Closed please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JAlbertL']The charges are showing up on my debit card transactions. I don't know if they've been there all along or if they just showed up because my orders for both Halo Reach Limited and STWFU II Collector's are about to ship. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I was charged for all of the games I ordered and several are still on backorder for 2 weeks.

STWFUII
Halo Reach
Bioshock II Collector's

I'm going to call customer service tomorrow.

I'm with you guys, I ordered Reach Limited Edition (or Special, or whatever) for $15 on the 26th, and also threw in the $5 Vanquish grab too. It came to $21.xx and they've both been backordered and the dude on the phone from BB said that not a Best Buy, out of like 5 around me, had either. I could sort of understand the Halo Reach result with that, but Vanquish? I don't trust their system after he said that. It's got to be in at least 1 of the half a dozen that I could drive to in 45 minutes, but their "system" "says" there aren't any. Bull. I'm going into one of the closer ones to at least check on both games, and then call them up if I find one or both.

This is ridiculous. I realize it was a phenomenal price for both games (and others)...but their system is so clumsy and out of sync, not to mention archaic, if it can't shut down the sale appropriately before something like this happens (explodes)... Idiots. I started shopping at BB far less after last year's @Gamer catastrophe where they screwed me over at a CS desk over a Splinter Cell Conviction deal...this isn't helping their cause.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']just called, was told there was nothing they could do and that it wasn't available for shipping. i don't know what i'm gonna do know. my bioshock 2 is still back ordered also.[/QUOTE]

Yep, CSR said I couldn't go to the store and get it or anything. He didn't say much at all, in fact.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']Same here. Just got the email. Now I need to make sure my CC wasn't charged.[/QUOTE]

Me too, both this and Vanquish PS3 was cancelled.. :whistle2:(

[quote name='goengland']Me too, both this and Vanquish PS3 was cancelled.. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Bah! me too,halo,vanquish and Force Unleashed 2 ce all got shitcanned...

Why does BB's website take more orders than it can fullfill? I'd think it'd be better to just cut off orders when quantities are gone rather than all the backordered and canceling nonsense.

[quote name='emozolik']fuck Best Buy! Hadn't shopped there in 2 years till this... Not giving me a reason to come back[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll sorely miss you and your $15 bi-annual purchases.

/sarcasm

[quote name='rieper']I'm sure they'll sorely miss you and your $15 bi-annual purchases.

/sarcasm[/QUOTE]

That's not the point. And good luck trying to get Best Buy to adopt and promote that attitude on a mass scale or ignore the power of word of mouth. They're slowly closing select stores from what I've been told, taking the middle finger route to infrequent or dormant customers would be asanine. Their site has delusions of adequacy and incidents like this only highlight why they have stores to close. They're run like a garage sale.

[quote name='BWS1982']That's not the point. And good luck trying to get Best Buy to adopt and promote that attitude on a mass scale or ignore the power of word of mouth. They're slowly closing select stores from what I've been told, taking the middle finger route to infrequent or dormant customers would be asanine. Their site has delusions of adequacy and incidents like this only highlight why they have stores to close. They're run like a garage sale.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for your more eloquent response and I'm glad someone else got my point. I wrote that in a shitty mood as I was picking up my kids from school. Anyway, didnt shop there for two years and this was my first to "try" them again. My wife and I, who make good money mind you, stopped shopping there because the service was so bad. Aside from this letdown, I partook in the B2G1 free deal last week... getting exactly what I wanted took no less than 3 store trips. What a joke. The time I spent fuckin around basically negated any "deal" and not one person, in store or over the phone, really helped or took ownership.
I bit again on the Batman: AC deal the other day and cancelled when I got the backorder email. I could see where that was going... Yeah, go ahead and charge my card for items you have no intention of actually shipping. So I'm back to where I was pre-Black Friday... won't be shopping there. These big box places, thats they only way they'll get it... when enough people say fuck you, I'm not shopping here anymore!

Since lots of people are ranting...

I will never, ever, do a store pickup at BBY ever again...

I brought two games for store pickup, in two orders, at two different stores. My experience in both store were similarly disappointing.

First store, they had three people "working" the line, but all three were on some super hard cases that involved them being on the phone for 30+ minutes. Manager walks past, I asked him nicely if it would be possible to get one of the MANY guys walking around doing nothing to process some of us that had store pickup which logically should be fast... he said "No."... I waited full 45 minutes before I got served, after scanning my order the guy when to the shelf and told me he can't find my order... he then left and ran around like a headless chicken and eventually came back with my game... all up, took me over 1 hour to get my game...

Second store, I lined up for about 10 mins and got served within 10 mins! I can also see my game right there on the shelf, so I was super happy... then 1 min, 2 min, 5 min past and the dude is still banging on the computer, I ask what's wrong, he said "computer is slow"... Really? 2011 and computers are slow? after waiting for about 10 mins, he finally got the slow computer to work and turned around to get me my game... then I noticed the outer box had been opened and resealed with BBY tape, I opened it to find some content missing... fuck... at this point they said I can return the item instead of buying it... I drove 30 miles to the store, wasted 30 min and got nothing.

Thank you BBY, mother fucking assholes.

PS: My online orders has been much better experience, yes they backordered every single game I ordered, but so far I have gotten about half of them, and they are all in very good to mint condition. So in that regard, I'm pretty impressed with BBY online.

