Club Nintendo Coin Values for Gamer Registration dropping on 7/1/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3razerviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The points you gain for registering games will be changing on 7/1 on club Nintendo. Some are going up (very few) and MANY MANY are going down. A lot to about 40% their original values (60% drop). So that will make some Nintendo rewards much more expensive. If you have any backlog get them registered if they are going down.

Yes I know it can be argued this is not a deal or it can be argued it is. If the mods want to move this they can. The link below has the new values note the tabs for each different console.

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

This is a good time to remind people they have like today and tomorrow to get that elite platinum status for the year, or whatever it is.

ug why did I type gamer! but yes that is coming up. I actually had way more than i needed this year. but had to register just to not lose a massive number of points.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It seems like a lifetime ago when I cared enough to register my Nintendo games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... Only one I registered was Zelda to get the soundtrack. I haven't seen anything I could get with coins worth the extra effort.

[quote name='Woocls']Yeah... Only one I registered was Zelda to get the soundtrack. I haven't seen anything I could get with coins worth the extra effort.[/QUOTE]

I have over 7,100 available points right now. In total I've redeemed two rewards in all the years I've used the program. Now I have points expiring tomorrow and have to waste some on junk.

[quote name='z3razerviper']ug why did I type gamer! but yes that is coming up. I actually had way more than i needed this year. but had to register just to not lose a massive number of points.[/QUOTE]

Just edit your post. I think you click edit, then while in edit mode, hit edit again and you will be able to edit your title.

[quote name='Romeo']I have over 7,100 available points right now. In total I've redeemed two rewards in all the years I've used the program. Now I have points expiring tomorrow and have to waste some on junk.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have redeemed: G&W 1, G&W 2, and Ultra Hand. I have the three platinum rewards (doc louis, mario statue, mario pin set) and the mario screensaver that I downloaded for free by googleing. Other than that i'm still saving coins for whenever they release more exclusive games.

[quote name='Romeo']I have over 7,100 available points right now. In total I've redeemed two rewards in all the years I've used the program. Now I have points expiring tomorrow and have to waste some on junk.[/QUOTE]

Talk to Strell. He's apparently offering money for items from the Club Nintendo store.

The 3ds 18game case is nice.

I'm hoping they have some worth while games coming up. I got a lot of unused coins as well. So far only Majora's Mask was worth it.

Damn, I have a ton of unregistered crap that I was saving for next years platinum. They should just carry the coins over to next year. If I knew the 3ds games were going up, I would have registered my wii games instead.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Talk to Strell. He's apparently offering money for items from the Club Nintendo store.[/QUOTE]

Thank you though I don't believe in selling free items to fellow members.

[quote name='z3razerviper']The 3ds 18game case is nice.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I loathe 3D. Wish the fad would go away. And calling it a fad is even a stretch, it's a forced gimmick from studios.

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you though I don't believe in selling free items to fellow members.

Eh, I loathe 3D. Wish the fad would go away. And calling it a fad is even a stretch, it's a forced gimmick from studios.[/QUOTE]

The case works for ds games as well

[quote name='z3razerviper']The case works for ds games as well[/QUOTE]

Oh really now? Did not know that. any tinkering required?

[quote name='Romeo']Oh really now? Did not know that. any tinkering required?[/QUOTE]

Nope just got to filp the thing upsidedown for 3ds games cause nintendo puts the covers in worng and people are to dumb to realize it the little tab is moved down for 3ds games. And all the youtube videos i have seen show people forcing it in worng. For ds games no issues

Nice! 3DS games are going up 10 points. I hadn't registered Kid Icarus, MK7, or RE Revelations since I already had platinum status and decided to sacrifice the 10 extra coins for registering the first week to put them towards next years platinum but it looks like I'll be getting those 10 coins anyway =).

[quote name='AwRy108']Typical corporation: take away from their loyal customers to make shareholders happy.[/QUOTE]

yeah, those assholes are raising the coin value of steel diver to spite me!

[quote name='Rollobobo']I didnt see the 3DS case...the one with the custom covers...did they take it down again?!?[/QUOTE]

I just looked at it 2 days ago i was going to get another one. Bummer... Sorry Romeo i just assumed it was still there.

You know, a lot of the first party titles on those lists seem to being going up, not down, and the shovelware's the stuff going down. I guess I could see people who hoard the cheap games being upset about it, but I honestly don't have any problems; I generally buy Nintendo's games first, anyway.

Well, except for the Wii stuff (which is the only category I hadn't looked at when I made this post).

