Club Bing thread 4 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='A Gamer']I believe the consoles are currently back-ordered. They have not shipped a console since end of August. If you don't get your console 12 weeks after ordering, and you email them asking where it is, then there is the possibility that they will just credit you the tickets back to your account.[/QUOTE]

hmmm and by some weird coincidence they refunded my tickets today.

oh well hopefully they will have Windows 7 on here when it comes out.

A warning to anyone selling software on eBay, do NOT sell to member daytrader1323 . He ignored my invoice and messages requesting payment. After I contacted eBay and PayPal support, they said I could offer a second chance to the next highest bidder who immediately accepted and paid. He then put through the payment after I'd gotten the second chance payment. Both eBay and Paypal told me that it was my choice to pick which payment I wanted to accept. Figuring that the second chance buyer would provide less of a headache, I contacted the first guy and told him that since he didn't respond and showed no indication of paying, I offered a second chance and it was accepted.

I believed that he did not want the software because he did not read the description I provided about my niece peeling off the top sticker, but then didn't want to back out of the sale to get bad feedback. He's obviously a flipper who buys software cheap on eBay and sells it for a lot more. The second guy just wanted to buy it for himself and didn't care about the sticker. If he would have told me as much, I would have gladly let him back out and sold it to the next highest. l, being pretty new to eBay, I thought he had to cancel the payment so I told him to do so. As I was sending this, PayPal told me I had to and helped me refund his money. I did this within 30 minutes of receiving his payment. He then sent me a bunch of irate emails accusing me of all types of stuff. I apologized and explained what happened over and over. He threatened me and left false negative feedback out of pure spite. Any calm, rational person would have accepted the situation and moved on, but this guy is nuts and kept harassing me even after I asked him to stop mailing me.

Sorry about the wall of text, but just be warned about this guy. He's not a guy I'd recommend selling to.
I try to list everything I've sold fairly and provide free shipping. He left me negative feedback out of pure spite to hurt me and laughed about it.

WARNING !!!

To anyone looking to purchase the Kitchen Aid digital timer on Club Bing, do not get it. It sucks, and yours will probably just be a newly packaged refurb with signs of previous use. Also as a timer, it sucks monkey ass. I can hear mice conversing there plot to steal food from there unsuspecting human roommates, over it's so called "speaker".

[quote name='Mexic4n_Jésus']WARNING !!!

To anyone looking to purchase the Kitchen Aid digital timer on Club Bing, do not get it. It sucks, and yours will probably just be a newly packaged refurb with signs of previous use. Also as a timer, it sucks monkey ass. I can hear mice conversing there plot to steal food from there unsuspecting human roommates, over it's so called "speaker".[/QUOTE]

That's odd. The one I got was loud and annoying enough to wake the dead. My big complaint with it is how long it takes to set. You have to move the dial once to turn it on, then wait for hours to flash to set hours, then wait for minutes to flash to set minutes, then wait for seconds to flash to set seconds. If you are trying to set a timer for a few minutes you can spend half of that time just setting the stupid thing.

I was going to order the food processor and I got the message about filling out the W-9. Guess I've gone over the $600 limit if I get that. Anyone else get that message and fill out the W-9 form?

[quote name='kvadair']That's odd. The one I got was loud and annoying enough to wake the dead. My big complaint with it is how long it takes to set. You have to move the dial once to turn it on, then wait for hours to flash to set hours, then wait for minutes to flash to set minutes, then wait for seconds to flash to set seconds. If you are trying to set a timer for a few minutes you can spend half of that time just setting the stupid thing.[/QUOTE]
I don't know anything about a dial, the timer I have is 100% digital.

KAT150WH_lg.png

I got a black timer a while back. It's quite loud. That was a few months ago(don't remember but it might have been like March or something) so it's possible they've started giving out ones with obvious flaws now.

