Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do the codes inside of game boxes expire for Club Nintendo? I could get gold status this year with the few codes/surveys I have left, but I would rather wait since platinum next year will be easy after watching the Nintendo press conference :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I bought a few extra codes to achieve Platinum status and Excite Truck was no longer worth any coins. When I entered the code it said something like "this title is no longer allowed to gain you coins or surveys." It's the first time I've ever seen that happen.

Anyways, I hope we get an email telling us when coins expire. Don't want to log in one day and see like half of my coins gone.

I'm more than likely wrong, but I heard that the time frame for redeeming games for coins was something like 3 years, so that would mean that all the Wii launch games (Excitetruck, LoZ: Twilight Princess, WarioWare: Smooth Moves) would no longer be eligible (coming soon: Metroid Prime 3 and SMG ineligibility).

I've been holding on to a few codes until this new Club year begins. It sucks I won't get the extra coins for registering SMG2, but I'll take 50 coins toward Platinum over 60 coins toward a goal I'd already reached.

[quote name='Nirron']I'm more than likely wrong, but I heard that the time frame for redeeming games for coins was something like 3 years, so that would mean that all the Wii launch games (Excitetruck, LoZ: Twilight Princess, WarioWare: Smooth Moves) would no longer be eligible (coming soon: Metroid Prime 3 and SMG ineligibility).

I've been holding on to a few codes until this new Club year begins. It sucks I won't get the extra coins for registering SMG2, but I'll take 50 coins toward Platinum over 60 coins toward a goal I'd already reached.[/QUOTE]

ExciteTruck hasn't "expired" - it was one of the few Wii Titles released before the launch of Club Nintendo (Dec '08) that was not eligible for coins... i.e.: It's *never* gotten coins for anyone.

I just personally wonder what Platinum members are getting this year. I'm hoping its something bad-ass personally. Like that Game and Watch unit, maybe an exclusive DS game, or even a coupon for $50 off the 3DS. Hopeful thinking but meh lol :D

Yay, I made it to Platinum for the second year!
I still can't decide on what to spend any of my 1200 coins on though haha.
I was thinking about getting one of the Game and Watch collections, anyone have an opinion on them?

[quote name='Rocksnake']Yay, I made it to Platinum for the second year!
I still can't decide on what to spend any of my 1200 coins on though haha.
I was thinking about getting one of the Game and Watch collections, anyone have an opinion on them?[/QUOTE]
I reached Platinum status both last year and this year, with 10 points to spare. I got the G&W Collection last year and G&W Collection 2 this year. For free, they're not half bad. Obviously, its playability is very limited since it's the same old same old. The 2nd collection has an exclusive game which is a hybrid of Parachute and Octopus. If worse meets worst, flip it or use it as trade bait.

I have to give major props to Nintendo. I ordered G&W Collection 2 through Club Nintendo on Monday night. It shipped from WA on Tuesday morning and was in my mailbox some 2000 miles away on Thursday morning. I wasn't expecting to get the game until tomorrow at the very least.

[quote name='Chronis']I reacher Gold status both this and last year. Oh yeah, i'm big ballin. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same, I don't have high goals. :bouncy:

Anybody have any extra codes? I'm 20 points short of gold status. I would really appreciate it. Send me a PM if you would like to help. Thanks.

Sorry if there's another thread for this type of thing.

signed up earlier. I'll be rounding up some ds games and go from 0 coins to 300 (should be exact) by the 30th :D

I heard about a bonus 20 coin survey thing. how's that work and is there a way to take it after June 30?

oh and silly question, is there a way to tell if a code/pin has been used? I'm also assuming duplicate games can not be entered (basically you can't enter two different pins that came from two separate copies of the same game).

You can tell if it's used by entering it in the Redeem area or consulting your list of registered products.

That 20-coin survey will likely still be distributed after June 30th. I have it, but have yet to complete it. Duplicate games can be entered on your family account.

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']That 20-coin survey will likely still be distributed after June 30th. I have it, but have yet to complete it. Duplicate games can be entered on your family account.[/QUOTE]

I think it says that the 20 point survey expires June 30th.

I honestly didn't pay attention to that. I guess I'll have to do those 3 for the 50 coins before the 30th comes.

