CIV 5 $20; 2K games (Borderlands, Mafia 1+2, Civ5) discounted @ Green Man Gaming

Woolagaroo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/promo...77ea2810d-2K_week_17_02_2011&utm_medium=email

Green Man Gaming is offering discounts on select 2K games for the next couple days.
Mafia (Feb 17): $2.49 (75% off)
Borderlands (Feb 18): ~$10 (50 % off)
Civilization 5 (Feb 19): ~$20? (50% off)
Mafia 2 (Feb 20): ~$20 (50% off)

I should also note that Borderlands is not GOTY (so who cares?). Civ 5 seems like a good deal, I'll probably be in for that.

Edit: Looking at the Green Man Gaming page, I have come to realize that Civ 5 may be even cheaper. The game may still be $50 most places (including Steam), but GMG lists their price as $39.95, so 5-% off would be around $20. Either way, it's still cheaper than Steam's weekend deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']civ 5, is that only for pc, no mac?[/QUOTE]

I think this is a steamplay game. So if you buy it once, you'll have it for both mac and pc.

Should warn everyone that my bank literally wouldn't let me buy this with my debit card. I kept getting some error through visa protection, and then I called the bank and after arguing for 20 minutes, she basically said we don't allow purchases through this company because of "fraud history". I personally would have still purchased it, but in the end just bought the amazon price match of steam with credit I had saved. I just wanna dominate with the Chinese.

[quote name='Big Matty Kane'] I just wanna dominate with the Chinese.[/QUOTE]

Why? They seem to be doing well enough without you:hot:

Snagged a copy of Civ 5 - totally painless. I just registered with GMG, paid w/ PP and activated the code on Steam all in a span of about 3 minutes. Downloading now. Thanks OP! :)

Paid with paypal, got the code and playing it with no fuss and no muss incase anyone was having doubts about it working.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']civ 5, is that only for pc, no mac?[/QUOTE]

Registers and downloads just fine on Mac. As noted, it's Steamplay, so once you register the key on Steam, you get both Windows and Mac versions automatically.

I heard ti can be even cheapo\er at d2d with their 10 dollar for 20 gift card purchase and stack 20% off coupon.... good for those who can't get this deal.

so basically I just got fucked....I bought it via paypal and by the time it went to confirm the purchase theyve removed CIV 5 from the site

WTF! So now I have 20 dollars to spend on this site. Bullfuckingshit I want CIV 5 or a refund!

They're out, heres the response:

alan, Feb-19 22:05 (GMT):I'm sorry for the problem. We didn't anticipate such a high demand and we have run out of keys to give to people. We will honor your purchase as soon as we can get more keys from the publisher on Monday, or refund your money, again on Monday.
Please accept our apologies for this problem.
Alan Lenton
Green Man Gaming

Ah I forgot, you also use the hailtothechief code. I'm not completely sure this works yet, I read it off a different site. Still waiting to get the code from that WeShop site and then ill post back here if it works.

[quote name='Joker5743']Ah I forgot, you also use the hailtothechief code. I'm not completely sure this works yet, I read it off a different site. Still waiting to get the code from that WeShop site and then ill post back here if it works.[/QUOTE]

Damn I haven't received my WeShop code either, I hope it arrives before the hailtothechief code goes inactive...

[quote name='dudejeff22']Damn I haven't received my WeShop code either, I hope it arrives before the hailtothechief code goes inactive...[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Damn, I saw this on WeShop: "1) What do I get?
A. You'll be emailed an exclusive discount code number that you can use at Direct2Drive.com. Fulfillment time varies by product, ranging from 1-5 business days."

Make it sound like you'll get the code on Monday, which the 20% code will probably be dead by then. A shame, since I was thinking of using both to preorder Brink.

Well, I still haven't gotten anything back from WeShop yet but the presidents day code for direct2drive is suppose to last till tuesday so it should still be okay.

[quote name='Joker5743']Well, I still haven't gotten anything back from WeShop yet but the presidents day code for direct2drive is suppose to last till tuesday so it should still be okay.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good catch. I might roll the dice and try getting one of those codes from WeShop then.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']finally got to register on steam! good game civilization 5! Now I wonder if I can install the game on multiple computers!, is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. If you want to PLAY on multiple computers at once it gets more questionable and tricky, but installing on however many computers you want and playing them one at a time is fine.

Thank you for the reply. I just want to install it on a friend's Computer so that she can play. I am not worried about multiplayer for her. For me I'll be gaming it online! Lol

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I don't know what it is with friedram's comment. It was very uncalled for. I don't even know if you would call that sarcasm. So much for respect.[/QUOTE]

You are talking about duplicating a copy of a game you purchased so that someone who has not purchased the game may play it. That is generally not a well-received activity, particularly by the developers themselves, who surely would prefer she purchase the game for herself. There is very little respect for people who do that sort of thing, such as yourself.

[quote name='Isurus']Got CIV5 for 15 after 5$ trade-in of kings bounty, which I got free from them. :)[/QUOTE]

Slick move! Way to be a CAG!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']hmmm...paid 20 dollars paypal, it confirmed it, but Civ 5 isnt showing up in my games AND the page is giving a 404 error...ruh roh![/QUOTE]

You need to activate the product on steam manually by copying into Steam the product key that Green Man sent you. Check your order email from Green Man Games, it has the following instructions:

4. In the bottom left hand corner of the [Steam] client is a "+ Add a game..." button. Click it.
5. Select "Activate a product on Steam".
6. Paste in the product activation key (listed below).
7. After a couple of minutes Steam will authenticate the code.
8. Click on "Library". You should see you game in the Library.
9. Click on your game to start downloading it.
Activation keys:
[This is where your key will be]

Alright, so I just got the code from WeShop today and it looks like you cant stack it with the presidents day code which sucks but you can still get Civ V for $20 bucks using this so its not a bad deal.

For everyone in the same boat of paying for Civ V but then not being able to get the code I just received this:

Sid Meier's Civilization V incomplete order

We're very sorry that your purchase of Sid Meier's Civilization V did not go through as it should have, and you were unable to get your game. The reason for this is that far more people than we ever expected jumped at the great offer, and we sold out of the thousands of game keys we thought would be enough.
We are working as quickly as we can to get more keys, but the folks at 2K in the USA are on holiday today (it is President's Day) and they said they'll be sending them to us tomorrow.
We apologise for all this trouble and hope you accept a copy of Grand Ages: Rome, in addition to your purchase of Sid Meier's Civilization V, as a thank you gift for bearing with us. To get your copy of Grand Ages: Rome please visit:

Pretty classy move on their part and certainly beyond what they were required to do. You get an extra free game and the original one you wanted, albeit a few days later. That's fine with me.

bread's done
Back