Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flameofdoom666']The pins are a cool prize, but at that many coins- it was wayyyy to overpriced.[/QUOTE]

True they are overpriced. However it may be worth it if they were limited not planning on producing anymore.

Is this where we would trade codes? I had 2 spirit track ones and you cant enter the same game twice. So if anyone wants to trade. The only ds games ive bought in the last yr are spirit tracks and harvest moon grand bazaar so anything but those two would be cool.

I'm pretty sure the pins are left overs from Japan's Club Nintendo. You'll notice the one pin says "Nintendo, Co, LTD" which, of course, is Nintendo in Japan. Also, all three of mine came in boxes with English labels stuck over the Japanese print....

Here is a pic of what my C pin packaging looked like. Was bouncing around in that box and came loose from its blister pack backing. I just noticed the japanese print under the sticker on the back after reading your post. The box is about 2.5" square and arrived in about 2 days.

[quote name='Dranakin']I'm 230 points over Platinum this year, but I didn't have the patience to hang onto my slips for next summer to roll around.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Plus, if you wait you may miss out on appealing prizes that are available now. The towels are cool but really expensive. The poster sets and even the bookmarks/folder sets are neat. Was hoping to get a tote bag, but it doesn't seem like it's coming back.

I have to admit, I liked the pins, but I slept on them. A lot of it is that, though I have a lot of points, I'm always worried about the 'what if?'. As in, if I go ahead and spend all of my points, I have a feeling that's when something awesome will pop up.

Granted, we've been given no indication that anything like that will happen, but still. ;)

This thread is great, though, as it's a good gauge of what's actually worth it.

There's going to be a new thread soon because a new year is approaching. I want to have more user feedback in it, too.

While the OP will mostly stay the same, I'm going to clean it up a bit.

What do you mean exactly? I'm not in control of what Nintendo puts out.

Hey, anyone want a Punch-Out Wii code?

EDIT: Taken

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's free, I'll gladly take it off your hands :D.

It might sound weird, since I have about 4 messenger bags now that I don't use, but I kinda want one of them. I guess it's the fact that right now I can't have it, but suddenly I kinda want one.

If/when they come back, I probably won't even bite. It's weird.

[quote name='KingBroly']What do you mean exactly? I'm not in control of what Nintendo puts out.[/QUOTE]

Just having some fun with you...

You know, like maybe if you put it on the first page, Nintendo will get the hint... or you can just call your contacts at Nintendo... :lol:

I just did a quick count of my "to do" list to see how many coins I've got saved up for when the new year arrives in July.

Provided I counted right, it's 550 coins. Nice. I'll have Platinum for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. Cool.

[quote name='Altanis']I just did a quick count of my "to do" list to see how many coins I've got saved up for when the new year arrives in July.

Provided I counted right, it's 550 coins. Nice. I'll have Platinum for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. Cool.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I hit Platinum on day one for the Nintendo Year Ending 2010. Hit Platinum again on day one for NYE 2011. Unless they add some super-awesome prizes that I need to cash in a bunch of coins for, I'll be hitting Platinum again on day one for NYE 2012.

Yeah, I have 1240 coins right now and am debating what I should splurge on. I'm thinking maybe one of the G&W collection games. I might even just get the screensavers too. I figure they're cheap enough to where the holiday surveys I did pay for them.

You know what I hate? The fact that you can't register a game until the day of its release. Which wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for having to wait until midnight, Pacific time. Meaning if I buy the game at midnight, rush home and try to register it, I get denied.

Really, is registering the game early that big of a deal?

[quote name='UncleBob']You know what I hate? The fact that you can't register a game until the day of its release. Which wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for having to wait until midnight, Pacific time. Meaning if I buy the game at midnight, rush home and try to register it, I get denied.

Really, is registering the game early that big of a deal?[/QUOTE]
If you're so excited about a game that you buy it at midnight and rush home I doubt the first thing on most people's mind is registering it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']If you're so excited about a game that you buy it at midnight and rush home I doubt the first thing on most people's mind is registering it.[/QUOTE]

'meh, it takes a few seconds and I like to register my games when I open them so I don't forget.

