Civilization Revolution PS3

Drummerlp2000

CAG Veteran
So i waited a long time for this game and i'm glad to say that it exceeded my expectations :applause:. I love this game and can't seem to put it down. I just wish that it had trophy support. what does everyone else think of this game and why does it seem that no one is playing it online? It also isn't getting the recognition it deserves IMO:cry:.

I played the demo for the first time on Friday and ran out to Best Buy to buy it as soon as I finished (I don't buy games at full retail either). Game stole my whole weekend from me and I'm sure I will be spending much more of my life playing it. This game would have been the poster boy for trophys as well, so I'm sad to see no support yet.

There's definitely some slowdown issues and it froze on me at the main menu yesterday, but it doesn't detract from the game. My only qualm is that when you're far into it and have numerous cities it is a pain to have to click through them all when they build shit so quick. But I guess I'm going to have to notch up the difficulty again so that doesn't happen

I played the demo. Love the Civ serie. I'm kind of afraid of getting this, just cause I'm used to playing Civ games on the PC now, though ironically my first entry into the Civ serie was Civ 2 on the playstation with like five minutes of waiting between years. Heh, and well I'm afraid I'll get addicted again with that one more turn attitude and never stop. Damn you Sid Meier.

Is there any multiplayer support? Online or off?

I'm shocked they got this to run so well on consoles. I was a little nervous that it was going to be dumbed down from the PC titles. I suppose some things have been simplified somewhat but it still plays like a Civ game. This is my vote for the most replay value on the PS3 right now. I really like that they track which civilizations you've won with(as well as how you've won) and the difficultly settings you've won with for that Civ.

It's gonna take a hell of a lot of time to complete all of that.

I really love this game (> 20 hrs on demo) but can't find myself dipping $60 for it (cheap-o here). I'll prolly end up buying it used or on eBay.

However, I have played the DS version extensively (mostly on deity) and it's still very addictive but it definitely lacks in presentation, online rankings, and DLC.

BTW, no in-game music and trophies stinks. I even created a custom soundtrack in anticipation for this game.

I had a blast with previous entries of the series (PC). I played the demo for a few hours and loved it. I'm just trying to hold off on buying it til I've got more free time (namely September), since I know once I buy it it'll suck up ALL of my spare time. We'll see how strong my will power is.

this game never gets old just because of how much it changes every time you play it plus the game of the week, scenario, different difficulties, diff ways of winning, and dlc all add extremely long life. Plus when u play online (i've only been able to play with friends so far because i can never seem to find a random game online:bomb:) it's a blast

i've been playing the demo for a few days and am looking to buy it soon, but just read somewhere that there is a cap to the # of turns in a game...is this true? I don't really understand why they would want to do that except to rush development and/or keep people from losing jobs, wives, anything else that might require a little time. Would it even be possible to change that? maybe I should wait for civ:rev II.

been seeing ads for this. I didnt know it was coming out already. Its been a loooong time since I have -played a civ game.

Maybe on the to buy list.

So this game is real? I looked everywhere for it for like a week after it was released and found one 360 copy and zero PS3 copies. Maybe I'll have to look again.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']does anyone have a code for the DLC or know where/how I can get one?[/quote]

Certain stores had DLC vouchers packed in with the game. I got one from Best Buy and I know Gamestop and one or two other places received games with the vouchers, but they were extremely limited and the game sold pretty good at release. There may be some stores still selling them new with the voucher, but probably not. I know the DLC will be available for purchase later on.

[quote name='mi3nboi']Does this game have like a story mode or something? because i played the ds version and they didn't have anything like that.[/quote]

Not so much. The DS version is supposed to be a pretty faithful scaled down version. On the PS3 you pick a mode (single player, multi, game of the week, scenario, ect), a difficulty, and a leader and go from there. I was so fanatical about the demo that I bought it brand new a few days after release (I *rarely* buy games full price from b&m stores) but my interest has waned significantly since there is no story mode/trophies/anything to warrant replay value besides just liking the game.

Got it on Friday. So Awesome. I enjoy this game. 40 dollars is a great price for it new.

well i have a sad update, i traded it in lol. No one played it online and no trophies made it to where i never played. helped me get dragon age for 10$ lol.

Is anyone still playing this.
I recently boorowed from a friend and and liking it a bunch.
Its pulled me away from Sacred 2.

[quote name='option.iv']md plays it like it's his religion.[/QUOTE]

haha no shit huh. if hes not playing socom its civ rev.

yes sir #3 ranked in the world last week a couple D/C messed me up and dropped me a bunch of places . workin my way back up tho

Maybe we can play a game.\
I think its cool but sometimes it gets a lil crazy to handle all the cities and the end was that thrilling when i won.

I did like crushing the other cities.
I love WAR

bread's done
Back