Clearance Toys R Us (San Jose, CA / Capital and McKee)

koji126

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just saw that they had a store closing sale. The store is being moved to another location and everything in the store is on sale. That also includes video games. Just thought I'd let you guys know. I think it was 10% - 30% off games. I think all PS3, Wii, and most of the 360 games are 30% off. There are some 360 games which are 10% off. The selection is so so for the ps3 games, but they seem to have a bunch of 360 games. The remaining consoles they have are also on sale. They have a 80gig PS3 down at $449.99. I guess its an okay deal.

[quote name='topnotch97']you mean..... like a crime scene? :cool:[/quote]

lol no not like that. I meant kids playing with toys on the floor

so it's finally closed down.... close down this thread down.

so anyone else bought anything like the last hour? :D

[quote name='KSHLove']i never went back to get anything else, but wheres the new TRU going to be ? Maybe they'll have a grand opening sale :lol:[/quote]

It's on Monterey Rd (the new shopping center that also has a Target and Best Buy in it). I drove by there about 2 weeks ago and I think the new TRU is already open. No big grand opening signs or anything but saw signs that said that they were open during construction.

grand opening will be this Friday.

not sure i need to check them out for the grand opening.... but will see if they got something decent. something tells me it will be just like any store with the same video game library and nothing new.

and don't expect any clearance stuff yet. they probably came from the old store. :lol:

I'm sick as well. Got a nasty flu.

But I will be going this Friday.

The only gaming "deal" is: Buy any console, get one game for that console 50% off. Valid this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only.

[quote name='topnotch97']and don't expect any clearance stuff yet. they probably came from the old store. :lol:[/quote]
All games from the old store were sold.

All other unsold merchandise (very few) were sold to small 3rd party stores.

There was a coupon in today's Mercury News for $5 off a $25 purchase at the new store. I'm not going to SJ for $5 so didn't read the fine print, if any. The ad did mention the 50% off a game when you buy a new system as well (talked about upthread)

I went to the new TRU twice today! (whoa...)

I went once around 1-2 PM. Another at 4-5 PM. They gave out free frisbees and sun shades at the exit. And free cookies!

Very nice store. It's huge--one of the biggest TRUs I've ever seen. There are about three times the employees working there compared to other TRUs.

hey guys. i was at the new TRU-BRU store in San Jose earlier today..... and the place is unbelievable...

got some pix for those who want to see firsthand or get an idea what the store looks like when TRU & BRU are under one roof.

so, what's in store in the new store?

saw tons of Wii at Electronics...(they don't want to call it R'zone...so electronics it is)

saw OP Voyager. Dlx BumbleBee, etc. (bottom line, decent stocks)

saw a girl (TRU associate?) dressed up as Barbie Princess (cosplayer?).....

and she's cute.......dayum....... i should've taken her picture... better yet... going back there on Saturday.....

a new store with barbie cosplayer? worth the trip. :applause:

That TRU is HUGE. It has around three times the employees compared to other TRUs.

On Friday (Grand Opening day), there were over 30 Wiis just sitting there. Because it was unadvertised, not many people found out.

They also had some Elites w/ the 2 games. Pro consoles and Arcade too.

The games are all behind the glass, but they are NOT behind the check-out counter. Meaning no need for those display boxes--if you want to check on a game, just look at the display glass.

However, their inventory is slightly off for now (no DMC4 and Lost Odyssey, but had Prof. Layton (DS)).

I visited twice on Friday, once on Saturday.

There are no clearance games. But for visiting, you get some free gifts on the way out. They aren't good, but free gifts is free gifts.

I'd also like to comment on the location of that TRU. We now have a TRU, Best Buy, and Target all within 1 minute walking distance of one another. That is insane. And more stores are being built.

You mean free gifts? :bouncy:

Nothing worthwhile, but you get a frisbee, sunshade (those things you put on your windows for shade), brochure on "Earth's Best Organic" cookies, and a bag of cookies from the brochure.

The cookies are pretty good.

Not much of a value, but free is free.

It's ~10 minutes away from a university (no freeway at all!). So after a day at school, I can hop onto a PC to check CAG, then off I go to TRU.

I don't know if you're a guy or girl, but if you're a guy (which sounds a little... unlikely), you can at least check out those cute cosplayers people are talking about.

Seriously though, I didn't even see any cosplayers when I went. Could be the fact that when I went to the store, the first place I visited was the electronics section. Then my mind went blank when I went to every other section.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I don't know if you're a guy or girl, but if you're a guy (which sounds a little... unlikely), you can at least check out those cute cosplayers people are talking about.

Seriously though, I didn't even see any cosplayers when I went. Could be the fact that when I went to the store, the first place I visited was the electronics section. Then my mind went blank when I went to every other section.[/quote]

but they got cute associates working there.... :drool: ;)

one associate was wearing tight pants and was walking around asking customers for signing up for Geoffrey's Birthday Club. :bouncy:

yeah even at checkout, at service desk, and even at BRU side.

oh wait, i forgot this was CAg..... yeah... no dice on those clearance stuff.... *cough*

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']That TRU is HUGE. It has around three times the employees compared to other TRUs.

