Closest thing to a PlayGear Pocket for a Slim?

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
I have a launch 1st generation PSP but am getting a slim soon. I remember reading that the Logitech PlayGear Pocket's don't fit slim's right. So what's the closest thing to it or the best protective case on the market for the slims?
-G

Ah. Good to know. Do you have a skin inside yours? The ones I've used usually make the fit a little tighter anyway. I'm kind of thinking that might help a little bit.
-G

Why does everyone on this site have a boner for the playgear case? I think it is worthless. It doesn't hold any of my games or accessories. I have this http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/16485/gsaioblg.jpg
It holds 16 umds (double stacked), my spare battery, headphones, cleaning cloth, headphone splitter, and usb cable (for charging my slim). It holds everything I need in one package. I keep the psp itself in a sunglass case (like one of those oakley bags) to keep the scratches off and the dust off of the psp itself. Works like a charm. If people are having trouble dropping their system maybe they should switch to a gameboy color.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Why does everyone on this site have a boner for the playgear case? I think it is worthless. It doesn't hold any of my games or accessories. I have this http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/16485/gsaioblg.jpg
It holds 16 umds (double stacked), my spare battery, headphones, cleaning cloth, headphone splitter, and usb cable (for charging my slim). It holds everything I need in one package. I keep the psp itself in a sunglass case (like one of those oakley bags) to keep the scratches off and the dust off of the psp itself. Works like a charm. If people are having trouble dropping their system maybe they should switch to a gameboy color.[/QUOTE]

Uh... Cause I ain't carrying that much shit around. Jesus Christ man, How much does all that weigh? That's a ridiculous amount of stuff to haul around. All I need is to be able to throw the system in a bag for trips and what not. The Playgear fits the bill perfectly by protecting the system itself. That's why I want another one.
-G

I still say its crap. So what if I want to carry more than one game on a trip? It doesn't weigh more than a couple pounds with everything total.

Guess I shoulda mentioned I only keep one UMD in the system and play most games as backups off the memory stick (quicker load times, less stuff to carry...). And play a lot of NES and SNES.
-G

I use a Playgear Pocket for my slim psp, but I filled the empty space.
playgear.jpg

I got a playgear pocket used from gamestop for 4.99. I also have a block of foam rubber, and am planning on using that to make the psp slim fit in the case (my psp is from amazon so I have to wait for it to come in the mail). The playgear pocket looks like a really nice case.

I also got a case from big lots for 2$ but then I found out it uses magnetic snaps to keep the case closed. This is a really bad idea because magnets can screw up the screens on handhelds and since I was snowed in today I took the time to cut the magnetic snaps out, sew up the case and replace them with sticky velcro, it actually came out really good.

saw this at CC the other day:

Protect and Play Case for PSP Slim

Code:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&searchType=user&keyword=psp+slim+case&searchSection=All&go.x=0&go.y=0

The logitech playgear turned out to be fine for the PSP slim all I had to do was insert a small strip of foam into the bottom part and fill the empty part of the top with foam and it works perfectly.

bread's done
Back