Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a Special Offers section, which includes the 30 bonus coins deal and the ability to get a code for Charizard in Pokemon Rumble. Also, Glory of Heracles is no longer up for intend to buy.

[quote name='KingBroly']I added a Special Offers section, which includes the 30 bonus coins deal and the ability to get a code for Charizard in Pokemon Rumble. Also, Glory of Heracles is no longer up for intend to buy.[/QUOTE]

Glory of Heracles is still up, and will be up until 1/11.

A quick note about game codes. I noticed that some codes no longer give coins. I had been sitting on Mario & Luigi Partners in Time code forever, and finally entered it over Christmas. It accepted the code but said no coins are given for it. I'm sure before there were coins given, so I'm assuming it's because Bowser's Inside Story is out now, and PiT is considered out-of-print/obsolete. Just something to keep in mind (especially when trading codes).

I wonder what other games might be affected in the near future. I have lots of other codes I haven't entered yet. if someone has a way to know/check which games will no longer be elgible and when, please post it because that would be helpful for everyone to know.

[quote name='soonersfan60']A quick note about game codes. I noticed that some codes no longer give coins. I had been sitting on Mario & Luigi Partners in Time code forever, and finally entered it over Christmas. It accepted the code but said no coins are given for it. I'm sure before there were coins given, so I'm assuming it's because Bowser's Inside Story is out now, and PiT is considered out-of-print/obsolete. Just something to keep in mind (especially when trading codes).

I wonder what other games might be affected in the near future. I have lots of other codes I haven't entered yet. if someone has a way to know/check which games will no longer be elgible and when, please post it because that would be helpful for everyone to know.[/QUOTE]

Look at the FAQ on Club Nintendo. PiT never was eligable for coins.

Realized I had 750 points sitting there and many surveys to do (including that 30 point one), so finally got it to 800 points and ordered the Game & Watch Collection. I know it's nothing special, but I've got a big collection of the real G&W's and fond memories of my parents getting them for my brother and I before trips (pre-NES, I know that dates me). So it has sentimental value for me beyond its value as a collector's item.

The only other prize I see that interests me is the recently added Zelda poster collection. Guess I'll start working toward that.

Thanks King and Flame for pointing that out. I knew there was a list, I just never looked at it. I did think it was odd that a game would "change" status, but my fault was just "assuming" that PiT would get coins since it was a major release by Nintendo--and came out after other "coin" releases like Super Mario 64 DS.

I went ahead and filled in 2 Post Play Surveys, so I'm up to Platinum status again (420 coins in the bank). It's going to a long 6 months holding onto all these Nintendo games I haven't registered.

- Clubhouse Games
- Fire Emblem
- Mario & Luigi 3
- Pokemon Diamond
- Tetris DS

You could make a second account and register those games there and go double-platinum. That's what I did. I've till got about 120 points worth of post-plays to do for next club-year, as well as some other games, though I doubt I'll be able to go double-platinum next year. Anyway, I'm hoping for some good reward options, and I'll be able to get both, or two of one of them. Figured it was worth a shot.

Woot, I only needed 170 coins to reach Platinum for 2010 and I have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Pikmin, and ExciteBots: Trick Racing (the last 2 from Best Buy recently), along with 1/3 of the post play surveys for those to get me there.

I'm still peeved that I registered more games than I needed to for Platinum in 2009, since I didn't know extra coins past 600 wouldn't roll-over for Elite status. 160 coins that didn't go toward my 2010 status :whistle2:(.

That bothers me because I would've reached Gold status for 2011 with only 3 new DS game purchases. I doubt I was ever going to reach Platinum for 2011, but instead of starting with 180, I will only have 20 :whistle2:( and there's no way I would pay $30/$50 a game just to get 40/60 points per game to try to get to Gold/Platinum.

ordered another Game & Watch Collection and I've got to say that was the fastest that I've ever gotten something from them. Ordered it last Thursday and got it today

Almost at platinum for this year too, question though do our points expire a year after we register them or not. Have conflicting information.

From the Club Nintendo FAQ:
Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.
Maybe this info can be added to the OP, as well as a direct link to the Club Nintendo homepage: https://club.nintendo.com/home.do

[quote name='Ryukahn']Endless Ocean Blue World intend to buy is up.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, thanks for mentioning that. I already have it pre-ordered so I signed myself up for "intend to buy" just now.

Anyone found an appropriately sized frame for the History of Zelda poster yet or am I going to have to get a custom frame made at Michael's?

[quote name='maximumzero']Anyone found an appropriately sized frame for the History of Zelda poster yet or am I going to have to get a custom frame made at Michael's?[/QUOTE]

It's such an unusual size, I think you have to get a custom frame. I tried checking by Hobby Lobby, and they quoted me something in the range of $80+, so if you get a quote cheaper, would you mind checking back in?

Did the "Intend to Buy" for Endless Ocean.

Definitely should *not* have climbed up to Platinum so quickly. I've got a bunch of surveys for next year, but, I'll lose some ground if I register anymore games during this period. (And Pokemon and Endless Ocean are already preordered...with Metroid M and Galaxy 2 also in there.)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It's such an unusual size, I think you have to get a custom frame. I tried checking by Hobby Lobby, and they quoted me something in the range of $80+, so if you get a quote cheaper, would you mind checking back in?[/QUOTE]

Jesus $80? In the tube it stays.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Endless Ocean Blue World intend to buy is up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know this. Took the intent to buy survey since I have it pre-ordered through Amazon.

[quote name='maximumzero']Anyone found an appropriately sized frame for the History of Zelda poster yet or am I going to have to get a custom frame made at Michael's?[/QUOTE]

Feel free to check out my blog if you would like. I got a bigger-than-needed frame at Target.

[IMG-C=5992]11645[/IMG-C]

I believe the frame is 24" x 36" or thereabouts. (On clearance for $6.25, normally $25.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='regis100']Feel free to check out my blog if you would like. I got a bigger-than-needed frame at Target.

[IMG-C=5992]11645[/IMG-C]

I believe the frame is 24" x 36" or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

How much was it? :)

You know, I have a funny feeling that Monster Hunter Tri might have Club Nintendo points in it. At least the bundle version.

[quote name='maximumzero']Jesus $80? In the tube it stays.[/QUOTE]

You guys have clearly never had things custom framed before hehe.

BTW, I got in the mail a couple days ago a coupon for 55% off custom framing at Michael's. These coupons are great as you have now found out the cost of custom framing. I had two photos I took framed a while back using one of their 60% off coupons and it saved me $600!

Anyway, my point is, keep an eye out for these coupons. They will mail them to your house, or you can find out about them in like the newspaper ads usually. They seem to come out pretty regularly at Michael's (every couple months or so). YMMV I suppose but in my experience they have been pretty universal in terms of nationwide availability.

Ruahrc

[quote name='david12795']How much was it? :)[/QUOTE]

It's not the same frame, but I picked a 22x34" frame up at Target for $9.99. It will be a cheap solution until I find a more durable frame.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It's not the same frame, but I picked a 22x34" frame up at Target for $9.99. It will be a cheap solution until I find a more durable frame.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. But im more worried at the price than quality. Unless that frame you bought is going to like collapse D:

But all in all, I just want a poster frame that has a black border around it and won't collapse on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back