Closed Threads Suggestion (?)

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Is there a notification anywhere on "closed" threads as to the reason the thread was closed?

If not, I was just thinking it would be nice if there was a short comment - either a final post, or somewhere on the page that says:

"Closed because this is not a real deal" or
"Closed because of violation of ToS" or
"Closed because posted in the wrong forum" or
"Closed by OP" or
"Closed because of inflammatory/racist remarks" and so on.

I was just reading through the Toys R Us Singstar thread and was going to comment on it, then found it was closed. I didn't really see a clear reason for it to be closed, but I guess it was because the deal turned out to be YMMV? Does that mean the deal doesn't exist, or does that mean the deal MAY exist but the rest of the thread went off-topic or was somehow offensive so it was closed? Not real clear. Maybe not the best example, but it happens from time to time, I'm reading through a topic and go to post and it turns out the whole thing is closed. Just a thought...

This could help any confusion with people, but the only thing is people can read through the posts themselves, and find out why the thread was closed in the first place.

OR, like chosen said, users could read the last post, most likely made by a mod, as to why the thread was closed instead of reading multiple posts to try to deduce the reason. It's a good idea, chosen, and one that is easily implemented since making the final post should take 10-15 seconds tops.

bread's done
Back