I'm double platinum this year, platinum on two accounts. I doubt that will be repeated for me, though. I got there in large part from trades/flipping, and I've pretty much lost the energy to keep that kind of thing up. Was fun for a while, though. Hopefully we get some good rewards this year (though I'm not complaining about last year - I like the hat!) I can't wait to find out. I'll probably get Platinum next year, what with all the great titles coming, but only once.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm double platinum this year, platinum on two accounts. I doubt that will be repeated for me, though. I got there in large part from trades/flipping, and I've pretty much lost the energy to keep that kind of thing up. Was fun for a while, though. Hopefully we get some good rewards this year (though I'm not complaining about last year - I like the hat!) I can't wait to find out. I'll probably get Platinum next year, what with all the great titles coming, but only once.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that since Nintendo staggers their releases so far apart, if you've already registered everything possible up to this point (which I pretty much have), and you can only rely on points from new releases now, you will probably barely have enough for one platinum accoumt, let alone two.

Man, I overshot platinum by 400 points. I wasn't keeping track of what I had and just kept on registering and taking surveys!!!

FYI if you register the new black Wii bundle you get 160 coins. Just put me over Platinum status !!
Now i just need to remember to claim my reward as I forgot last year and missed out on that Mario hat

[quote name='spmahn']The problem is that since Nintendo staggers their releases so far apart, if you've already registered everything possible up to this point (which I pretty much have), and you can only rely on points from new releases now, you will probably barely have enough for one platinum accoumt, let alone two.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but I've got a ton of post-plays still to do, including WiiWare and DSiWare, as well as retail game post-plays, plus some games I haven't registered yet, such as NSMBWii, SMG2, etc. I won't have any trouble getting a single platinum in the next CN year. I don't think I'll manage two, or even 1 plat and 1 gold, though.

I know that you don't get coins for multiples of a game, but what about systems? Long story short, I have codes for 3 different DSi... do I get 160 for each of them?

Thanks!

Hmmm... I forget, actually. Might want to check the FAQ but I'm pretty sure that if it's a yes, I'm pretty sure it would need to be registered under the family account.

Last day of the Nintendo year folks.

For those of you who reached platinum what are you hoping for? I would personally love a snes classic controller.

The only correct answer is an exclusive controller. Japan's Club Nintendo is littered with the damn things. I'd also accept a token or something to purchase a Club Nintendo exclusive console or handheld.

[quote name='Halo05']The only correct answer is an exclusive controller. Japan's Club Nintendo is littered with the damn things. I'd also accept a token or something to purchase a Club Nintendo exclusive console or handheld.[/QUOTE]

Japan and the Euro Club Nintendo rewards put Americas to shame. Its always a bummer when that happens.

Aaaaaaaaand we're platinum.

As for what I'd like to have? Possibilities (some repeats from above):
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST (Like Japan will get), or really any soundtrack
  • An exclusive controller (Mario themed Classic Controller Pro?)
  • Kirby Patch (I'd settle for just being able to use coins to get it)
  • A set of these totally sweet playing cards (Retro/2D Mario most wanted)
  • Special edition Wiimotes with WM+ built in (though there's no reason to limit this kind of thing to ClubNintendo)
  • Artbooks of some kind
  • Perhaps access to things like Another Code Wii

[quote name='Strell']Perhaps access to things like Another Code Wii
[/QUOTE]

Not that they probably read any of the answers given, but anytime there's a survey for Club Nintendo that gives me the chance to answer, I always suggest limited games that have been translated to English but there's no plans to market their release here, like Another Code R or Tingle's Rupeeland. Heck, even with the DS games, they can just sell the UK versions, since there's no region coding on them.

Not that this matters, but the official deadline is midnight tomorrow, right? As in, you've got a little over 24 hours to put codes in, yeah?

Strell had a good idea, a unique classic controller pro! I highly doubt we will get anything good though but I do have high hopes. I've imported a lot of the Club Nintendo prizes from Japan. They by far are so much better then the stuff offered here. My favorite being the Super Famicon controllers for the Wii.

[quote name='Strell']Not that this matters, but the official deadline is midnight tomorrow, right? As in, you've got a little over 24 hours to put codes in, yeah?[/QUOTE]

That's my understanding.

Which means that I'll be up into the Wii (heh) hours of the morning Thursday, filling out stored surveys so I can get another Day 1 Platinum. Just because I can. :)

and platinum status reached. I almost messed up getting exactly 600 since I took 2 bonus surveys: the bonus (20 coins) and welcome surveys (20 coins). I had to enter 2 Wii games in order to make the 15 ds games even.

how do i ensure my free gift?

