Clearance items going back to manufacture once OOS at Target?

Mishimaryu

Banned
I found 2 copies of Ninja Gaiden Sigma a few wks back for about $30 and tried to price adjust the other day but the girl working wouldn't let me so I went ahead and returned them. I thought that they would be brought back to the sales floors by the next morning, but they were not there. :cry:

Funny thing was I returned them at about store closing time so I'm guessing they didn't scan in system or something and probably got sent back or shipped out to good will since they didn't scan in the system.

Is the max discount for a clearance item 75% off then after they don't scan in Target's system?

On the other hand have people had luck price adjusting on clearance items?

Target doesn't allow prices adjustments, so most people here do the return and rebuy if they can. Many Targets donate their clearanced out items to Goodwill stores, which is why a lot of people find previous Target items there in really good condition. However, Goodwill charges different prices for the same stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, I think all returned unopened games are opened to check for contents and then returned to the publisher as defective.:whistle2:k

Not sure where I read that but I think BestBuy and Wal-Mart do it.

If you buy a clearance thing at Target, just look at the DPCI for the item on your receipt, and type it in the price checker thingies around the store so you can keep track of its current value.

[quote name='djkunai']At Target, most clearance is donated to Goodwill once it's OOS.[/quote]That's what the Target stores around here do.

Well, since we didn't have any Goodwill stores around here for a while, I wonder if they were just dumpstering millions of dollars worth of products. Now that we have one around here, albeit 30 miles from my house, I wonder if they're sending stuff there.

[quote name='Vinny']I think all returned unopened games are opened to check for contents and then returned to the publisher as defective[/QUOTE]

When I worked at Target, they did not open unopened games to inspect them. They may have changed their policy since then, but that's the way it used to be...

someone working for target had mentioned that target sells the discounted items to goodwill. as far as the ops games concern, its possible someone had bought it before he did. if it rang out of the system they can check the last price using the portable scanners.

[quote name='Vinny']If I'm not mistaken, I think all returned unopened games are opened to check for contents and then returned to the publisher as defective.:whistle2:k

Not sure where I read that but I think BestBuy and Wal-Mart do it.[/quote]

Totally correct~ I used to work at BB and alot of the returns really dont get put but on the shelf they get thrown in a bin and the sent back. People that I used to work with would hustle and bussel for returned crap that they knew was going to get crapped out. Sunday nights was when they would do like a raffle type thing. Totally illegal but people got some good shit sometimes. Also they would just take the movies or games out the box before they put them in the bin. You would always see people walking weird back to there cars because they had ten dvd stuck on theyre beltline.

bread's done
Back