To cin84_12

Being as everyone runs on a different schedule, and have other affairs to attend to, It's very possible that he just didn't have the time or was to busy to make the payment / check is email. If I'm correct, eBay allots a 7 day time period (post auction) before they will even review a case were the bidder didn't pay, unless a specific time frame for payment is posted on the auction web page (but it's 7 days I believe before they will investigate any matter of dispute). Judging by a quick Google search of the users screen name, It evident that he has a very clean history on eBay, with 100% positive feedback, and as you have admitted, you're relatively new to eBay. Is it possible that in your quest for payment, your patience maybe ran a bit short ? Also it's very possible that the negative feedback left for you, is maybe attributed by a low feedback score or previous negative feedback. Out of curiosity, exactly what were the "context" of these "irate" emails he's been sending you ?

[quote name='Shuino']Just received my black Xbox 360 controller today via UPS. Order it on Sept. 3[/QUOTE]
Good man !. I too just recently received my controller on the 1st of this month (ordered on the 28th of August)

[quote name='louiedog']I have a timer on my phone, on my oven, and on my microwave. That's why I haven't even bothered with the timer.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I have too many timers in my house the way it is.

[quote name='Mexic4n_Jésus']To cin84_12

Being as everyone runs on a different schedule, and have other affairs to attend to, It's very possible that he just didn't have the time or was to busy to make the payment / check is email. If I'm correct, eBay allots a 7 day time period (post auction) before they will even review a case were the bidder didn't pay, unless a specific time frame for payment is posted on the auction web page (but it's 7 days I believe before they will investigate any matter of dispute). Judging by a quick Google search of the users screen name, It evident that he has a very clean history on eBay, with 100% positive feedback, and as you have admitted, you're relatively new to eBay. Is it possible that in your quest for payment, your patience maybe ran a bit short ? Also it's very possible that the negative feedback left for you, is maybe attributed by a low feedback score or previous negative feedback. Out of curiosity, exactly what were the "context" of these "irate" emails he's been sending you ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew about the 7 day policy. That's why I contacted eBay and PayPal support first before offering a second chance. They told me that if I felt this person was not going to pay, which I did, that I could go ahead and send the second chance offer. The negative feedback is from him. He gloated in an email saying he'd sent negative feedback. Here:

Now you have a negative, welcome to eBay! I will not even waste time or energy arguing over you selling the item to someone else ONLY 24 hours after the auction ended.

IDK if you can read the feedback he left me, but he lied, I responded, and then he lied again saying I lied and telling people to stay away from me. I felt like I was being bullied into changing the second chance offer and told him so. He is a very rude person and I advise everyone to stay away from him. It really doesn't matter to me if he's bought thousands of items on the site. I also had 100% positive feedback up until last night. I've received nothing but positive feedback from buyers. I list my items honestly and ship as soon as I receive payment. No decent person acts the way he did, continually harassing me through emails after I asked him to stop.

Before I start, I'd like to let you know that the reason I didn't quote you is because, I don't want to start a huge WoT (Wall of Text)

I'm not siding with anyone, but due process on the buyers end should be considered when selling any item on eBay. Some people pay same day, and others, several days later, and as far as the rules are concerned, they have the right to. I notice in the quote from the email you posted he says "ONLY 24 hours after the auction has ended", which for me raises a lot of thoughts in my head. For example, why did you offer a second chance offer to another bidder only so soon after the auction ended ?, no personal disrespect to you, but 24 hours isn't a very reasonable time frame to offer for a winning bidder to make payment.

Just a general word of advice, when setting up a future auction page, make sure to state an expected time frame for payment, for example, "payment is expected within 48 hour's after auction has ended", therefor when someone makes a bid, not only do they agree to pay for the item, but they also agree to pay for it within the stated time frame. As far as the negative feedback goes, It's a down right scar on your credibility, I personally would dub it "digitally scathing". If you feel the harassment was warrant enough to report him, then do so.

