Club Bing thread 4 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Afflicted']I dunno what is the ratio of $$ to tickets... somewhere at 5-10 dollars per thousand... [/QUOTE]

There is no real way to determine how Bing prices its prizes. They are all over the place in terms of X number of tickets per dollar.

For instance, that Telescope is roughly 14,500 tickets and costs about $70 on Amazon.

The Keyboard and Mouse combo (before it was removed) was 11,500 tickets and costs about $150 on Amazon.

So you have a 3,000 ticket difference between the two, yet the KB/M combo which requires the least amount of tickets retails for more than double the retail of the Telescope.

I'm not surprised about how they priced the Halo LE given the above. Perhaps they price it based on what they think the demand for it will be...

They probably don't assign the ticket number by just retail price but also what they might think the supply/demand might be. So there is no real ticket to $ ratio.

If the Halo game is still up in two weeks then I'm getting it. I don't even really want it. I just want to have a copy. Do you think it would still be sealed?

[quote name='ohram']If the Halo game is still up in two weeks then I'm getting it. I don't even really want it. I just want to have a copy. Do you think it would still be sealed?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it wouldn't, the other games come sealed and this LE isn't all that limited to begin with.

The only thing I question is the higher point electronics. People have received refurbished Zunes, Xbox 360's and Digital Cameras even though many, if not all, of them were never stated as being refurbished.

I mean, free is free but they should atleast disclose if it's a refurb or not.

Sweet! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 11.5k KB/M before they removed it.

Ordered the latest one, should work great with WMC.

[quote name='ohram']Not sure about this, but the MicrosoftLife chat 3000 headphones are back along with a black play n charge kit.[/QUOTE]

:bouncy: Good timing as my headset is about the fall apart. I love this thing so I'm glad to see it finally go back up.

[quote name='Liquidx01']Sweet! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 11.5k KB/M before they removed it.

Ordered the latest one, should work great with WMC.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I ordered both. I want the ergnomic one for my desk and the entertainment one for my living room.

I'm also glad to see the headset. I threw out my old one during my last move because it was falling apart. I bought TF2 during the $2.49 sale last week and now have a need for one again.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Has anyone gotten Age of Empires III lately? Can you confirm if it's the regular, gold, or complete edition?[/QUOTE]
Age of Empires was put up on 10/13, so nobody should have gotten it yet. We'll keep you posted.

[quote name='cin84_12']:bouncy: Good timing as my headset is about the fall apart. I love this thing so I'm glad to see it finally go back up.[/QUOTE]

Does it work with the 360? I've read some reviews and they are kinda spotty.

I tried to order the mouse/keyboard combo on 4 different accounts and got the W9 message on all of them. As a test, I tried to redeem for the hammock on one and it was going through without the W9 warning. Just more proof that their assigned ticket values vary wildly.

I figured as much, but since the bottom of the W9 page says

"If you do not want to continue with this prize redemption and complete a W-9 form, you may place an order for a lesser ticket value item to remain within the $600 per calendar year threshold."

I thought maybe they would reduce the assumed value of the items to be more in line with the ticket amounts. I guess they need to rephrase that statement.

[quote name='ohram']Not sure about this, but the MicrosoftLife chat 3000 headphones are back along with a black play n charge kit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cin84_12']:bouncy: Good timing as my headset is about the fall apart. I love this thing so I'm glad to see it finally go back up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Does it work with the 360? I've read some reviews and they are kinda spotty.[/QUOTE]

Does it work with 360 OR PS3. I know that USB headsets work on PSN, but I'm wondering if THIS one will work. I'd love to order one if it works for either system.

Also, just ordered the new keyboard-mouse combo. 5,000 tickets was hard to say "no" to. :lol:

[quote name='killer9']it will work on the ps3 but thats a big no for xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks. I just ordered it. And now my ticket balance is at 86 tickets. OUCH! #-o

Well, I have 55 minutes to finish Binging today.

3,400pts - Ogio Half Dome Bag - Black

has been added. and yes you can order it even if you ordered the other ones from before

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='free_willy']I tried to order the mouse/keyboard combo on 4 different accounts and got the W9 message on all of them. As a test, I tried to redeem for the hammock on one and it was going through without the W9 warning. Just more proof that their assigned ticket values vary wildly.

I figured as much, but since the bottom of the W9 page says

"If you do not want to continue with this prize redemption and complete a W-9 form, you may place an order for a lesser ticket value item to remain within the $600 per calendar year threshold."

I thought maybe they would reduce the assumed value of the items to be more in line with the ticket amounts. I guess they need to rephrase that statement.[/QUOTE]

About how much does the item have to be worth to have to fill out a W9 form? I really don't want to have to fill one out for a prize ever.

