Cloudy w/ a chance of meat balls 3D -$4.97

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm not seeing that as 3d[/QUOTE]

It's 3D, it says it right on the box in the picture. The upc code on the page is the exact same one on the bluray i have in my hands.

Yeah, I was hesitant to believe the pictures as well (especially considering that the "customers also viewed" section shows another listing of the 3D version for like $31)...but the UPC listed is for the 3D version. So, if this is a big screw up on their part, at least there's more than just the picture to use as evidence when you're pleading your case.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I was hesitant to believe the pictures as well (especially considering that the "customers also viewed" section shows another listing of the 3D version for like $31)...but the UPC listed is for the 3D version. So, if this is a big screw up on their part, at least there's more than just the picture to use as evidence when you're pleading your case.[/QUOTE]

Several people on the bluray.com forums actually called their customer service if they are to be believed and customer service said it is for the 3D model however that does not matter if you go to BestBuy and price match in store ;-). And yes, the MODEL# on the tigerdirect page is the same exact number as on the 3D case upc code for sure.

[quote name='Solomon87']Several people on the bluray.com forums actually called their customer service if they are to be believed and customer service said it is for the 3D model however that does not matter if you go to BestBuy and price match in store ;-). And yes, the MODEL# on the tigerdirect page is the same exact number as on the 3D case upc code for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after I posted, I saw that their live chat was up, and asked one of the reps in there. And she also confirmed that it was the 3D version. Great deal! :applause:

best buy price matches tigerdirect.com? online it says they only price match appliance and electronic hardware...what am I missing?

Tried to PM at my local Best Buy in Springfield, IL. No dice. Sad face. Sacked up and ordered from Tiger. Seven or so bucks after shipping is still pretty damn good.

Is it me or is the shipping more than the bluray costs? In "Your Cart" shipping is $3.63 but when I get to "Order Details" my shipping jumps to $7.29. Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Loucious']Is it me or is the shipping more than the bluray costs? In "Your Cart" shipping is $3.63 but when I get to "Order Details" my shipping jumps to $7.29. Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't default to economy shipping. You have to change it yourself.

[quote name='marginal']It doesn't default to economy shipping. You have to change it yourself.[/QUOTE]
Econo Shipping costs $3.86.

Thanks for this guys. Been wanting this for a while. Got four which is the max per customer. 1 for me, 2 for Amazon trade in to my wife's account, and 1 for Amazon trade in for my account. Trade in is $10.75 for a new copy of it.

[quote name='anderson4145']I posted this in the 3d blu-ray thread a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, not everyone goes into the bluray 3D thread and this is easily worth a thread all on it's own. If you can PM this at Best Buy this is a damn good deal.

It is the 3D version, but it's also a promo version. Where the UPC should be on the back, it says "For Promotional Use Only. Not For Rent Or Sale." So, doubtful these will be able to be flipped to Amazon or elsewhere.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It is the 3D version, but it's also a promo version. Where the UPC should be on the back, it says "For Promotional Use Only. Not For Rent Or Sale." So, doubtful these will be able to be flipped to Amazon or elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

WTF how can they sell something that's not for rent or sale?

yeah i just came here to post that they were labeled "not for resale". I bought 3. 1 to keep and 2 to trade in to Amazon. i may just try my luck and trade them in anyway since i have them locked in for $10.25.

[quote name='steveomac1015']yeah i just came here to post that they were labeled "not for resale". I bought 3. 1 to keep and 2 to trade in to Amazon. i may just try my luck and trade them in anyway since i have them locked in for $10.25.[/QUOTE]

So do they have the barcode? Maybe you should call Tigerdirect and tell them that they sold you something they weren't allowed to and you want regular copies. I may end up contacting the movie studio if they don't make this right.

[quote name='Blaster man']So do they have the barcode? Maybe you should call Tigerdirect and tell them that they sold you something they weren't allowed to and you want regular copies. I may end up contacting the movie studio if they don't make this right.[/QUOTE]

No barcode. "for promotional use only. Not for rent or sale." Is where the barcode would be.

[quote name='steveomac1015']No barcode. "for promotional use only. Not for rent or sale." Is where the barcode would be.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't even been shipped yet. You should call up tigerdirect and tell them how they "accidentally" shipped you copies they were not allowed to sell.

They're probably leftovers from some kind of 3D glasses set or something, or a promo from when 3D tv's came out...it WAS one of the first 3D movies, after all. Calm your jimmies, people.

[quote name='plus1zero']They're probably leftovers from some kind of 3D glasses set or something, or a promo from when 3D tv's came out...it WAS one of the first 3D movies, after all. Calm your jimmies, people.[/QUOTE]
Calm your jimmies? I bought extra copies to trade them into Amazon for credit. They didn't advertise these in this way, they list the BAR CODE on the site. If I get movies that state they are not for resale, I'm going to call them and demand they send me the real retail release. If they won't do that I'm going to report this to the movie studios who I'm sure wouldn't be happy about them selling these "not for resale" movies.

[quote name='Blaster man']Calm your jimmies? I bought extra copies to trade them into Amazon for credit. They didn't advertise these in this way, they list the BAR CODE on the site. If I get movies that state they are not for resale, I'm going to call them and demand they send me the real retail release. If they won't do that I'm going to report this to the movie studios who I'm sure wouldn't be happy about them selling these "not for resale" movies.[/QUOTE]

Amazon won't take NFR movies? Either way, that's a legitimate excuse, in your case.

[quote name='Blaster man']Calm your jimmies? I bought extra copies to trade them into Amazon for credit. They didn't advertise these in this way, they list the BAR CODE on the site. If I get movies that state they are not for resale, I'm going to call them and demand they send me the real retail release. If they won't do that I'm going to report this to the movie studios who I'm sure wouldn't be happy about them selling these "not for resale" movies.[/QUOTE]

Definitely contact them and tell them they're preventing you from profiting :roll:.

[quote name='soccerstud652']So is a non-3d blu included in this set? Or only the 3d version?[/QUOTE]

It is a 3D and 2D edition. Great deal for the price.

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone get amazon or bestbuy to pm this[/QUOTE]

Yes, i stated in my very first post that i was able to walk into a Best Buy and price match the circuit city website. The only problem i encountered was that they thought Circuit City was dead, which it is but Best Buy price matches TigerDirect which owns the Circuit City name.

Thank you so much for posting this deal! Best Buy was reluctant to price match TigerDirect since they're not a "direct" competitor but they did and I got one. If it didn't work I probably would've showed them the Circuit City skinned website.

Douche needs a clue!

At 20min before closing I was told to go to CS. Manager says BBY only matches Amazon. I was shocked. He pulls up some old BBY webpage stating his belief. I ask him to look at internal memos indicating the select list (he's never even heard of NewEgg) Refused. Said I was wrong and shooed me away for the next in line.

Am I wrong now?

[quote name='Pounce!']Douche needs a clue!

At 20min before closing I was told to go to CS. Manager says BBY only matches Amazon. I was shocked. He pulls up some old BBY webpage stating his belief. I ask him to look at internal memos indicating the select list (he's never even heard of NewEgg) Refused. Said I was wrong and shooed me away for the next in line.

Am I wrong now?[/QUOTE]

When I first saw this, I was sure he was the one who was wrong... but it looks like BB only matches Amazon for media prices. The other 19 online retailers they're matching are only for appliances and electronic devices.

"And Now You Know"

bread's done
Back