Classic Controller and Nunchuk Controller for the Wii $33.17 shipped@CDUniverse

Great deal, much easier than running around town for these (Which I did this morning)... works out about $1 more than Circuit City's price after tax, which is worth being able to stop waiting. And Google checkout rocks!

(and I've been really happy with CD Universe from these deals of late, I think I'll be using them more often.. even after the huge sales stop! ;) )

Thanks, although I suspect that one or both of these items may be backordered. But it's worth a shot, and easy to cancel.

If does indeed gets backordered,doesnt ordering via google checkout you will get charged right away after placing your order? Thats how buy.com and google do it,I dont know about cduniverse.

If does indeed gets backordered,doesnt ordering via google checkout you will get charged right away after placing your order? Thats how buy.com via google checkout do it, I dont know about cduniverse.

I got 2 Classic Controllers for the same price. All I need is 2 really (which I think most people would need for multiplayer)

[quote name='FlipSide']If does indeed gets backordered,doesnt ordering via google checkout you will get charged right away after placing your order? Thats how buy.com via google checkout do it, I dont know about cduniverse.[/QUOTE]

I ordered several items through CDUniverse and Google Checkout and the credit card statement in front of me shows they were charged when they shipped, not when they were ordered (at least for the preorders).

I ordered the Wii Nunchuk and classic controller. Hope they do ship soon. I also order the Wii Remote from the official nintendo store online. It was about $45 after tax and shipping for the remote. I preordered the system at Gamestop. Waited 2 hours on line for a system I preordered. Everyone went as soon as they opened guess they dont want to take a chance with Gamestop. They took each person in one at a time.

One lady argued for 20 minutes that they messed up her preorder and they said she only preordered a nunchuk and not a remote and they only had 8 remotes and couldnt give her one cause they were for people who preordered them. She was almost crying saying how can I play Wii Sports with 2 player now without 2 remotes. And they wouldnt help any other customers till she left.

They had no extra Zeldas which I preordered or any extra accessories. Then I had to go out so I couldnt go to TRU which I heard had s bunch of Wii stuff. I figure all stores must be out of contollers, remotes and nunchuks by now so trying online.

[quote name='souleman96']Does anyone realize that they also have the Wii Remote... which with Google Checkout you can get for $36.28?

I got it...

Soule[/QUOTE]

The Wii Remote says available February 15th 2007. I ordered one from the offical Nintendo store regular price with shipping. And ordered the Nunchuk and Classic controller which say November 20th on cduniverse site. But now the site says Wii Remote November 20th also So Im confused. What are the odds the controllers, nunchuks and remotes all shipping tommorow?

As of 6 pm EST, nothing's shipped and the items still say "available" today for preorder. Has anyone called to see whether these are actually in stock?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']can't we just use our gamecube controller for the classic stuff?
or is the classic controller necessary?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game. They tell you what you can use when you go to the games description on the store page on the Wii. Most Nes games work perfect with Wii Remote turned sideways. And I think most games or maybe even all games use the Gamecube controlller. The classic controller is just if you want to play Genesis, SNES, nad Turbo Grafx games and have that old school feel while playing.

Anyone confirm if these orders are shipping? My status is "Processing..." but the items themselves say "Backordered since 11/20"

[quote name='pscloud']Anyone confirm if these orders are shipping? My status is "Processing..." but the items themselves say "Backordered since 11/20"[/quote]

I ordered over a month ago - they told me their shipment didnt come in this week because only major retailers are getting theirs. They said they would ship the nunchucks at least starting next week, so I am just going to cancel my order (since I used CCs deal)

[quote name='jack001']I ordered over a month ago - they told me their shipment didnt come in this week because only major retailers are getting theirs. They said they would ship the nunchucks at least starting next week, so I am just going to cancel my order (since I used CCs deal)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I canceled my order too. No more preorders for me at CDUniverse!

So they are getting them sometime next week? I can wait then. I had ordered 2 for $33.17 (which is pretty much all I need, and I like that deal I got on them.. so I don't really wanna cancel :(

Though, if nothing by next weekend then I'll cancel. These things shouldn't be too hard find soon.

Anybody heard anything the last few days on these shipping anytime soon? I've still got a nunchuk controller and classic controller on backorder. Grrrr.

yeah i wouldnt wait for them i ordered zelda about a week before launch, and it got on backorder an di just had to cancel it yesterday since all my local stores have tons of them and i picked it up locally. all i need now is a damn nunchuck that noone seems to carry.

My orders are both still backordered :bomb: ... I will give them about one week and then i am cancelling my order too.

I got this email @ 11:30 CST last night:

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in. After 1/4/2007 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home page." Thank you for shopping at CD Universe!
This sucks. Don't sell something if you can't get any of them dumb@sses!

I got sick and tired of waiting, bought them at Circuit City this morning and cancelled the CD Universe order. Saving a couple of bucks on each controller just wasn't worth waiting and waiting. FWIW, I also saw about a dozen classic controllers on the shelf at my local TRU at noon today, so might be worth checking your closest store if you need those.

bread's done
Back