[quote name='dragoon99']Why does BB's website take more orders than it can fullfill? I'd think it'd be better to just cut off orders when quantities are gone rather than all the backordered and canceling nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Newegg did that to me. I preordered the LE of Skyward Sword, it was on backorder for 2 weeks, then they emailed me to tell me the order was canceled. Turns out preordering doesn't guarantee copies anymore.

The only reason I wasn't pissed, was because Amazon got in a few more copies of the LE, and I was able to grab one. Well plus the fact that Newegg has given me excellent service for years, and this preorder was the first goof.

Best Buy also canceled my order of the CE of Reach, after it was on backorder for a couple weeks. Annoying.

Coincidence that this thread is bumped up today.. I went to about 4 different BB's getting different things and I checked by the games sections and every store had 1or 2 copies of Reach LE in stock.... weird how they can't fulfill peoples orders, yet they still have enough to go around and stocking them in stores. the really weird thing was they were selling them at different prices. 1 store had it for $39.99 and it was advertised as 'on sale', 1 had it for $49.99 and it was 'clearance' and the other 2 had it for $59.99. Marketing tactics? lol x_x

[quote name='ken9']Coincidence that this thread is bumped up today.. I went to about 4 different BB's getting different things and I checked by the games sections and every store had 1or 2 copies of Reach LE in stock.... weird how they can't fulfill peoples orders, yet they still have enough to go around and stocking them in stores. the really weird thing was they were selling them at different prices. 1 store had it for $39.99 and it was advertised as 'on sale', 1 had it for $49.99 and it was 'clearance' and the other 2 had it for $59.99. Marketing tactics? lol x_x[/QUOTE]

I believe they are supposed to be 59.99 in store, which is funny because the Legendary is the same price.

[quote name='ken9']Coincidence that this thread is bumped up today.. I went to about 4 different BB's getting different things and I checked by the games sections and every store had 1or 2 copies of Reach LE in stock.... weird how they can't fulfill peoples orders, yet they still have enough to go around and stocking them in stores. the really weird thing was they were selling them at different prices. 1 store had it for $39.99 and it was advertised as 'on sale', 1 had it for $49.99 and it was 'clearance' and the other 2 had it for $59.99. Marketing tactics? lol x_x[/QUOTE]

You do realize that those items in the store were already there. It's not like they sent them to the stores today. And it's not like they ask stores to fulfill their orders. If something is backordered or cancelled, it means they don't have any more in the warehouse.

I'm not sure what conspiracy you're getting at.

I fail to see what the benefit is to Best Buy Corporate not requesting that stores send unsold copies back to Best Buy's distribution centers for the purposes of fulfilling online orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']You do realize that those items in the store were already there. It's not like they sent them to the stores today. And it's not like they ask stores to fulfill their orders. If something is backordered or cancelled, it means they don't have any more in the warehouse.

I'm not sure what conspiracy you're getting at.[/QUOTE]

They weren't there before, that's why I'm surprised lol. I got this deal when it went live back then and chose in-store pickup at a BB location 30 mins away from me. I called these 4 stores before to see if they had it in stock and wanted to see if I could pick it up at a location closer to me but none of them had it so.. *shrug*? But I guess they could have just had these sitting in the back unaccounted for and recently found them or something. oh well x_x

I gave a call to Best Buy customer service in a vain attempt to get them to change the status of the order back to "back ordered" so that I could try to get one of the brick and mortar stores to honor the deal.

After being told that the order could not be uncanceled, I was offered the vanilla version of Reach for $10. Obviously, your results may vary, but it's worth a shot if you don't care about anything except the core game. Being polite also helps.

Just got an email saying a $15 eGC is on its way.

"We know that we cannot fill the order you placed in time for the holidays, and for that we are so very sorry. However, we do want to make it up to you in one small way. Within the next few days, you will receive a Best Buy e-gift card for $15, the purchase price of the item that was ordered and subsequently cancelled by us. (You will receive this e-gift card in a separate email to this address.) The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store or on bestbuy.com."

ya i got one of those e gift cards emails too.. thing is reading it it sounds like its only an online discount for the same game I'm not even sure if its this game since they screwed me on several different ones actually.

What the hells a 10 or 15 dollar online giftcard worth if its only good for an item they dont have avalible online? Seems like a really worthless backhanded apology to me

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya i got one of those e gift cards emails too.. thing is reading it it sounds like its only an online discount for the same game I'm not even sure if its this game since they screwed me on several different ones actually.

What the hells a 10 or 15 dollar online giftcard worth if its only good for an item they dont have avalible online? Seems like a really worthless backhanded apology to me[/QUOTE]

It says you can use it on whatever you want.

I too got an e-card too, mine was for $25. $15 from Halo and $10 from Bioshock 2. I wasn't upset about the backordered and eventually canceled order to begin with so getting $25 refunded to paypal and another $25 gift card for something I expected to happen anyway is awesome!

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya i got one of those e gift cards emails too.. thing is reading it it sounds like its only an online discount for the same game I'm not even sure if its this game since they screwed me on several different ones actually.

What the hells a 10 or 15 dollar online giftcard worth if its only good for an item they dont have avalible online? Seems like a really worthless backhanded apology to me[/QUOTE]

I have no idea where you're getting that impression. The email I and others have received is explicitly stating it can be used on anything you want, in store or online. "The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store or on bestbuy.com," is what's in my email as well.

I'm still pissed, and this doesn't make up for the incompetence, but it shows remorse, at least. That's better than brazen idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back