[quote name='HeadKase']I was going to order the food processor and I got the message about filling out the W-9. Guess I've gone over the $600 limit if I get that. Anyone else get that message and fill out the W-9 form?[/QUOTE]
I don't know much about that, but here is a link to a page on this forum that shows that image. My guess is that Club Bing, can not give out more than $600 dollars worth of free prizes to individuals with them reporting it (and you) as it violates some tax policy

Here's that link that page that displays what you got

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228816

Mexic4n_Jésus,

The whole 24 hour thing he's claiming is untrue. The auction ended Saturday so I sent him an invoice like usual. I then sent him a message asking for payment on Sunday. Monday afternoon, he had not responded to either yet so I contacted eBay support asking about their policy on how long to wait before offering a Second Chance. They said it was at my discretion. I sorted everything out with eBay and Paypal and refunded his money. Monday evening, I checked my email and saw that he left me a message demanding a refund. I replied that I had already refunded the money and listed in detail what happened along with the fact that even though I have a low score, it was also all positives.

This is his first email and it got much worse:

REFUND the money immediately or I will file a complaint. The auction ended less than 2 days ago. eBay rules give the buyer 1 week. If the money is not refunded you will receive negative feedback and have a PayPal complaint filed against you. I'm not surprised that someone with only 6 feedback would handle themselves in such a manner. My feedback alone should have been indication enough I would pay. Almost 7000 positives, please show me one negative for non payment? Actually don't waste my time, just refund the money.

Oh and I did file a complaint with eBay because some of his messages are considered harassment.

Your story is very understandable, but from the prospective of the buyer, you have to understand that he was entitled 7 full days to fulfill his part of the transaction. Maybe he was busy, had a family emergency, or simply chose to wait it out, what ever the reason, he still had "time". Another thing, about him sending you those "irate" emails, It's very possible again that from his view, he though maybe you were trying to cheat him out his money, which he probably got the idea from when he looked at your feedback score.

Sending him an email, trying to explain the situation might have been a good move at the time, but it appears to have back fired on you. I can empathize with your stress of setting up a PayPal, eBay, and auction page (not to mention the waiting), only to have things turn out so bad on your part. I can only hypothesize from what you've posted, and what I've read, that maybe you were just a bit impatient in selling your item, and chose to take the easier route of just offering a second chance to a runner up bidder.

*Please keep in mind that I'm not flaming, or blaming you

[quote name='Mexic4n_Jésus']Your story is very understandable, but from the prospective of the buyer, you have to understand that he was entitled 7 full days to fulfill his part of the transaction. Maybe he was busy, had a family emergency, or simply chose to wait it out, what ever the reason, he still had "time". Another thing, about him sending you those "irate" emails, It's very possible again that from his view, he though maybe you were trying to cheat him out his money, which he probably got the idea from when he looked at your feedback score.

Sending him an email, trying to explain the situation might have been a good move at the time, but it appears to have back fired on you. I can empathize with your stress of setting up a PayPal, eBay, and auction page (not to mention the waiting), only to have things turn out so bad on your part. I can only hypothesize from what you've posted, and what I've read, that maybe you were just a bit impatient in selling your item, and chose to take the easier route of just offering a second chance to a runner up bidder.

*Please keep in mind that I'm not flaming, or blaming you[/QUOTE]

Hard to disagree with this assessment. The only time I've ever sent out a second-chance offers sooner than seven days was when the high-bidder contacted me directly and told me they weren't going to pay (because they didn't mean to bid, or they thought it was a different item, etc).

I can't tell you how many times I've put a bid on an item on a Friday, only to realize on Sunday I had won the item -- but because I was away from email and the internet (yes, it's possible), I just didn't know.

Just got a black raspberry lunch tote, ordered 9/7. It's very nice, my girlfriend has been waiting for it. I also found out my new home is only 1 day shipping from the warehouse, which is awesome compared to my previous 4 day wait.

On a side note, which 360 game is everyone hoping Microsoft puts up next? Since it seems like every game that's been up so far has been a Microsoft Game Studios release, I put up a list below (taken from Wikipedia). Personally I'm hoping for Crackdown, Mass Effect, or Banjo Kazooie (I have the originals on XBLA). I'd love to see Fable II, but with new episodic release on Xbox Live, it seems less unlikely.