As long as you got the Platinum shield icon showing up in your account, you'll get the gift. Nintendo probably won't announce the rewards for a month or so, but I'm sure this thread will get plenty of responses at that time. Plus you'll probably be e-mailed by Nintendo too.

[quote name='UncleBob']Not that they probably read any of the answers given, but anytime there's a survey for Club Nintendo that gives me the chance to answer, I always suggest limited games that have been translated to English but there's no plans to market their release here, like Another Code R or Tingle's Rupeeland. Heck, even with the DS games, they can just sell the UK versions, since there's no region coding on them.[/QUOTE]
I do the same thing, I really want to see Another Code R and Disaster released as Club Nintendo prizes. Hopefully enough people do the same.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Last day of the Nintendo year folks.

For those of you who reached platinum what are you hoping for? I would personally love a snes classic controller.[/QUOTE]
All I want is Exclamation Warriors. But I would take something else functional as well.

[quote name='KingBroly']Expect a choice between a digital game and a novelty item.[/QUOTE]

And choosing the digital item seems foolish knowing that it is tied to your console and you'll never get it back if you buy the Wii2/WiiHD/shiny new color Wii.

The Mario hat we got last year is better than nothing but really lacking compared to Japan.

[quote name='ZForce915']And choosing the digital item seems foolish knowing that it is tied to your console and you'll never get it back if you buy the Wii2/WiiHD/shiny new color Wii.

The Mario hat we got last year is better than nothing but really lacking compared to Japan.[/QUOTE]

I complain as much as the next guy about the lack of a license transfer option, but I have enough junk and unless the physical item crosses the nifty line where it could be displayed on the curio in the dining room I'll probably opt for a digital game instead.

You are of course right I may lose a digital game should I change hardware, but the other item could be fleeting fun like world cup vuvuzela and end up at Goodwill.

[quote name='foltzie']I complain as much as the next guy about the lack of a license transfer option, but I have enough junk and unless the physical item crosses the nifty line where it could be displayed on the curio in the dining room I'll probably opt for a digital game instead.

You are of course right I may lose a digital game should I change hardware, but the other item could be fleeting fun like world cup vuvuzela and end up at Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

A valid point. I have made quite an effort to reduce the clutter in my house and bringing in another semi-pointless video game related trinket is likely to be headed into a box shortly after I get it. I would prefer a functional item like a controller.

I sold my Mario hat (because my head is huge) for $20 after I got it last year. So I suppose there is always that element...cash.

[quote name='foltzie']I complain as much as the next guy about the lack of a license transfer option, but I have enough junk and unless the physical item crosses the nifty line where it could be displayed on the curio in the dining room I'll probably opt for a digital game instead.

You are of course right I may lose a digital game should I change hardware, but the other item could be fleeting fun like world cup vuvuzela and end up at Goodwill.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo produced a disc for the purpose of Wii reminiscence transfer. They don't want to give out the disc (too powerful of a tool), so they make you send both Wiis into them.

[quote name='ZForce915']And choosing the digital item seems foolish knowing that it is tied to your console and you'll never get it back if you buy the Wii2/WiiHD/shiny new color Wii.

The Mario hat we got last year is better than nothing but really lacking compared to Japan.[/QUOTE]

Well it also was out first year with the program, yeah.

What did Japan get the first year Club Nintendo started up over there?

[quote name='Doomed']Nintendo produced a disc for the purpose of Wii reminiscence transfer. They don't want to give out the disc (too powerful of a tool), so they make you send both Wiis into them.[/QUOTE]

Where is this information from?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Where is this information from?[/QUOTE]
"Wii reminiscence transfer" - :lol:

Nintendo accidentally sent the disc back inside someone's Wii.

I reached 600 coins last night and even ordered a 600-coin item but my account only shows I earned 490. What gives?

[quote name='Nohbdy']I reached 600 coins last night and even ordered a 600-coin item but my account only shows I earned 490. What gives?[/QUOTE]

Its 600 coins per year. So if you had coins from last year, you will not be at platinum.

Personally I needed to put in most of my codes from the past year. Its a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Doomed']"Wii reminiscence transfer" - :lol:

Nintendo accidentally sent the disc back inside someone's Wii.[/QUOTE]

And how does it work? How can one transfer data from console to console... is a wire needed? Details!

[quote name='furyk']Its 600 coins per year. So if you had coins from last year, you will not be at platinum.

Personally I needed to put in most of my codes from the past year. Its a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Nintendo, for not making it obvious as to which coins are from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back