Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preorder Bonuses and Links
Amazon:
Best Buy:
GameStop:
Walmart:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I will and if you dont mind will you please remove your post I would like to use it for a place holder to add more info. Thanks. Right now im on mobile and uts slow. Lol.[/QUOTE]

deleted

[quote name='ijustw1n']Not a deal

Placeholder[/QUOTE]

Can you delete your post for me so I can use it for a place holder. Thanks.

[quote name='edson13']theres already a preorder thread, that you can edit.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297423[/QUOTE]

Last year I made a preorder thread similar to the one I have here for Gears of War 3 and it was a success. I think it had around 1000 comments and around 100,000 views. I kept all of the information for Gears 3 there until it was released. I am going to turn this thread into a thread similar to that one and keep everybody informed and up to date like I did last year.

I wonder if the Halo 4 Pre-order armor designs will become payable DLC later on. I also wonder if you'll be able to edit the colors. Best Buy has the worst color design, but I could see myself playing with Microsoft Store or Amazon.

[quote name='neuropolis']I wonder if the Halo 4 Pre-order armor designs will become payable DLC later on. I also wonder if you'll be able to edit the colors. Best Buy has the worst color design, but I could see myself playing with Microsoft Store or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You can edit the colors any way you want to. The only reason they chose those colors is because of the retailer. Notice how GameStop is Red/White, Best Buy is Blue/Yellow, and Amazon is Orange/White. I like the GameStop skin because it a camo pattern but I love the Amazon skin more because if you really wanted to you could create Venom from Marvel Comics. Lol.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']You can edit the colors any way you want to. The only reason they chose those colors is because of the retailer. Notice how GameStop is Red/White, Best Buy is Blue/Yellow, and Amazon is Orange/White. I like the GameStop skin because it a camo pattern but I love the Amazon skin more because if you really wanted to you could create Venom from Marvel Comics. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured out the colors, but even then, I think Micrsoft and Amazon have the best colors. I'd totally do an Iron Spider thing with the Amazon armor, myself.

[quote name='neuropolis']Yeah, I figured out the colors, but even then, I think Micrsoft and Amazon have the best colors. I'd totally do an Iron Spider thing with the Amazon armor, myself.[/QUOTE]

Did you see the Oceanic skin that was just posted. Also if you look at the helmet for the Best Buy skin it sort of looks a little like Dead Space. Lol. I think the preorder skins are going to get out of hand and Walmart hasnt even showed their skin yet.

H3m1 R4m, would you consider making an individual thread for each of the games? I ask because I doubt I'm the only one who isn't interested in pre-ordering all three games, especially when they're still months away from release. It would also help those such as myself who don't want to read discussions on whatever game they're not interested in.

[quote name='Sway']H3m1 R4m, would you consider making an individual thread for each of the games? I ask because I doubt I'm the only one who isn't interested in pre-ordering all three games, especially when they're still months away from release. It would also help those such as myself who don't want to read discussions on whatever game they're not interested in.[/QUOTE]

If I can get a mods approval I will see what I can do. I understand what you are talking about. My guess is if I added CoD BO2 on here this thread would be blown up with CoD Fans and Halo Fans arguing with each other. I mean its a video game just have fun with it. But yeah I will see what I can do just as long as a mod approves (dont want to spam and get in trouble) and do whatever I can to help CAG out. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='Sway']H3m1 R4m, would you consider making an individual thread for each of the games? I ask because I doubt I'm the only one who isn't interested in pre-ordering all three games, especially when they're still months away from release. It would also help those such as myself who don't want to read discussions on whatever game they're not interested in.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have it as it is. You may not want to scour the first post to find certain games you're looking for, but I don't want to scour through all of the preorder threads on the main deals page to find whatever I'm looking for. It also seems to me that creating a generalized thread for some of the "iffy" deals helps cut down on the bitching from people who don't think it's a deal.

So how do I go about getting all the DLC without buying 3-6 copies of each game?? I fucking hate how they have this random fuck DLC and you can only get it by buying it at a certain store. Isn't that some sort of monopoly when I can only get the DLC from one place??

