Clerks 2 TEASER online now!

[quote name='zewone']This movie shouldn't have been made[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm taking you out of context. No, there's nothing you can do about it.

Kevin Smith claims that this movie is his answer to the perennial question, "hey, what happened to those guys?" I think the very point and spirit of the first one is that they are fucking nobodies, and I don't give a fuck what happened to them. I have no motivation to see this movie.

It's Kevin Smith; watch the teaser, it reads like a checklist of every other goddamn movie he's done (tho' I can't speak for Jersey Girl, as I never saw it). To me, it looks completely and totally unoriginal (which is one of the reasons that I took a liking to Smith); it's a redux of everything we've seen time and time again and the debut of nothing we haven't. I have no doubt this movie will make money, and I have no doubt that it's pretty funny. I, for one, don't go to movies because they look familiar: that's when I wait for them to hit the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart, like all the slasher movies.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yes, I'm taking you out of context. No, there's nothing you can do about it.
[/QUOTE]
I was actually going to post the exact same thing (the out of context quote), but I didn't want a bunch of Kevin Smith dickriders to give me shit.

[quote name='zewone']I didn't want a bunch of Kevin Smith dickriders to give me shit.[/QUOTE]
People do ride his jock like he's motherfuckin' JD Salinger, don't they? The sheer profundity of a simple dick or weed joke is lost on a plebian such as myself, I suppose.

[quote name='mykevermin']People do ride his jock like he's motherfuckin' JD Salinger, don't they? The sheer profundity of a simple dick or weed joke is lost on a plebian such as myself, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I mean he is pretty much a media whore, and you can appreciate it for what is worth. I have pretty much been annoyed by him since JSBSB, it was hilarious the first time but after watchin it a few times it was just him and his buddies and a fart joke or two. He can only really make that type of movie anyway hence jersey girl. I will prob see the new flick, and maybe I will sell some of the collectable crap I have recieved over time.

Oh and his wife sucks and should not be put into movies just because he bones her.

eh this movie looks alright, i personally like the black and white one.. and wtf is up with jay he looks like he's been to hell and back, he used to have like a baby face goin where he looked young, now like 3 years later he looks like hes been beat up

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']eh this movie looks alright, i personally like the black and white one.. and wtf is up with jay he looks like he's been to hell and back, he used to have like a baby face goin where he looked young, now like 3 years later he looks like hes been beat up[/QUOTE]

Narcotic addictions will do that to you.

[quote name='mykevermin']People do ride his jock like he's motherfuckin' JD Salinger, don't they? The sheer profundity of a simple dick or weed joke is lost on a plebian such as myself, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Oh lighten up dad, not every movie has to be "The Horse Whisperer"

One ring... :lol:

www.clerks2.com is the site to go to and OP add this to your post for those that want to watch the teaser at work.

I can't believe that Dante and Randall actually will be working together at Mooby's of all places.

In all of the "behind the scenes" stuff on viewaskew.com, he is wearing a shirt that says "sell out" across the back. I think that pretty much defines why he's even making this movie.

Actually, he's making this in part as a promise to jason. He told him he'd make another jay and silent bob movie if he got clean and stayed off of drugs.

I'm trying to figure out who you acutally goes by the name "magnolia fan". Your right, these movies are dick and fart jokes, and that is what he does. He never claimed to make the next "gone with the wind" or "saving private ryan". These are lame ass slapstick comedy movies. And yes he is a sell out and knows it, but he is still making more money than we are.

[quote name='daschrier']Actually, he's making this in part as a promise to jason. He told him he'd make another jay and silent bob movie if he got clean and stayed off of drugs.[/QUOTE]

Wow. A valid reason to go back on his word that Jersey girl was the last of the series. Big ups.

bread's done
Back