I played[/QUOTE]

GS gave it a 3.3.

Most reviews pan it as the worst PS3 game available.

I'm a sucker for Gundam games, so I got it. I haven't played it yet. It will probably suck, but oh well. I want it for my collection of games anyways :)

I want Genji to get marked down to $16.96. It probably sucks, but I want it.

I already beat all of my PS3 games, so I'm trying to buy and beat the crappy ones now.

Geez.... I spent like 200.00 bucks tonight because of this thread ! I cannot go to the store alone anymore ! oh by the way NBA 2K7 for the 360 is $16.96 as well :)

[quote name='unjust']Geez.... I spent like 200.00 bucks tonight because of this thread ! I cannot go to the store alone anymore ! oh by the way NBA 2K7 for the 360 is $16.96 as well :)[/QUOTE]

Good God man!

What the hell did you buy?

just got back from 2 different CC the first didn't have anything but the children of mana. Scored on the second trip got the last Okami, def jam (for trade) and Metal slug.

[quote name='prmononoke']I actually managed to find two copies of Okami, though I only picked up one. If it's still there tomorrow, I may pick the other one up. I also got Full Auto 2 and Elite Beat Agents.

Shrike, I believe you had wanted someone to pick up Full Auto 2 if you couldn't find it? If the other copy is still there, and my friends don't want it, I could probably go ahead and do that for you.[/quote]I found Full Auto 2 and Children of Mana this evening, so I'm good there. Thanks for the offer to pick it up.

Got the last Okami at the Santa Monica, CA store. I then walked down to Banana Republic and got a corduroy jacket for $54.99 down from $179.99. The last stop was Sears right by the 10 freeway and got a Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 remote for 32.97.

[quote name='Donnums']Metal Slug Anthology Wii $16.96
Elebits Wii $16.96[/QUOTE]

HOT DAMN, I just saw these (and Okami) the other day at the closest CC.

Might just jump on 'em.

Oh, interesting note about my trip, by the way... you know those little white plastic backers with the name of the game on them? The ones that 'organize' (HA!) the sections? They already had one up for Nights: Journey of Dreams, and an empty shelf. I thought that was *extremely* odd. No fanfare or anything, just a white placard thing. Strange.

So, anyone, on the note of nothing like what I was talking about... does anyone happen to have an extra Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) they'd like to sell? They were sold out at mine, and the next time I'll even be anywhere near another CC is in about two weeks, which unfortunately won't help my quest to find it. Thanks. :)

I'm sad, I don't think Okami and I were meant to be. Went to three CC's not one in stock. Looked like the bins were ravaged too. A ton of smashed box gba games though haha.

[quote name='shrike4242']I found Full Auto 2 and Children of Mana this evening, so I'm good there. Thanks for the offer to pick it up.[/quote]

No problem, glad you were able to find it.

[quote name='shoelace1976']I just got Lunar Knights for the DS for 16.96 at the CC in Northridge, CA. Thanks for the tip!!!![/QUOTE]yooooo~~~~

I picked up the last copy at that location!!!

(the CC at Stevenson Ranch didnt have LK)

this is my picked up the last copy dance!!

oh yeay~~!!

Wow, CAG is making me go broke. I ran out and picked up Okami and Full Auto 2 tonight. I actually really enjoyed the demo of Full Auto 2, but I wasn't going to pay $60 for it. Now at $16, it's a steal. I'm also hoping I enjoy Okami. That one is a bit of a shot in the dark, but the reviews sold me on it.

I went up to the guy at Circuit City and asked him to scan the games to see what price they were and he looked at me, then the prices listed on the front ($60 and $40 respectively) and then looked back at me like I was retarded. I told him that I heard that these games were going on sale tomorrow but weren't marked yet. He then gave me another look like he didn't believe me, but that he'd humor me and scan them in.

He scanned them in and they came up on sale for $16 each, and the smugness was whiped right off of his face. I just smiled and said, thanks, ring them up.

Oh and my Circuit City in Appleton, WI had about 15 copies of Okami, and I got the last Full Auto 2.

:bomb:

[quote name='JEKKI']yooooo~~~~

I picked up the last copy at that location!!!

(the CC at Stevenson Ranch didnt have LK)

this is my picked up the last copy dance!!

oh yeay~~!![/QUOTE]
thatd be awesome if the baby in the av did that dance

SOrry kind of off topic here but I did not know where to ask this question and did not want to create a new thread. Anyway I was wondering If I can return a product to any circuit city or does it have to be the one from the place I originally purchased.

Man, I had my goal set on Okami and forgot that Children of Mana was on sale. I asked an employee if they had Okami in stock and the employee queried it in the system and it reported one in stock. I searched 2 of the big bins without any success and then searched the entire PS2 section looking behind every single game starting from A to Z. After looking at the very last game did I find the Okami I was looking for.

[quote name='Jonathan360']As long as you have a receipt, any CC.[/QUOTE]

thank you weee I can go to one near my work then during my lunch hour =D

[quote name='opportunity777']Good God man!