Oh man, now there's too many items I want to order! Though I'm hoping one of you can answer a question. Has anyone used the telescope they have up on their website or one close to it?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']*edit* I received my order confirmation minutes after placing the order[/QUOTE]

I never got one (not yet anyway) from my GF's account, different email, name and address obviously.

I went ahead and ordered one on my main, @ 5,000 tickets figured why not.

Got a confirmation from that one immediately. If I end up with two, I'll sell one off.

Has anyone ever gotten something from Bing without a confirmation email?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to get the Keyboard but apparently I'm over the $600 limit and I don't want to fill out a tax form. I'm thinking of starting another account.

[quote name='Duckman5']Was going to get the Keyboard but apparently I'm over the $600 limit and I don't want to fill out a tax form. I'm thinking of starting another account.[/QUOTE]

Do it. You'll only need 5 days. It could last that long. Just make sure you don't order it under the same name or email address as your old account.

ARGH!! I'm so mad I spent the 11.5 K on the friggin' ergonomic set, I hate Keyboards that have a split through the middle... grr

Well here goes another 5 K for this one...

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']ARGH!! I'm so mad I spent the 11.5 K on the friggin' ergonomic set, I hate Keyboards that have a split through the middle... grr

Well here goes another 5 K for this one...[/QUOTE]

Have you ever used one for an extended period of time? It takes some time to get used to. After a couple of weeks I loved mine. Once you've used it for awhile it's much more comfortable. I had a Microsoft Natural keyboard for maybe 10 years before it gave out after quite a bit of abuse. It's the best keyboard I ever had.

Of course I know people who can't get used to them because they don't type properly. The layout sort of assumes you do that.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Hm, type properly meaning, home row, sitting up, back straight, keyboard at waist level, etc?[/QUOTE]

Well, I was just referring to home row, hitting the right keys with the right fingers, kind of typing. A friend could never use my natural keyboard because he hit keys weirdly and was crossing his right hand over to the left side and left hand over to the right side.

has anyone received the food processor yet? the one I ordered should prolly have been here today but wasn't shipped... ordered the dvd player the day before and it was delivered yesterday...

so just wondering if anyone has seen these yet or they just behind on the shipping

[quote name='Afflicted']has anyone received the food processor yet? the one I ordered should prolly have been here today but wasn't shipped... ordered the dvd player the day before and it was delivered yesterday...

so just wondering if anyone has seen these yet or they just behind on the shipping[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm waiting on 3. This is the first vote winning prize I've ordered, so I can't verify, but I heard from someone else that these prizes take longer to ship. It'll be more like a month and a half to two months.

[quote name='kaydensmom69']as long as it shows under "my prizes" or whatever on the clubbing site you're gravy.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's there. I just ordered a controller on that account and received a confirmation email on that soon after so I guess I'm okay.

Really didn't need two KB/M but I knew they'd be gone soon and I wanted to make sure I got in on one.

[quote name='Ninja300x']well the keyboard/mouse is gone lol[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad I didn't wait too long to decide whether to get it or not, and just redeemed it straight out. I hope this doesn't mean they'll have shortages, and it'll take forever to ship... :lol:

Wish they'd have Microsoft Point or Xbox Live subscriptions up, even if they were as overpriced as the Halo 3 limited edition prize; they could save a ton on shipping by making it email only.

Got shipping email for Lost Odyssey today. Going on the back burner since Dragon Age came out yesterday. :) Oh well always nice to have a game in reserve. I plan on getting Halo 3. I know it's over priced, but this way I can play Halo 3 with my cousin and not have to buy and have him be jealous of my cat helmet. :)

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Wish they'd have Microsoft Point or Xbox Live subscriptions up, even if they were as overpriced as the Halo 3 limited edition prize; they could save a ton on shipping by making it email only.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I agree with the Microsoft Points and XBL subscriptions as far as being prizes. I mentioned something about those in the first survey I took for recommended prizes. Those things would sell quick.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Wish they'd have Microsoft Point or Xbox Live subscriptions up, even if they were as overpriced as the Halo 3 limited edition prize; they could save a ton on shipping by making it email only.[/QUOTE]

There's no way they'd email them. If they just required an email people would make hundreds of accounts and resell them on ebay. If they required an address but still emailed them, people would go through the phonebook and list everyone in their town and again, order hundreds.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']So if they did mail it you'd only be able to order one... Lol[/QUOTE]

If you don't see the difference in what people are doing now and what people could do with email codes, you clearly haven't thought it through and lack imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back