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']So how do I go about getting all the DLC without buying 3-6 copies of each game?? I fucking hate how they have this random fuck DLC and you can only get it by buying it at a certain store. Isn't that some sort of monopoly when I can only get the DLC from one place??[/QUOTE]
Some people have bought multiple copies and returned them. Thats about the only way I know how. You could do that or wait and see if a variant is released as DLC later on like the Gears of War 3 skins were released in the Forces of Nature DLC.

[quote name='angel001']im confused by this thread[/QUOTE]
This is an all in one preorder thread with all of the info you need to help you figure out where you should get the game without having to google everything and compare it. Lol.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']So how do I go about getting all the DLC without buying 3-6 copies of each game?? I fucking hate how they have this random fuck DLC and you can only get it by buying it at a certain store. Isn't that some sort of monopoly when I can only get the DLC from one place??[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the DLC is later collected in the Game of the Year edition, if there is later one. Or a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits kind of thing.

The Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition didn't actually sell out from all stores, right? Have they yet to become available?

New Halo 4 Bonus at BBY USA
halo4poster768x1024.jpg

Halo 4 Lithograph Limtd Edition run,
Make sure you get them especially if you've already preordered.
http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2...st-buy-and-you-might-get-this-awesome-poster/

I kmow very little about Halo but I am getting it for my son for sure. He always wants to buy MP maps ASAP so I'll be on the hook for them one way or another.

Does this "War Games Map Packs" included with the LE mean you get 3 of the MP map packs that will cost 800 MS points on their own when released? If so, that is definitely more incentive to get the LE. In fact, I'd really appreciate a Halo vet breaking down for me what the advantage of that LE is. Those "specializations" look interesting, too, but I have no idea what those are or more specifically what sort of value they have.

Some background: my son is a huge Halo Reach player (he plays nearly daily). He is big into the MP and from what I can see quite good at it. Of course if I ask him he will tell me he wants (or "needs") the LE. But I'm trying to get at the "value" aspect of it before I decide to go that route.

I already have the regular version preordered at Amazon but will upgrade it to the LE if it seems worth it. So the question is, does it have $40 worth of extra content? If those 3 MP map packs are like the things I had to buy for Halo Reach (which cost $10 I think) then it seems like it would be.

And yeah, I'm considering preordering at GS also just to get their preorder DLC. I'd probably just sell that copy which in effect would help me convert some GS credit to cash (at a small loss) while also getting the DLC "legit". But I hate that I have to go through all that with this retailer-exclusive DLC BS.

And also, looking at the Borderlands 2 preorder stuff I think I will definitely put in an order at Amazon. The $10 credit plus the goodies seems like a decent enough deal. And maybe I can get my son to take a break from playing Halo to coop with me a bit. That means getting it on the 360 vs. my prefered PS3 (on which I played the first Borderlands) but that isn't a huge deal. Will there be any game save carryover into Borderlands 2? If so, I'd miss out on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo map packs are generally 800 msp
So going LE route is supposedly best way.
I would suggest the MStore deal which includes an exclusive skin and $25 preorder credit to use on black Friday when again they will definitely have some sweet deals in store and online.

[quote name='bfett9']Halo map packs are generally 800 msp
So going LE route is supposedly best way.
I would suggest the MStore deal which includes an exclusive skin and $25 preorder credit to use on black Friday when again they will definitely have some sweet deals in store and online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll consider that. But I do some Amazon credit so it would essentially be free for me to order it from there (as opposed to charging my credit card at the MS store).

[quote name='bfett9']New Halo 4 Bonus at BBY USA
Halo 4 Lithograph Limtd Edition run,
Make sure you get them especially if you've already preordered.
http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2...st-buy-and-you-might-get-this-awesome-poster/[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. I will be sure to add it to the Halo 4 section.

[quote name='io']I kmow very little about Halo but I am getting it for my son for sure. He always wants to buy MP maps ASAP so I'll be on the hook for them one way or another.

Does this "War Games Map Packs" included with the LE mean you get 3 of the MP map packs that will cost 800 MS points on their own when released? If so, that is definitely more incentive to get the LE. In fact, I'd really appreciate a Halo vet breaking down for me what the advantage of that LE is. Those "specializations" look interesting, too, but I have no idea what those are or more specifically what sort of value they have.

Some background: my son is a huge Halo Reach player (he plays nearly daily). He is big into the MP and from what I can see quite good at it. Of course if I ask him he will tell me he wants (or "needs") the LE. But I'm trying to get at the "value" aspect of it before I decide to go that route.

