Cloverfield (Blu-Ray) $20@ Walmart.com + Amazon

shadowrage

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Cloverfield-B..._bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1211583047&sr=8-2

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10022974

Ok I just found out Amazon lowered the price on Cloverfield to match wally. My bad guys. In order to make up for it here's how to cancel your Wal-mart.com order.

Call 1-800-966-6546
then make the selections 1 then 8

This should give you a live CS. Just tell them you want to cancel your order. You need the order number and your address. They should send an email confirming the cancellation.

-Edited with instructions for cancelling your Wally order. The point is always to save money. Thanks for adding the Amazon link LP.

[quote name='shadowrage']http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10022974

Keep this one quiet. Cloverfield on BD for $20 from Walmart.com
It $24 shipped for me.[/quote]

For some reason your link doesn't work, it just takes me to the Walmart.com homepage. When I do a product search, I get Cloverfield on Blu-ray as the description, but the picture shows a HD-DVD case? I am assuming that the picture is wrong for obvious reasons, but I just want to make sure I receive the correct item. I have the $10 gift card from the SMG screw-up awhile back that I want to use, so this deal would be perfect for me.

Not bad, but I don't think Wal-Mart holds up their end of the price on pre-orders. I didn't get an error adding it to the cart.. funny to see it pictured as an HD-DVD.

Now it worked...23.88 after tax & shipping. Not bad...hopefully Amazon doesn't come up with a better deal, or I'll be sorry.

EDIT: I'll pass...I better wait for Amazon, I don't trust Walmart.

Yeah I'll wait for amazon as well, but you can't help but right clicking and saving the .jpg of Cloverfield HD-DVD cover. :lol:

Link for amazon pre-order. It's not on sale yet but thought I might add the link to make it easy.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I see May 20th. I thought this was set for June 3rd. Decent take on a modern day godzilla. Wouldn't mind adding it to my library.[/quote]

They changed it, earlier today it was June 2nd or 3rd.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Now it worked...23.88 after tax & shipping. Not bad...hopefully Amazon doesn't come up with a better deal, or I'll be sorry.

EDIT: I'll pass...I better wait for Amazon, I don't trust Walmart.[/quote]

Agreed, i just don't trust Wal Mart.
i saw this on amazon:
41dfc060ada0e479f65a9110._AA240_.L.jpg

[quote name='CAG 79']I'll wait for the special edition that is coming out later on.[/QUOTE]

You mean the one that is released when the still unanounced/unplanned Cloverfield 2 hits theaters.

Paramount puts all the extras they have on to every BD. This is all your going to get. You'll be waiting a really long time for a special edition.

Posting it here isn't a very good way to keep it classified. Incredipody or w/e usually finds these right away and puts them up on other message boards.

[quote name='Blinkman987']Posting it here isn't a very good way to keep it classified. Incredipody or w/e usually finds these right away and puts them up on other message boards.[/QUOTE]

I was just staying in theme with the Cloverfield mythos. As the way the movie is framed. I guess my joke crashed and burned.

[quote name='shadowrage']I was just staying in theme with the Cloverfield mythos. As the way the movie is framed. I guess my joke crashed and burned.[/quote]

Maybe it did. *shrug* I didn't see the movie because JJ isn't really that outstanding and receives too much hype for his B- movies.

Wally updated the page and switched the cover to BD instead of HD-DVD. But they left the price the same. Spiderwick and There Will be Blood are @ $28. So Cloverfield might be $20 instore.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']you mean people actually enjoyed this movie?[/quote]

Actually a lot of people did. Everyone I know who went to see it loved it and the majority of reviews have been positive. I'd order this but I can't see high-def really adding anything to this movie.

[quote name='mrlokievil']Actually a lot of people did. Everyone I know who went to see it loved it and the majority of reviews have been positive. I'd order this but I can't see high-def really adding anything to this movie.[/QUOTE]

It's worth it just for the TrueHD track. Best home theater audio experience you will have without Star Wars or SPR being released. It will sound amazing.

Ok I just found out Amazon lowered the price on Cloverfield to match wally. My bad guys. In order to make up for it here's how to cancel your Wal-mart.com order.

Call 1-800-966-6546
then make the selections 1 then 8

This should give you a live CS. Just tell them you want to cancel your order. You need the order number and your address. They should send an email confirming the cancellation.

I'm on the fence with this one, for fear of a crappy encode screwing this one up. If not, then I'll order it on the spot once it's reviewed.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm on the fence with this one, for fear of a crappy encode screwing this one up. If not, then I'll order it on the spot once it's reviewed.[/QUOTE]

All Paramount BD encodes are pretty much 5 star transfers. That being said, there is a lot of Digital Grain added(think 300). There's plenty of detail but it is all masked by the added digital grain and noise. That and the camera shakes like crazy. The effect totally pays off though.

But the TrueHD track is going to sound phenomenal. It's worth $19 for the audio alone. The movie is pretty entertaining too. And all the extras are in HD.

mine has shipped from wal-mart and I did use the $10 Gift Card form the Smash Bros. screw up. so $13.xx shipped out of pocket for me.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm on the fence with this one, for fear of a crappy encode screwing this one up. If not, then I'll order it on the spot once it's reviewed.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for a few days now and fear not, the PQ and AQ are spectacular. PQ is a bit harsh sometimes, but the AQ is demo quality.

I took a chance that it would stay that price at WAl-Mart through release day. It did, so I printed up the page showing their price and took it to Best Buy and they matched it with no problem. That way, I was able to use my Reward Zone and a $10 gift card I was holding onto specifically for this title.

I waited for the hidefdigest review and now I want to order it but on Amazon it says that it won't be in stock until July 4 for some reason

bread's done
Back