[quote name='louiedog']

On a side note, which 360 game is everyone hoping Microsoft puts up next? Since it seems like every game that's been up so far has been a Microsoft Game Studios release, I put up a list below (taken from Wikipedia). Personally I'm hoping for Crackdown, Mass Effect, or Banjo Kazooie (I have the originals on XBLA). I'd love to see Fable II, but with new episodic release on Xbox Live, it seems less unlikely.
[/QUOTE]

I'm still bitter that they added Halo 3, a bunch of us ordered it, then they canceled all orders -- so my vote is for that so I can have my revenge...

[quote name='Mexic4n_Jésus']I don't know much about that, but here is a link to a page on this forum that shows that image. My guess is that Club Bing, can not give out more than $600 dollars worth of free prizes to individuals with them reporting it (and you) as it violates some tax policy

Here's that link that page that displays what you got

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228816[/QUOTE]

Right, I saw that on the first page, I was just wondering if anyone else had filled it out or just let it go. I didn't think I had ordered that much stuff, but it's possible depending on how much they value they put on the prizes. Ahh well, I don't really need the processor anyway. Thanks!

[quote name='louiedog']
On a side note, which 360 game is everyone hoping Microsoft puts up next?
[/QUOTE]

I would love to get a copy of Lips for free. I have SingStar for the PS3, which has a good selection of music, but if I got Lips for free I wouldn't complain. I just don't see the value of spending money on it when I've already invested in SingStar + DLC.

[quote name='HeadKase']Right, I saw that on the first page, I was just wondering if anyone else had filled it out or just let it go. I didn't think I had ordered that much stuff, but it's possible depending on how much they value they put on the prizes. Ahh well, I don't really need the processor anyway. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Doing a bit of investigating, I found a page on Club Bing's web page that explains the whole W-9 form issue.
http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/About/About.aspx#TPQ13

[quote name='silverjojo08']I got a black timer a while back. It's quite loud. That was a few months ago(don't remember but it might have been like March or something) so it's possible they've started giving out ones with obvious flaws now.[/QUOTE]

I got my timer at least that long ago (red version) and you can't hear it beeping from more that 2 feet away. Piece of crap.

Can anybody speak on the quality of the BBQ Grill set. I'm looking to start getting some around the house stuff for when I get my new place here soon and want to know the quality of it.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Got my vista ultimate. Going to put it up on ebay for $105 and hopefully it will sell with relative ease.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that way too low? Been awhile since I sold one, but I was getting $170+ with ease...

Edit:
A quick search makes me think getting ~$140 isn't out of the question...

[quote name='steelsmack']Isn't that way too low? Been awhile since I sold one, but I was getting $170+ with ease...

Edit:
A quick search makes me think getting ~$140 isn't out of the question...[/QUOTE]
Well with windows 7 coming out, prices have plummeted. I might try $120, but I don't think anybody is going to pay more than that.

Whooop! Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for a waffle iron for months. I've posted it here and was thinking it yesterday during a discussion about waffles with my girlfriend (seriously). I think about waffles too much.

Hmmm, I wonder what the MSRP Bing uses is. According to Amazon, it looks like the original list price was $110. That seems a bit steep and could factor in for people worrying about the required tax forms.

edit: There's another one with a price of $84.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rickyff7']Waffle maker = WIN

Let see how big is it. *search google*[/QUOTE]

I believe THIS

is the model on the Club Bing site (without the Bing logo). I could be wrong. Amazon has two models that I found. The link above and a second one HERE

Under the dimensions, one of them says:

13 x 4.5 x 10.2 inches ; 8.5 pounds for the iron.

And both models have a shipping weight of 9 pounds.

I'll see what you guys think about it. I have the tickets for it. I just don't know if I'll use it enough to order one. We'll see. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back