Besides, why not? Is there any good reason to keep someone from registering their game "early"?

It would appear Strell has gotten his wish:

kirby_patch_set_fluff_big_1.jpg

kirby_patch_set_saucer_big_1.jpg

There's also a set of New Super Mario Bros. Wii wiimote straps (450 points). I think I may have to bite on those...

Ordered the Messenger Bag, thanks for the heads up that it is back in stock.

Kirby patches are nice but I wish you could mix/match. I would want standard Kirby with one of his vehicle transformations... the prince is useless.

[quote name='lilman']Ordered the Messenger Bag, thanks for the heads up that it is back in stock.

Kirby patches are nice but I wish you could mix/match. I would want standard Kirby with one of his vehicle transformations... the prince is useless.[/QUOTE]

Prince Fluff is the one that I want the most! If you wanted to... we could maybe work something out.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Prince Fluff is the one that I want the most! If you wanted to... we could maybe work something out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks but I went ahead and ordered the the Kirby/Prince set. I don't care much for the prince since I only played the game sp, but he'll balance out the Kirby patch when I place them on the lower left/right sides of the messenger bag.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It would appear Strell has gotten his wish:
[/QUOTE]

I bought a few patches off eBay (someone had them cheap) and this will add to the collection.

GoNintendo had a contest to win patches and stuff about a month ago, and one of them was a Kirbymarine. That's about the only one at this point - after these sets - that I'll still want. Oh, and Kirbyfiretruck.

Wonder how I can get one of those.

Edit: Oh, question hopefully someone can answer. There is a ClubNintendo Mario Galaxy 2 OST that was released in Japan. There are some people selling it on eBay. What are chances these are legit and not bootlegs? I had to get the first OST through Play-Asia, but I don't see it on there. Don't see it on NCSX as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']I bought a few patches off eBay (someone had them cheap) and this will add to the collection.

GoNintendo had a contest to win patches and stuff about a month ago, and one of them was a Kirbymarine. That's about the only one at this point - after these sets - that I'll still want. Oh, and Kirbyfiretruck.

Wonder how I can get one of those.

Edit: Oh, question hopefully someone can answer. There is a ClubNintendo Mario Galaxy 2 OST that was released in Japan. There are some people selling it on eBay. What are chances these are legit and not bootlegs? I had to get the first OST through Play-Asia, but I don't see it on there. Don't see it on NCSX as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

An actual picture of the soundtrack itself physically in-hand would be a good indicator for starters.

[quote name='Strell']Edit: Oh, question hopefully someone can answer. There is a ClubNintendo Mario Galaxy 2 OST that was released in Japan. There are some people selling it on eBay. What are chances these are legit and not bootlegs? I had to get the first OST through Play-Asia, but I don't see it on there. Don't see it on NCSX as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I did the same as you for the first, but I have yet to see the 2nd OST show up on NCSX or Play-Asia.

Relax. 40 coins is 1 DS game and a post-play survey or 1 Wii game.

The Club Nintendo year doesn't end until June 30 anyway. If you can't find one eligible title between now and then, either your tastes in games are god awful or something.

[quote name='Altanis']Relax. 40 coins is 1 DS game and a post-play survey or 1 Wii game.

The Club Nintendo year doesn't end until June 30 anyway. If you can't find one eligible title between now and then, either your tastes in games are god awful or something.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just coming in here to find that out. Wow, I got a long while to get some coins then. Is it messed up to register a Wii that I got for someone when I know they're 99% likely to not ever go on Club Nintendo?

I got the two patches and one of the fans. Considered the Messenger Bag, but I think I'll just save another 800 for the Game & Watch collection.

Question, Do I get points for registering a DSi XL? I know I got nothing for my Wii and DSs, but I did get some for the DSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back