[quote name='z3razerviper']I just looked at it 2 days ago i was going to get another one. Bummer... Sorry Romeo i just assumed it was still there.[/QUOTE]

Eh no worries. Thank you for letting me know. I've had plenty of opportunities to get it. My fault.

part that annoys me about this is i had enough games to get me platinum for the next 2 years without buying anything. but the point change forced my hand and I had to waste 1 year worth or risk losing hundreds and hundred of points i coudl redeem. :(
and last years gift sucked...loved the statue from the year before.

[quote name='FadeToOne']This is a good time to remind people they have like today and tomorrow to get that elite platinum status for the year, or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]

I wish I was more organized. I probably have enough, but hell if I know where all my games that haven't been registered are

[quote name='AwRy108']Typical corporation: take away from their loyal customers to make shareholders happy.[/QUOTE]

The fact that we got anything from NoA surprises me. We never got anything nearly as good as MyNintendo/Club Nintendo Japan did.

[quote name='Romeo']
Eh, I loathe 3D. Wish the fad would go away. And calling it a fad is even a stretch, it's a forced gimmick from studios.[/QUOTE]

You know you can turn the 3D off, right?

Looks like Wii got hit the hardest, but this really isn't surprising, the Wii U comes out in a few months, so those games should be worth the most. It looks like the newest stuff is staying high, while old stuff that cost less now is getting the drop.

Doesn't really bother me as this program was design to reward the most hardcore Nintendo buyers. I hit Platinum once, and used the points to buy the Hanafuda cards and later a Majora's Mask download. Probably won't hit it again until I buy a Wii U and a stock of games for it.

[quote name='locolukah']You know you can turn the 3D off, right?[/QUOTE]

Of course. I vote with my wallet. Don't support it and hopefully it fails.

Same goes for movies I buy that force 3D. If they make a 3D only edition, even if it comes with 2D, I will not support it. There is no 3D nonsense in my home.

This is pretty lame... but I'm not going to enter any of my backlog early just to get the coin boost. To me, platinum status is more important. Once I hit 600, I save the rest of my codes until the next year to help ensure I get platinum again. I guess it's just going to be a little harder next year.

Anyone know if the new games (like Pikmin 2) will hold their value or go down? They don't list it, which assumes that they will hold their value, but some aren't sure.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Anyone know if the new games (like Pikmin 2) will hold their value or go down? They don't list it, which assumes that they will hold their value, but some aren't sure.[/QUOTE]

I thought the rule was first party titles are going up, third party went down. This applies to 3DS games, not 100% sure on Wii games.

[quote name='Romeo']Of course. I vote with my wallet. Don't support it and hopefully it fails.

Same goes for movies I buy that force 3D. If they make a 3D only edition, even if it comes with 2D, I will not support it. There is no 3D nonsense in my home.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 and 360 support 3D. Are they banned as well?

I pretty much never play with the 3D on. Naming the system after what has become its least used feature was a huge mistake on Nintendo's part. People often ask me, "If you don't play in 3D, why did you get it?" Because it's the successor to the DS. Because it's the only place to play Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and the new Laytons.

Semi-off question here. I decided to finally go through all my stuff and enter all the codes I've been saving. I found every game I have that eligible and it seems I'm missing the card for Mario Cart DS, now I know I didn't through it away because I still have everything else that came with it (Heatlh Warning, Wifi book, ect.) Is there any way to register it without the card or horribly disfiguring the case(cutting the UPC out and sending it to them)? Not only with this game but I also have Xenoblades and Metroid Prime Trilogy still sealed and rather not open up those...especially the Metroid.:lol:

[quote name='Romeo']I thought the rule was first party titles are going up, third party went down. This applies to 3DS games, not 100% sure on Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Many of the Selects are going down. It is mainly the DS/3DS first party titles that are going up.

Crap. I only have enough points where if I register the games that I haven't yet, I'll be short of the lower tier reward. On the other hand, I'll be losing probably half my points. Guess I'll just register them and continue building up my coin count to get something worthwhile.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, those assholes are raising the coin value of steel diver to spite me![/QUOTE]

The coin value isn't really going up because the post-play surveys for 3DS games are dropping down to 10 coins; it's the exact same coin value.

[quote name='sayu']The coin value isn't really going up because the post-play surveys for 3DS games are dropping down to 10 coins; it's the exact same coin value.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that part.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Is it bad that i have a metric ton of Nintendo games in my house and I've never heard of Club Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Quick, register as many as you can 'til you reach Platinum status for the year - it ends on the first of July.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I must have missed that part.[/QUOTE]

It's at the bottom of the page, in the Other Ways To Earn Coins box.

Can they please, PLEASE put Cave Story as one of the Club Nintendo game prizes?? I'd love Nintendo '90-'95 style if they did. :p

Anyone have a code they can spare? I only need 10 more points to be platinum. I can send over a download token for any one of the this months game if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back