Civilization V $11.98 at Greenmangaming (Steam activatable)

Purchased and activated on Steam, thanks!

Edit: they give you the code at purchase, can just copy/paste into steam activation, no need to DL capsule.

[quote name='jstew9']Purchased and activated on Steam, thanks![/QUOTE]
Phew! I got it on Gamersgate when it was on offer there, so I wasn't 100% sure this deal would actually work (with the direct link being broken), so thanks for the confirmation. :D

Already got this, bought it when it came out for $50. Sad to see later I could have gotten it for 1/5th the price. And yet, I don't regret my purchase.

[quote name='MysterD']Wow, that's a heck of a good deal.
Too bad RTS's usually just ain't my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

Good thing it's not an RTS!

Torn between buying this and waiting for a Civ V complete edition. Is the DLC signiificant? I see there is like $40 worth of it.

I looked at the DLC extensively while it was in Steam's summer sale and most of it is basically-worthless map packs. Only the Babylonian DLC and the Viking DLC are good, apparently.

Personally, I'd grab Civ V now and add those two when they're decently discounted (eg 75% off) in a future sale. This being a Steamworks game, the DLC can be on sale anywhere, so it's not like we're waiting for Steam's next big sale. ;)

(Take a look, they activate on Steam no matter where you buy 'em: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-civilization-and-scena-2/ )

this is very tempting. I had a ton of fun with Civ 4 and Civ 5 looks like a lot of fun. Now to decide whether to buy it or not...

[quote name='Taboner']No Mac version?[/QUOTE]

It has Steamplay on Steam, so I would assume activating it through Steam would give you the Mac version...that said, I haven't tried it yet but am considering it.

Awesome. I looked it up and it works for Mac too. I can't get past user registration though...invalid date of birth? what?

[quote name='Taboner']Awesome. I looked it up and it works for Mac too. I can't get past user registration though...invalid date of birth? what?[/QUOTE]

They're a UK company, so they use the DAY/MONTH/YEAR. Had the same problem til I looked closer. Might be your problem?

I'm about to get a new computer, if I activate it on Steam can I install it on my new computer too?

Edit:
Can I use my Steam account on other computers?

You may use your Steam account on any machine which can connect to the Steam network - Steam allows you to download and install any games registered to your account as soon as you log in.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8963-EIKC-3767#multiple

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mikespit1']If anyone needs help gifting please PM me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah real pain in the neck, cant buy multiple copies and cant add credit card to more than one acct as well as no gifting option and no "remove credit card on file" button. Nightmare so far.

Sister is happy, but now I'm screwed, bah!

Awesome! I got King's Bounty from them for free awhile ago, but never played it and was able to trade it in...which seems weird to trade in a digital copy of a game. Anyway - traded it in for 2.50 to lower the cost! Activating it to steam now!

I keep getting these errors;

Sorry, the card authorisation was declined by your bank.
Sorry, but it seems that you are not authorised to use this card.

I tried both a Visa credit and debit card and I know they're valid and they're both US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not pass up $12 for this. I mean the most I can see it dropping to is $9.99 sometime. Plus it's another game to play on my new gaming PC. :D

[quote name='strdr4']I keep getting these errors;

Sorry, the card authorisation was declined by your bank.
Sorry, but it seems that you are not authorised to use this card.

I tried both a Visa credit and debit card and I know they're valid and they're both US.[/QUOTE]

I was getting the card authorization decline as well. Turned out the auto fraud protector my bank uses was blocking it. I got a call shortly after I tried to place the order from my bank. Went over the situation, explained yes it was me. Told me everything should be ok now. Went back and reordered and went through without a hitch.:)

I figure it was because Greenmangaming is a overseas base company it sent up a red flag, but I've bought numerous stuff from Japan & Germany without a problem before so I don't know.

This game is awesome, this price is INSANE. Keep in mind the collector's editions of the Civ games that preceded this one only drop lower than this about 6 times a year.

[quote name='ianoid']Comes up as $39.95 when I click that link in first post. Dead?[/QUOTE]

Dead. It was yesterday's deal.

(I waffled too long and missed it too.)

bread's done
Back