On Friday (Grand Opening day), there were over 30 Wiis just sitting there. Because it was unadvertised, not many people found out.

I'd also like to comment on the location of that TRU. We now have a TRU, Best Buy, and Target all within 1 minute walking distance of one another. That is insane. And more stores are being built.[/quote]

the employees there are from different stores. they were there to beef up the floor and help customers... so expect your local TRU folks working there for a while....

and regarding those Wii's, some manager at the R'Zone pretty got annoyed by some old Filipino guy or some Asian guy going back and fort purchasing a Wii console. since it was like Limit 1 per customer, the Asian guy pretty much goes back to the store and purchase another unit. I think the manager caught him walking out of the store with 5 units at separate transactions. and the manager kinda refused to sell him another Wii. the smart a$$ walked out and change his clothes and wore a cap hoping not being spotted for buying more Wii. and the lady associate kinda knew that he's been around other TRU stores and eBaying those units.

so whoever you are, you've been photographed by the associates. after chatting with an associate there, whom i know personally and just got hired, it looks like they'll be keeping an eye on him, and the likes of him. LOL!!!

btw, i heard TRU is gonna build another megastore just like the new San Jose store. like WOW!!!

^Well that's really shady. I'm just wondering how the heck he got away with buying so many wii's in one day. I mean 1 per day i can understand but 5 in one day, *cough* someone's not keeping a good eye out. Anyway that TRU looks awesome I'm thinking about checking it out this weekend or next week. Even if they don't have good deals I want to take a peek, that place looks more like a superstore.

yeah... bring a shopping cart.... not to use it to buy stuff... but to ride on... coz you'll get tired of walking. LOL!!

I have a question about buying a Wii:

I bought one Wii (to keep) at a different TRU. Let's name the lady who sold it to me "Alice."

Then I went to this new TRU, hoping to buy a 2nd Wii (this 2nd to sell to help cover the cost of the first one).

For some odd reason, I meet "Alice" again. She says that because I've already bought one Wii (from a different TRU), I cannot buy another Wii (even from the new TRU).

Isn't it one Wii per customer per store? I've never bought a Wii from this new store.

She's making it sound like one Wii per LIFETIME (assuming if she's at every TRU I go to, I cannot buy anymore). I need to sell at least one Wii to help cover some cost of the 1st Wii, which I intend to keep.

^I think it's limit 1 per customer. But they never said anything about 1 per customer per store. You should've been able to buy another one.

I just got back from there. Wow that place is huge. It's basically 2 stores in one. Everyone is there having fun and all, come 2 weeks it'll be quiet and the employees will look miserable lol. the shopping center looks promising, not many stores open at the moment but once it's finished i'll bet that plaza will be booming.

this thread should probably be retired since the new TRU is already open.

[quote name='PocariSweat']Is this the haunted TRU?[/quote]
This one could be haunted too because it's located pretty much right across the street from a big cemetary. :cold::hot:

Veronica Mars has been to that TRU, though she hasn't encountered anything weird yet.

...Well maybe besides a footprint randomly appearing on her new backpack.:cold:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Veronica Mars has been to that TRU, though she hasn't encountered anything weird yet.

...Well maybe besides a footprint randomly appearing on her new backpack.:cold:[/quote]

They Exchanged it tho.
:)

The Haunted TRU is in Santa Clara I Think.
It's on the Boarder of Mont. View and Santa Clara.
Sometimes like to go there, since CC and BB is right down the street.

What did you tell them to get it exchanged?

Did it go something like this:

"I just bought a new backpack which was clean. Then outta nowhere, someone's footprint appeared on it! What the?!!"

Something like that.

I was like

"When I was buying this, it was fine, the lady ringing me up saw.
Then, when I was leaving, I saw a foot print.
I wanna exchange it."

They were like "Whatever."

That was it. They didn't even take it to the back or anything.
They said it's normal for backpack's to be dirty.

This new TRU is located just right across the street from a big cemetary.

I wonder why they'd build a shopping center right across the street like that.

My only idea is that when someone is done mourning a loved one, they can walk across the street and turn that frown upside down with some sales!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']This new TRU is located just right across the street from a big cemetary.

I wonder why they'd build a shopping center right across the street like that.

My only idea is that when someone is done mourning a loved one, they can walk across the street and turn that frown upside down with some sales![/quote]

ehehehe.... it's not like those who are buried will rise and head right across the street and do some shopping.

zombie: "You guys got Wii?.... There's a line? I can wait."

anyway, that shopping center currently being built used to be a General Electric assembly plant. kinda like that automotive plant and now turned Great Mall. thus that former GE plant site was called "The Plant" shopping center. and if you look at the architecture of the surroundings, it kinda look like those 1920's vision of the future of futuristic & jetsons theme.

hey, does anyone know if TRU ever clearance their HDTVs? or do they get sent back to distributor or something?

bread's done
Back