Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently I forgot to get Cubello. Sorry Strell ;)

And it looks like a pass on this month's games - nothing interesting there for me.

My Super Mario 3D post play survey expires in a few days. Im asuming of this year, right? Also those free GBA games expire this month of this year???

[quote name='maigoyume']Free GBA games? Is he talking about the Ambassador titles?[/QUOTE]

Definitely would assume so. There's no way I'd miss free GBA games if there wasn't some stipulation to it... ;)

[quote name='setai']I'm wondering how good Metal Torrent is; might have to get that one.[/QUOTE]

Average Metacritic is 62.

"There are hundreds, if not thousands, of shmups you can play for free on the Internet. Practically all of them are better than Metal Torrent."

[quote name='setai']I'm wondering how good Metal Torrent is; might have to get that one.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Star Soldier R? It's one level, and the goal is to get the highest score you can. Metal Torrent is exactly the same, only vertical instead of horizontal. Definite pass, imo.

I am gonna get platinum again this year thanks to 2 $3 codes that I bought from ebay. Not a bad deal considering I only needed 2 more codes to hit platinum.

Club Nintendo site is still down for maintenance, need to complete some surveys! Oh and since I screwed up and missed out on one of them I emailed Nintendo about it and next day I received a reply:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Hello,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]I took a look at your account, and I'm happy to say that everything appears to be okay now. I logged into your account and was able to resolve the issue of the missing survey for FlingSmash. The survey is now in your To-Do list ready for you to complete.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Please also be aware that the survey will expire on 4/23. Be sure to complete the survey before 4/23 so you don't miss out on earning your Coins.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]If you have any other problems, please reply to this email with any additional details you can provide.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]I hope you enjoy Club Nintendo![/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Sincerely,

[/FONT]
Nintendo of America, Inc.
Napoleon Do

Good to know in case this happens to you.

I wonder why it's taking so long for the Club Nintendo site to come back.

Apparently I can access the site, but not the home page...hmm.

For some reason firefox is having issues with the club Nintendo site, used IE9 and was able to access the page normally. I've already contacted Nintendo about this so we'll see what happens.

And it works with firefox now, guess they resolved the issues.

Club-Nintendo-RPG-Coins.jpg

Good day to be a part of NoE's program.

Friendly reminder that - at least on my account - Ambassador titles expire on April 21st. You've got a week to get the surveys done.

Edit:

The DK one ain't bad either, but yellow on yellow don't look so hot if you catch my drift

This took me a second, but now Frygetsit.jpeg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just noticed this as I was doing some surveys, but it didn't click that this is a new/recently added feature:

Club Nintendo has a new feature that some of you might be interested in. The site now shows you how many coins will expire at the end of your Club Nintendo year. Now you'll know how much you stand to lose before when your Club Nintendo year is up! Thanks to Johnny4 for the heads up.

Hmmm. Now that we know how many coins will expire on the 30th, I need to track down people who need to offload their coins. Buy me some sweet CN merch in exchange for monies.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm so bad at Air Rally. It's not even funny.[/QUOTE]I fail at monkey watch and the tambourine one. I hate the monkeys.

Did they remove how many points you need to reach gold and platinum? There's a bar there now, which is nifty, but it doesn't show progress numerically.

[quote name='maigoyume']
Oh and EVERYONE should go out and buy rhythm heaven fever.
[/QUOTE]
There's not even a thread for it. What's up with that? I have all "superb" medals and I'm going to try to get all perfects. Doubt that I can pull that off though. Here's a minigame that wasn't released outside of Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcKicUYVek

At $30 there is NO EXCUSE not to buy this ridiculously addictive game. I've ripped a few of the songs onto my mp3 player, they're so catchy. Personal favourite being the ending song.

Oh interesting one, kinda liked it. I've got about 29 medals so far and can probably superb all the songs but perfect only half of them. The DS one I found was far harder in comparison, there were times where I was sure I didn't even beat the level and got a medal in RHF and times when I should've passed and didn't even clear in RH.

Remix 3 and 9 come pretty close as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCmnBoONJTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-mnfWczE20

I'm close to getting platinum again this year, but have two questions.

Do I get coins for VC titles? If so, does it matter how much the VC titles cost? Is a N64 game (for example) worth more coins than a regular NES game?

Are 3DS games 30 coins? I have a chance to pick up a few first party Nintendo titles for $18 each, but I don't have a 3DS (yet).

VC titles should be ten regardless of price. 3DS games are thirty points, up to forty (fifty?) if you did the intend-to-buy and then registered quickly after release.

[quote name='Strell']VC titles should be ten regardless of price. 3DS games are thirty points, up to forty (fifty?) if you did the intend-to-buy and then registered quickly after release.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Looks like I'll just pick up some cheap NES games to fill my point quota then. I'm 90 short right now, with two surveys yet to come.

[quote name='maigoyume']At $30 there is NO EXCUSE not to buy this ridiculously addictive game. I've ripped a few of the songs onto my mp3 player, they're so catchy...[/QUOTE]

I bought this as part of Amazon's last B2G1 sale but it arrived the day I went to PAX East so I didn't get to play it until this weekend. I absolutely love the Wii And DS games and the songs are a huge part of the reasons why. How did you rip the songs?

Thanks for the notice about the Ambassador games. Did all the surveys. I'm going to hit Platinum this year, but it's likely the last year I'll be able to do so. I've been riding on a lot of registrations I'd been saving, but I'm out now.

I registered a bunch of stuff and have 1230 points right now. I can't find anything I want to use the points on though. The polo shirts would have been great

[quote name='tukai']I registered a bunch of stuff and have 1230 points right now. I can't find anything I want to use the points on though. The polo shirts would have been great[/QUOTE]

i like swag but I think spending coins on games is better, so my 3DS has a small library of games. when I go to Japan, I hope I can get a lot of the stuff (similar) I'd normally want but not want to use coins to get.

[quote name='Blade']I would sacrifice an Asian girl in lederhosen for either one of these.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='backseatdog']http://www.officialnintendomagazine...ay-special-nintendo-rpg-gold-coin-collection/[/QUOTE]

Sad part is I have a NOE account and bought all 3 games, shame I have no way to send it to myself over here in the US.

Oh well...just for giggles I wonder what would happen if I changed my address to the US one and wonder if they'd ship it over here....hmmm? ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']Sad part is I have a NOE account and bought all 3 games, shame I have no way to send it to myself over here in the US.

Oh well...just for giggles I wonder what would happen if I changed my address to the US one and wonder if they'd ship it over here....hmmm? ;)[/QUOTE]

You might be able to find a CAG across the seas to help you out there.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']You might be able to find a CAG across the seas to help you out there.[/QUOTE]

I have an old friend that lives in Milton Keynes (UK) that I could try and reach out too, but it's no big deal, I'd either sell'em or look at them once and put them away, but thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back