City of Villians with Awesome Pre-Order Bonuses

Friedle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
NCSoft just dropped this e-mail in my inbox. If you pre-order City of Villans you get a nice little bonus kit.

Pre-Order Bonus Package:

• Beta Access to City of Villains™
  • Two-day head-start – Play City of Villains before it ships to the public!
  • An exclusive In-game Item
  • Limited Edition “Lord Recluse vs. Statesman™” poster
  • 14 Day FREE TRIAL of City of Heroes® for you AND a friend
  • CD-ROM includes videos, art, wallpapers, screenshots, Rogue Isles map, City of Heroes® comic book, and more!
The deal is good at:

EBGames.com
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243478.asp

GameStop
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B645780A

The e-mail also said Best Buy and CompUSA, but I couldn't find links for them. I guess they are in-store only at the moment.

hmm, I might try out the beta, if I decide to start playing mmorpgs again, Quit WoW and Guild Wars, I can't hold interest in them lol.

Question is, will NCSoft allow acess to CoV and CoH for the same subscription, or do you have to buy 2 different subscriptions?

[quote name='Prepster']hmm, I might try out the beta, if I decide to start playing mmorpgs again, Quit WoW and Guild Wars, I can't hold interest in them lol.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with SWG, WoW, Guild Wars, and RYL. After the first month or so I just loose interest. I'm playing CoH at them moment. Not sure how much longer that will last. :p

[quote name='Logain8955']Question is, will NCSoft allow acess to CoV and CoH for the same subscription, or do you have to buy 2 different subscriptions?[/QUOTE]

I'd hope so. Or at least a discounted rate.

[quote name='Friedle']
I'd hope so. Or at least a discounted rate.[/QUOTE]

Of the rumors i've heard, the one that makes the most sense is that a subscription to one will run the typical 15-ish bucks a month, while a subscription to both will only be 1-5 bucks a month more....they'd lost too many customers if you have to pay full price for both, and wouldn't make enough if they let you get both for the same price...

On another topic, anyone know what the in-game items are for Best Buy and Compusa are? Gamestop let's you have a Helm of the Blood Widows, while EBgames gets you a crab spider Battle Helmet, but i've heard nothing from anywhere else...

[quote name='infinitepez']Of the rumors i've heard, the one that makes the most sense is that a subscription to one will run the typical 15-ish bucks a month, while a subscription to both will only be 1-5 bucks a month more....they'd lost too many customers if you have to pay full price for both, and wouldn't make enough if they let you get both for the same price...
[/QUOTE]

BAH! I'm not paying more per month for an expansion, no matter how badass nor how standalone it is. Guess I'll keep waiting for DDO.

Woo!!! Awesome....I've been waiting for this game/expansion/whatever for so long. I've been sort of idling in CoH, and letting my family play my account. Just awesome. I'll be sapped and sucked away from reality for another 2-3 months at least and I've found MMORPGing to be the ultimate cheapass way to game. Look at it this way, the games suck up so much time and are so addictive that you only pay $15 or so a month for games. That's great.

[quote name='Logain8955']BAH! I'm not paying more per month for an expansion, no matter how badass nor how standalone it is. Guess I'll keep waiting for DDO.[/QUOTE]

It's not an expansion.

It is an expansion to City of Heroes. There is a reason why a 14 day trial is given to City of Heroes. Therefore, you could play city of villians on your COH subscription.

The only way to play PvP in CoH is to own both CoH and CoV. 'Seperate' games don't grant access to features in other games, especially major features which are going to be the sole reason some people will be playing the game. Its an expansion pack. They're just screwing around with terminology to get extra money.

Well, I take that back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_pack

A good example of a "stand-alone expansion pack sequel" is GTAIII's successors, Vice City and San Andreas. Since Vice City (and San Andreas) only used enhanced versions of the GTAIII engine, modification of game content (which had become popular with GTAIII) exploded to a frenzy of mods after each PC release.

And I'm guessing CoV doesn't use a whole new engine.

Still though, it's not an expansion pack in the traditional sense.

Cryptic took too long to address the issue of additional fees. During e3, I was gung-ho to even pay an additional $5 for both CoH and CoV.

However, when interviewers were informed not to ask Jack about such things is when I lost interest.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even go as far as an additional $10 a month.

I'm sure it'll be great as CoH is/was, but these companies need to learn if they don't respond to their fanbase...we'll just move onto the next big thing.

It uses the same servers, it uses the same engine, it interacts with CoH, it has the same base gameplay, it's just more content.

It's an expansion.

bread's done
Back