I already have the regular version preordered at Amazon but will upgrade it to the LE if it seems worth it. So the question is, does it have $40 worth of extra content? If those 3 MP map packs are like the things I had to buy for Halo Reach (which cost $10 I think) then it seems like it would be.

And yeah, I'm considering preordering at GS also just to get their preorder DLC. I'd probably just sell that copy which in effect would help me convert some GS credit to cash (at a small loss) while also getting the DLC "legit". But I hate that I have to go through all that with this retailer-exclusive DLC BS.

And also, looking at the Borderlands 2 preorder stuff I think I will definitely put in an order at Amazon. The $10 credit plus the goodies seems like a decent enough deal. And maybe I can get my son to take a break from playing Halo to coop with me a bit. That means getting it on the 360 vs. my prefered PS3 (on which I played the first Borderlands) but that isn't a huge deal. Will there be any game save carryover into Borderlands 2? If so, I'd miss out on that.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 game saves won't carry over because from what I hear the characters you could play as (Brick, Lillith, Mordecai, and the other guy... forgot his name) are all NPCs. There will be 4 new character classes on this game and an added 5th class if you preorder. Keep in mind the $10 gift card is only good for the standard edition from Amazon.

I'm a Halo vet and I will be glad to break this down for you. The War Games gives you access to 3 map packs with 3 new locations each so a total of 9 maps. These should cost about $10 or 800MSP when they are released to the public. So that right there is an additional $30 dollars and tax on top of the money you pay for Halo 4. Plus you get 6 specilizations, these so far have not been announced yet but my guess is these would be used for Spartan Ops which is like Special Ops missions from CoD. You also get a UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs. You also get 5 bonus items.

Bonus digital content through Xbox Live:
o Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin
o Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
o An exclusive in-game emblem
o Xbox Live Avatar prop
o Xbox Live Avatar Spartan-IV armor set

AND... You get this. Which would probably cost about $20 considering Halo Legends was about that price when it first came out. I hope I answered all your questions about Halo 4 if you have any more let me know and I will help you.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”

o “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
 Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”

 Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
 Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”

Hey people. I am still here working hard on trying to keep this thread updated. I will update it ASAP. I have been kind of busy lately because my email was compromised so I had to change everything over but no harm was done so that's good. But anyway I am back and I will be updating this soon.

I added Medal of Honor Warfighter and Splinter Cell Blacklist. I still have room for a few more games so what would you like to see me add next.

How about Dishonored or Bioshock: Infinite? Great thread by the way! It makes it super easy to compare all of the different retailers!:applause:

Is the Ghost of War and the Saw tooth Sword expansions for AC3? Or are they posters? I'm not sure what the OP meant by those. TIA

[quote name='uEih']Is the Ghost of War and the Saw tooth Sword expansions for AC3? Or are they posters? I'm not sure what the OP meant by those. TIA[/QUOTE]

They are both in game content. The only physical bonus is the steel book

[quote name='halokilla91']How about Dishonored or Bioshock: Infinite? Great thread by the way! It makes it super easy to compare all of the different retailers!:applause:[/QUOTE]

I will add both for you. Thanks.

Pancake is so cute. Glad I had 2 preorders down. Going to use the loot chest to keep all my office supplies together and replace the generic black organizer :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Pancake is so cute. Glad I had 2 preorders down. Going to use the loot chest to keep all my office supplies together and replace the generic black organizer :lol:[/QUOTE]

Your name is TooPoor and you preordered 2! Lol. J/k. I actually found that by mistake because I couldn't find a decent picture at all because the pictures I found where either to small or to large so I tried Google Images and I found it. Lol.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Your name is TooPoor and you preordered 2! Lol. J/k. I actually found that by mistake because I couldn't find a decent picture at all because the pictures I found where either to small or to large so I tried Google Images and I found it. Lol.[/QUOTE]
With Borderlands being me and my wife's favorite game, I would preorder this even if it means white rice and ramen noodles for a month:bouncy:

[quote name='TooPoor']With Borderlands being me and my wife's favorite game, I would preorder this even if it means white rice and ramen noodles for a month:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Mmmm Ramen. Lol.

Update: Assassins Creed CE and Hidden Blade Replica by NECA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back