What the hell did you buy?[/quote]

Lunar Knights DS 16.96
Tiger Woods 07 xbox360 16.96
Dragon Ball Z wii 16.96
NBA 2K7 xbox360 16.96
Elebits Wii 16.96
Okami PS2 16.96
Metal Slug Wii 16.96
Elite Beat Agents DS 16.96

Then I went to best buy .....ugh..

[quote name='guinaevere']So Parappa goes on clearance and they still haven't dropped Bomberman Land Touch? argh.[/QUOTE]
the sequel is supposedly coming out next month

Picked up Lunar Knights. Didn't find Metal Slug or Okami. Just noticed Children of Mana (ds) so I will add it to my list as my search for Okami and MS Anthology continues. Hopefully, OP has a chance to update the list before I go out.

This may be a silly question covered in a previous CC price drop thread, but if the title is still on the shelves and hasn't been marked for clearance will it ring up as the clearance price or for the stickered price in that store? I mean, you know, if I try and buy something that's marked 29.99 but it's "the list" on page one, which price will I get?

I went to 2 CC's Thurs night. One had no indication that the games were on clearance and they were in the regular stacks (so, to answer your question PacManess, YES they will ring up on clearance). The second had them marked $16.96 and in a bin with the older clearance stuff. Neither had Okami, but I noticed a plastic divider in the PS2 section labeled with Okami so I'm assuming they had a few but either tagged them and put them out and promptly sold them or some other CAG or more nefarious type swooped them all up from the regular stacks. This was at the Clackamas, OR store so if anyone here did so fess up ;).

Both stores had pretty much everything else. I found the only copy of Kororinpa at either store, though, and that was my big target so I did OK.

I'm actually pissed that Okami went on clearance (though it's availability seems limited) because just a few days ago I listed mine on ebay since I never got around to opening my PS2 (preordered) copy and figured I would rather play the recently announced Wii version instead. I was hoping to get the cash back ($40 after fees) to pay for said Wii version. That may not happen now... If only this clearance could have been AFTER Christmas :lol:.

[quote name='PacManess']This may be a silly question covered in a previous CC price drop thread, but if the title is still on the shelves and hasn't been marked for clearance will it ring up as the clearance price or for the stickered price in that store? I mean, you know, if I try and buy something that's marked 29.99 but it's "the list" on page one, which price will I get?[/QUOTE]

THE CLEARANCE PRICE... them not marking games is a good thing for the informed bargain hunters as most people will overlook an older 49.99 or more games, even if the true price is 16.96 because they dont know about it

I picked up Okami (marked 39.99 sticker)
Metal Slug (marked 16.96)
Elebits (marked 16.96)
and Full Auto (marked 39.99)

I'm going to have to check on Elebits. I had the game, but traded it in before I had the chance to play it. I heard it's quite good.

[quote name='io']I'm actually pissed that Okami went on clearance (though it's availability seems limited) because just a few days ago I listed mine on ebay since I never got around to opening my PS2 (preordered) copy and figured I would rather play the recently announced Wii version instead. I was hoping to get the cash back ($40 after fees) to pay for said Wii version. That may not happen now... If only this clearance could have been AFTER Christmas :lol:.[/quote]

Wow, that sucks. A couple of months ago when I was looking for new copies Okami on eBay, there were usually only ~5 copies listed and they all ended up ~$40-45 with shipping. And it was like this for a few months. I lucked out and was quick to the draw on a buy it now of $20 and change and scored one. Now, I see there are a lot more listed and one of them even has CC label on it.

IMO, it's probably more about people finding out about the Wii version and deciding to hold out on that than people finding a whole bunch of them at CC because a lot of the CCs I went to didn't have copies and the one or two that did only had one.

Mine's still sealed and I'm also holding out to see how the Wii version is and then might sell mine if it's that much better.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']don't forget if you buy 6 of $16.96 games(over $100) you can use $15 off coupon.[/quote]
I remember seeing it but I can't seem to find or locate that coupon/thread under any search terms that I'm using. Does anyone have a link to that thread? Many thanks in advance!

[quote name='zman73']I couldnt find any of the coupons... sometimes I can snag them, this time they were out[/quote]

I looked on Slickdeals and it seems these coupon codes are unique...I guess I'll have to find some instore. Thanks.

[quote name='RandyTsai']ninja gaiden black is on clearance too[/QUOTE]
Wow how the fuck did you find that? Its been $16.96 at CC for almost an entire year now.

[quote name='freshzen']Wow how the fuck did you find that? Its been $16.96 at CC for almost an entire year now.[/quote] My CC has one in the clearance bin.

Armored Core PS3 is $16 though?... might have to pick it up.

Last night at the North Austin ArborWalk CC, I picked up Tomb Raider: Legend for 16.96. It was still labeled 29.99; as far as I saw, they were still all labeled their old price.

Picked up:
Okami
Elebits

I found 2 boxes for Elebits, but one was a display copy and they couldnt find a second copy. I saw 3 copies of Trauma Center DS, but going to wait till Monday to pick them up if they are still there. No luck on Metal Slug though :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back