Classic Controller for .01

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']$8 for a classic controller is still great, especially if you can buy 3 and only get 1 shipping charge.[/QUOTE]

i think it will charge you shipping 3 times since its not directly from amazon

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']$8 for a classic controller is still great, especially if you can buy 3 and only get 1 shipping charge.[/QUOTE]
Can't, it charges 8 per controller

you can combine shipping but it depends on the seller.

i have combined shipping from amazon third party sellers but this vendor wont do it for you.

That is a great deal, but then again, you don't necessarily have to jump on it right now. They're pretty cheap on eBay, etc. as well.

I think it's just for humor's sake and the futile hope that someone will in turn humor them back by buying it. Though if you think that's bad, get this: I once saw Valkyrie Profile (PS1) listed for $25,000. Long story short, I'm off-topic.

This + Madworld = $14. A good deal even if you don't have a Wii...

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Do I need to have a Wii Remote for this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, for anyone wondering, a Wii Remote is REQUIRED. The controller plugs into the bottom port (where the Nunchuk usually goes).

I saw this deal the other day and was considering it. I just don't know if I want to get this or spend $14 on a Pro (Amazon order with a pre-existing discount takes it to $14). I already have a classic thanks to a clerk at GS accidentally giving me one for free when I bought Smash Bros Brawl years ago, and it just feels rather uncomfortable for me without the hand grips seen on stuff like the Wavebird/Dualshock.

[quote name='Nirron']Yes, for anyone wondering, a Wii Remote is REQUIRED. The controller plugs into the bottom port (where the Nunchuk usually goes).

I saw this deal the other day and was considering it. I just don't know if I want to get this or spend $14 on a Pro (Amazon order with a pre-existing discount takes it to $14). I already have a classic thanks to a clerk at GS accidentally giving me one for free when I bought Smash Bros Brawl years ago, and it just feels rather uncomfortable for me without the hand grips seen on stuff like the Wavebird/Dualshock.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by pre-existing discount?

sonunva... I just clicked the "Place Your Order" button and then it told me that it's OOS. Deal's dead guys. Arghhhh!!!

Looks like i might have just made it in..placed at 1:05pm. Says order placed. Gave me shipping times.
Ya, 8 bucks is kinda high for shipping, but i am looking at it like i am getting a controller for 8 bucks...down from 20 B&M, so it works for me.

The combined shipping with 3rd party vendors depends on what type of account the seller has. The only way to tell the difference is a checkout when it shows shipping for each one or the combined shipping cost.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']What do you mean by pre-existing discount?[/QUOTE]

I and a few others still have orders from when the ECA was still around, so we get those discounts. I think I miscalculated the discount amount, but I still use it a heck of a lot.

I'm somewhat surprised that Hitgaming was actually selling something BELOW MSRP though (including shipping). They're famous on Amazon for overcharging for sealed games ($80 for a game that can be found used for $5-15, which to take?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I think everyone is clearing these out to make space for the Classic Controller Pro. Now that that's out, I don't see any reason to settle for the old one, it's pretty uncomfortable without the add-on grip (which you probably couldn't find nowadays anyway).

[quote name='yarkitty123']This + Madworld = $14. A good deal even if you don't have a Wii...[/QUOTE]

Does that mean 25% off a set of tires is a good deal even if you dont have a car to put them on?

[quote name='gargus']Does that mean 25% off a set of tires is a good deal even if you dont have a car to put them on?[/QUOTE]

Only if you sold the car to get the money to buy the tires. And gas.

Not only is it likely a knock-off or refurb, the reason the price is all shipping is because they don't have to refund shipping costs on an order.

I refuse to buy from that sleazy vendor myself. If it was a legitimate product, they'd overcharge for it like they do on everything else.

[quote name='confoosious']Hitgaming might be the shadiest vendor on amazon.[/QUOTE]

CosmeticMall would like a word with you.

HOWEVER!

Some knock-off classic controllers work with official games, but not homebrews.

Don't believe I'll be taking my chances on this one. Good luck if you're willing to risk it.

bread's done
Back